Is Front 7 the Next Reconstruction Zone? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Front 7 the Next Reconstruction Zone?

Well I'm seeing Preston Williams as the young WR. Not saying he is going to be a cornerstone #1 or anything, but it does appear as though he'll be here a while and probably as a starter, so Tua can build chemistry with him now and use that as he learns the position at the NFL level. Likewise, I think Gesicki is going to be here a while as well, so Tua has some players with whom to grow.
just for the record, I really like Williams.

I was as disappointed as many on here by the play of the front seven last week. Yet it was only one game and therefore I am certainly okay with seeing how this group evolves over the next month or two. If they continue to have issues stopping the run throughout the season then I will be concerned. At this point I am willing to give the players and coaches the benefit of the doubt simply because they have so many new players and with no preseason games and only limited practices, a lack of cohesion on the defense Is no great surprise.

I think it is probably a bit too early in the season to have a thread like this but if the play of the front 7 doesn’t improve dramatically over the coming weeks I am sure another thread like this will appear. Hopefully instead there will be a thread in the near future praising the improvement of the front seven if their play improves.

Not only was it "only one game," but it was a one off game. Miami won't face a BB, Newton, and run option every week. Yes, they need to STOP the run option, I'm not suggesting ignore game one. I AM saying I'll be interested in the two common types of O - run plays, pass plays, Josh Allen. I have no idea how that will work out. If the front 7 play as badly as game 1, I'll turn more pessimistic. If they play much better, I'll not join the doom and gloom.

Not only was it "only one game," but it was a one off game. Miami won't face a BB, Newton, and run option every week. Yes, they need to STOP the run option, I'm not suggesting ignore game one. I AM saying I'll be interested in the two common types of O - run plays, pass plays, Josh Allen. I have no idea how that will work out. If the front 7 play as badly as game 1, I'll turn more pessimistic. If they play much better, I'll not join the doom and gloom.
hard to believe they'll do better this week tho as imo Buffalo has a much better rushing attack than NE. It's gonna take a great game plan plus great execution in order to stop Buffalo this week.

hard to believe they'll do better this week tho as imo Buffalo has a much better rushing attack than NE. It's gonna take a great game plan plus great execution in order to stop Buffalo this week.

I was making a distinction between Cam and the RO vs. Buff's 'traditional' run scheme. Again, I have no idea how the front 7 will do, but I'll be interested in how they do or don't hold up against Buff. I doubt they practiced much against the RO. It's reasonable they DO practice against the 'traditional' run game. Getting abused by Buff could make for a long 1st 8 weeks.

With the 4 picks in the first 2 rounds I foresee a WR, RB and edge rusher being 3 of the 4. Unless those get addressed in FA.
I agree except I would like to live with one of our current RBs and take two WRs or two edge rushers.

I think I made the same post in every defensive thread, but we need a true NT. I don’t care if the guy has zero sacks every year. We need someone who can consistently take the opponent’s C and an OG out of every run play.
How is that Benito guy on the PS coming along?

y
Definitely! You could see the focus of the draft was getting Tua and building the offensive line. FA was more about defense. I don't see the Dolphins spending big on free agency in the future. It will be much more about building through the draft.
And yet you have to spend so much cap and field a viable product, thus the FA $.
ffs we just spent 1st and 2nd round picks on DTs in the last two drafts and here we are talking about needing a NT. **** chris grier.
Would you have rather spent either of the first two picks on a DL, a true NT?

Maybe, but again we need to see how this works out. What if every rookie on the offensive line pans out? I know Hunt is a little behind right now. What if Tua turns out to be the superstar many of us expect? That would be truly an A draft, not even counting players like Brandon Jones etc.

Free agency is mostly about depth, although I hear you. Lawson, Van Noy and Ogbah are young players who the team is likely counting on to start over the next few years. When all is said and done, hopefully the team will play much better. But, I do think the Dolphins need a DT who can dominate in the running game and better linebackers overall. I think front 7 focus is likely even if some of these free agents eventually come through.

Free agency is mostly about depth? Completely disagree. The Draft is about building depth. Free agency is about finding proven, starting pieces that fit your scheme....which is why you pay more for it.

Van Noy and Lawson are $10M+ guys, 2 of the top 5 contracts on the team. Ogbah is 8th. If that's just for depth.....you're in trouble.

Lawson got beat, faked-out almost every play at some point when he was close enough he should of started to pound Cam Newton.
Playing zone defense, whats the point of these high price CB's if not to play man.
Defensive game plan wasn't up to par, seems like the Dolphins want to run nickle on 2nd - 3rd down and they weren't big enough to stop the run, once they figure out NE was running 80% or more they should of stayed in heavy fronts all 3 downs and put there CB's in one on one situations and tried to force NE to beat them thru the air, playing it safe got our butts whipped. Offensively Fitz sucked and couldn't beat NE who was playing man to man, needless to say the OL could get any push for the RB's.

Game loss was on both coaches and Fitzpatrick.

If you want to stop the run, score points. If you want to get valuable production from your #1 and #2 top paid CBs in the league, score points. At some point, Fins are going to get it, when you score points, everything is easier for everyone... You're wasting your money trying to build a good D when you cant score points, complete waste.

If you want to stop the run, score points. If you want to get valuable production from your #1 and #2 top paid CBs in the league, score points. At some point, Fins are going to get it, when you score points, everything is easier for everyone... You're wasting your money trying to build a good D when you cant score points, complete waste.
Old saying:
Offense puts fans in the stands.
Defense puts up championship banners.
I do agree that we need skill O players. I would like to see 2 high pick WRs in next draft.

Old saying:
Offense puts fans in the stands.
Defense puts up championship banners.
I do agree that we need skill O players. I would like to see 2 high pick WRs in next draft.

Sounds like something Bill Parcells was mumbling while he was in charge in Miami.

There's a reason guys like him aren't coaching anymore. He thought he was going to win every game 13-10 with Chad Henne, Davon Bess, and Jake Long too.

Back
Top Bottom