Is Geno better than Ryan.......... | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Geno better than Ryan..........

LOL@the worst QB in the league since JaMarcus, who was there when his team legitimately earned one playoff berth in his 4 seasons (as a passenger somewhere on the bus away from the driver's seat as Westhoff has declared) being even equivalent to RT17. No matter who he had to work with, or whatever excuse of the month is favored, the fact remains that even those scrubs got free many times without him noticing them while throwing into triple coverage. If he was doing that in his 4th year, then whatever he's done in the past was his ceiling; Tannehill's ceiling is certainly a penthouse or two higher than that, whether he achieves it or not.

Tannehill >> Buttboy > Genocide

I would have to agree with this assessment. The jury on whether Tannehill is a franchise qb or not is still out, but he is most certainly a better prospect than Sanchez or Geno. One can only hang his hat on those two AFCCG appearances for so long before he has to admit to Sanchez's flaws. Towards the end of his time as the Jets starter Mark Sanchez had trouble reading coverages. Tannehill on the other hand can read coverages pretty well, he just can't always get the ball placement right. Geno is a lost cause because he can't read coverages and on the rare times that he does read the defense correctly he misses the receiver by a country mile. I like Junc as a poster, but I am tired of reading about how two AFC Title Game Appearances validates Sanchez as a legit NFL franchise qb. That's like saying Brad Johnson is a better qb than Dan Marino because he has a ring. Team accomplishments don't always tell the story. All I have to do is believe what my eyes tell me which is: Tannehill, while having flaws in his game has more potential than Sanchez or Geno Smith ever have or will have.

Rosie Ruiz won the Boston Marathon but she took a subway - she she get credit too? It's the equivalent of Colts starters averaging about 30pts a game while giving up about 18 over their first 14 games in 09. And guess what? Colts starters outscoring jests 45-27 over 1.5 games pro-rates out to about 60-37 over 2 full games or 30pts scored, 18.5pts given up per game.. making it pretty obvious that the team who couldn't beat Atlanta at home when they had to, was at best a mediocre 8-8 team short of charity. Too bad Polian, Caldwell ruined it so badly that the league's first order of business was changing late game scheduling to include divisional so that can't happen for Tannehill and the Fins. So let's see what happens year 2: the first and only year Buttboy, the Foot Perv and their team actually earned their way into an opportunity to go further.

Pete Carroll: Sanchez was not (never?) ready and this is the guy who knew enough about QBs that after spending a ****load of money for Matt Flynn, let Russell Wilson compete and win the job. Like Westhoff from his front row seat, Carroll knew what he was talking about regarding this flawed, unimproved over 4 year error machine

actually she doesn't get credit and everyone knows Pete was being selfish pulling a coach K type of move only caring about his program rather than his players. mark was clearly ready to play in the NFL as we saw in his first 3 years, in year 4 he was in an impossible situation.

actually she doesn't get credit and everyone knows Pete was being selfish pulling a coach K type of move only caring about his program rather than his players. mark was clearly ready to play in the NFL as we saw in his first 3 years, in year 4 he was in an impossible situation.

Didn't you respond to a post about a week and a half ago that it didn't matter how good Tannehill looked, or how little help he got in a losing effort cuz you count "wins" as the most important criterion? Well why doesn't that apply to the guy who had 52 turnovers in 2 seasons and lost something like 12 out of an 18 game stretch going back to '11? Or are there convenient special exceptions?

Didn't you respond to a post about a week and a half ago that it didn't matter how good Tannehill looked, or how little help he got in a losing effort cuz you count "wins" as the most important criterion? Well why doesn't that apply to the guy who had 52 turnovers in 2 seasons and lost something like 12 out of an 18 game stretch going back to '11? Or are there convenient special exceptions?

when he starts winning I'll agree but being 6-6 and beating a bad team while playing poorly doesn't show me much YET. He has 4 games to go, the playoffs are in his hands. Let's see him do it.

Tannehill is a very good QB, it's obvious now and has been for the majority of this season. Dolphins fans who trash him don't know what there talking about.

I hope those who do keep trashing him though, maybe he'll get run out of town a year from now. Doubt it, people making decisions can't be that stupid.

Tannehill is a very good QB, it's obvious now and has been for the majority of this season. Dolphins fans who trash him don't know what there talking about.

I hope those who do keep trashing him though, maybe he'll get run out of town a year from now. Doubt it, people making decisions can't be that stupid.

and you got to see his worst half execution wise all season...

Fortunately this organization is not going to be stupid enough to run him out of town after 2 years.

At least I hope not. I would certainly hope that in that case, there would be a LOL@TheFish thread over at Gang Green. I might even hop over there and join in.

and you got to see his worst half execution wise all season...

he probably saw the impressive fantasy #s which wows most fans. Tannehill has the ability but he has not had a very good year overall despite decent #s.

Must be awesome to live in the past

It is the present, let's see the great Ryan help his team reach and win in the playoffs.

he probably saw the impressive fantasy #s which wows most fans. Tannehill has the ability but he has not had a very good year overall despite decent #s.

It is the present, let's see the great Ryan help his team reach and win in the playoffs.

I'm just as excited to see if the great Rex can coach his team to enough wins to save his job :ponder:

when he starts winning I'll agree but being 6-6 and beating a bad team while playing poorly doesn't show me much YET. He has 4 games to go, the playoffs are in his hands. Let's see him do it.
Unfortunately he doesn't have a strong running game like Sanchez benefited from. It's going to be tough but not impossible.

I'm just as excited to see if the great Rex can coach his team to enough wins to save his job :ponder:

to me he has, he's done an outstanding job this year. His best 2 coaching jobs have been this year and last year, the records don't indicate that but see what he had to work w/ on offense and to even be in the race in dec was a miracle.

---------- Post added at 09:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 AM ----------

Unfortunately he doesn't have a strong running game like Sanchez benefited from. It's going to be tough but not impossible.

actually he does, they just don't run enough. We have by far the best rush D in the league and you ran it pretty well but abandoned it. You can run the football, you foolishly choose not to which is why you are only 6-6 instead if being 8-4 or better.

to me he has, he's done an outstanding job this year. His best 2 coaching jobs have been this year and last year, the records don't indicate that but see what he had to work w/ on offense and to even be in the race in dec was a miracle.

---------- Post added at 09:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 AM ----------

actually he does, they just don't run enough. We have by far the best rush D in the league and you ran it pretty well but abandoned it. You can run the football, you foolishly choose not to which is why you are only 6-6 instead if being 8-4 or better.

LOL...Well lets hope Rex has many more outstanding years like these last 2 :hump:

Impressive fantasy numbers? Yeah, because I guess i'm that narrow minded. No. I watched the game. I pay attention to what all the QB's around the league are doing. Just because you don't like the Dolphins doesnt mean every player on the team is no good.

It's ok to admit when an opposing player is good Junc. Most analysts will tell you that Tannehill is a pretty good QB, or is at least developing into one. It's pretty well known now.

Go look at the stats, and watch him play. If you still come to the conclusion that he isnt very good your not paying attention.

Screen shot 2013-12-03 at 12.45.11 PM.png

These stats tell the story, and there not fantasy stats. But I guess your of the thought that you have to watch every game to know how good a player is. That being the case, you really can't have an opinion on many other players outside of the Jets players then. Because you can't possibly watch every single game, every single week.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom