Is Geno better than Ryan.......... | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Geno better than Ryan..........

Impressive fantasy numbers? Yeah, because I guess i'm that narrow minded. No. I watched the game. I pay attention to what all the QB's around the league are doing. Just because you don't like the Dolphins doesnt mean every player on the team is no good.

It's ok to admit when an opposing player is good Junc. Most analysts will tell you that Tannehill is a pretty good QB, or is at least developing into one. It's pretty well known now.

Go look at the stats, and watch him play. If you still come to the conclusion that he isnt very good your not paying attention.

View attachment 11818

These stats tell the story, and there not fantasy stats. But I guess your of the thought that you have to watch every game to know how good a player is. That being the case, you really can't have an opinion on many other players outside of the Jets players then. Because you can't possibly watch every single game, every single week.

I will always admit when opposing players play well, Ryan Tannehill did not play well and please spare me your graphs and statsheets. I saw him miss a ton of easy throws, if he was good that game is over by halftime.

I don't see every play of every game but I see a lot more than just the Jets.

I will always admit when opposing players play well, Ryan Tannehill did not play well and please spare me your graphs and statsheets. I saw him miss a ton of easy throws, if he was good that game is over by halftime.

A ton? You make it easy to see how you exaggerate which clouds your ability to see the entire game. He wasn't good in the first half. He was fine in the second. The stats support that as do the eyeballs watching the game.

A ton? You make it easy to see how you exaggerate which clouds your ability to see the entire game. He wasn't good in the first half. He was fine in the second. The stats support that as do the eyeballs watching the game.

He missed a lot of throws, again- that game should have been over by halftime. The stats look much better than the eyeball test. he was better in the 2nd mostly due to 2 WRs taking short passes and making 3-4 guys miss turning them into long TDs.

Well those graphs tell the story better then a persons eyes can. You can't see what every player is doing on every play in a game.

He also made a ton of throws too, didnt really turn the ball over besides the one pick where he got hit which was a great play by the Jets D as oppose to a mistake by Tannehill.

And this is all with a pretty average at best supporting cast. His O-Line is garbage, Mike Wallace was a terrible signing in my opinion, Hartline and Clay are average players. He has more to work with then the Jets QB's the last 2 years have had no doubt, but thats not that good of a team.

My only point is that QB is not the issue for them. They have a lot of work to do still. While we are rebuilding, they have clearly passed that phase, which makes their 6-6 record a little disappointing (especially after starting 3-0). But they have a QB which is a huge step forward.

Well those graphs tell the story better then a persons eyes can. You can't see what every player is doing on every play in a game.

He also made a ton of throws too, didnt really turn the ball over besides the one pick where he got hit which was a great play by the Jets D as oppose to a mistake by Tannehill.

And this is all with a pretty average at best supporting cast. His O-Line is garbage, Mike Wallace was a terrible signing in my opinion, Hartline and Clay are average players. He has more to work with then the Jets QB's the last 2 years have had no doubt, but thats not that good of a team.

My only point is that QB is not the issue for them. They have a lot of work to do still. While we are rebuilding, they have clearly passed that phase, which makes their 6-6 record a little disappointing (especially after starting 3-0). But they have a QB which is a huge step forward.

Obviously not if you think he was good Sunday.

I don't think QB is an issue for them either, I think Ryan can be a good QB in this league but he has not had a good year. I expect he will continue to get better though.

He missed a lot of throws, again- that game should have been over by halftime. The stats look much better than the eyeball test. he was better in the 2nd mostly due to 2 WRs taking short passes and making 3-4 guys miss turning them into long TDs.

I seem to remember Sanchez winning a few games with short throws to Holmes. I don't recall you trying to take credit away from him though. In fact, it was the exact opposite. You said things like, "It was a perfect pass" or how difficult of a throw it was to make with the defenders near. Why doesn't the same apply for Tannehill?

The throw to Hartline was an outstanding pass. It was right in between two defenders and placed perfectly. The TD to Wallace wasn't anything special, but that is 1 pass. Tannehill missed a few throws, but that doesn't mean he wasn't good. The game could have been much different before halftime with Tannehill playing the exact same game had the kicker not missed a makeable FG, or if our RBs could gain 1 yard on 3rd and 4th down.

He didn't play great, but saying he didn't play good is not accurate.

The only guys I've ever heard you compliment are Sanchez and Brady. You give excuses out the ******* about how Peyton and Eli Manning are bums. Now you say Tannehill didn't play well and it was his WRs that deserve all the credit for their TDs.

You know because no other QB in the league has thrown a 10 yard pass to a WR and they took it to the house.

I don't think QB is an issue for them either, I think Ryan can be a good QB in this league but he has not had a good year. I expect he will continue to get better though.

He's going to finish with a better QB rating this year than Mark Sanchez ever had in his brief career. I remember you saying Sanchez had good years early on. What gives? Let me guess, something to do with the AFC Title games right? They mask all of your arguments.

I seem to remember Sanchez winning a few games with short throws to Holmes. I don't recall you trying to take credit away from him though. In fact, it was the exact opposite. You said things like, "It was a perfect pass" or how difficult of a throw it was to make with the defenders near. Why doesn't the same apply for Tannehill?

The throw to Hartline was an outstanding pass. It was right in between two defenders and placed perfectly. The TD to Wallace wasn't anything special, but that is 1 pass. Tannehill missed a few throws, but that doesn't mean he wasn't good. The game could have been much different before halftime with Tannehill playing the exact same game had the kicker not missed a makeable FG, or if our RBs could gain 1 yard on 3rd and 4th down.

He didn't play great, but saying he didn't play good is not accurate.

he won a game w/ a short throw to Holmes, a game our K missed 3 Fgs and even had Holmes not made a great move to score we would have ben in FG range to win it(could he have missed 4?). did Mark miss a ton of throws that game like Ryan?

he didn't have a good game, if he would have you guys would have blown us out by halftime.

I am not insulting him, I am not saying he can't play just that he struggled. I think it's a good sign to struggle and put up good #s.

The only guys I've ever heard you compliment are Sanchez and Brady. You give excuses out the ******* about how Peyton and Eli Manning are bums. Now you say Tannehill didn't play well and it was his WRs that deserve all the credit for their TDs.

You know because no other QB in the league has thrown a 10 yard pass to a WR and they took it to the house.

That's not true at all, I speak the truth on all QBs. I never said Peyton isn't an all time great, just that he isn't as good as Brady.

I never said Eli sucks, just that he was never elite.

He's going to finish with a better QB rating this year than Mark Sanchez ever had in his brief career. I remember you saying Sanchez had good years early on. What gives? Let me guess, something to do with the AFC Title games right? They mask all of your arguments.

That's awesome! did you know Daunte Culpepper has a higher rating than Dan marino? he must be better!

many QBs do but how many miss a million throws that would have blown a game open?

I'm not trying to argue with you. I just don't understand what you were seeing on Sunday when it comes to Tannehill. I know he missed a couple of deep balls but all QB's do. All QB's make bad throws throughout a game. The deep ball in particular is a low percentage throw to begin with.

What did you see in Tannehill that made you not impressed with him? Because I came away from that game confirming my belief that he was a good young QB with a very bright future.

You clearly were very impressed with Sanchez during his time with the Jets. If he had a game like Tannehill had on Sunday you wouldn't have been talking about how good he played?

I'm not trying to argue with you. I just don't understand what you were seeing on Sunday when it comes to Tannehill. I know he missed a couple of deep balls but all QB's do. All QB's make bad throws throughout a game. The deep ball in particular is a low percentage throw to begin with.

What did you see in Tannehill that made you not impressed with him? Because I came away from that game confirming my belief that he was a good young QB with a very bright future.

You clearly were very impressed with Sanchez during his time with the Jets. If he had a game like Tannehill had on Sunday you wouldn't have been talking about how good he played?

If mark had that game I'd be happy we won(which is all that really matters) but disappointed he left so many points out there.

He missed a ton of easy throws, he kept us in the game. I think Ryan is a good, young QB that can become a good vet in the coming years. He's not quite there yet.

I believe a hear a very rotund lady singing.

I believe a hear a very rotund lady singing.

why? we are very much alive, just need to win out and hope Bal loses 2 of 3 which is very possible- at least the Bal losing part.

it's nice that geno finally show positive signs again, it helped to have kerley back.

why? we are very much alive, just need to win out and hope Bal loses 2 of 3 which is very possible- at least the Bal losing part.

it's nice that geno finally show positive signs again, it helped to have kerley back.
The Jets win out? :lol:

The Jets win out? :lol:

you never know, we'll know for sure this weekend. If they can beat Carolina on the road then obviously they can beat Miami on the road. I don't expect it but you never know.

Back
Top Bottom