Is Griese The Man After All? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Griese The Man After All?

PhinKev

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Got this from the NFL Insiders.com:

"Tidbits of information that have made their way to The Insiders are that the personnel men within the Dolphins organization believe that Griese will eventually take the reigns of the starting quarterback spot at some point in 2003. "

I wonder if Wanny has been upfront with us.

Of course he hasn't. He'd be out of his mind to incite or declare a QB controversy.

The difference is ability and decision-making. Jay makes better decisions. Brian has more natural QB talent. You go with the incumbant, who makes better decisions........and let the rest play out.

Circumstance will force the change. I'd be surprised if JF could make it through the entire season uninjured.

barring an injury to Jay, I give about 5:1 odds that BG2 will be named starter.

Originally posted by PhinKev
Got this from the NFL Insiders.com:

"Tidbits of information that have made their way to The Insiders are that the personnel men within the Dolphins organization believe that Griese will eventually take the reigns of the starting quarterback spot at some point in 2003. "

I wonder if Wanny has been upfront with us.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Yeah sure looks like he will from QB schools.I just find it funny how media assumes Griese will end up being starter and "according to unname sources" provides info.Training Camp and Preseason will give us a better clue on how both QB's are doing and not unname source.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jay has missed most of every PS since he's been here and still been named the starter. TC and PS will have no impact on who is behind the C ag. Houston

Originally posted by dolphan39
Jay has missed most of every PS since he's been here and still been named the starter. TC and PS will have no impact on who is behind the C ag. Houston

Obviusly Jay will be starter unless he start losing games but I'm talking about giving us the Fans a better undertstanding on how both QB are measure to one another.

I think Wanny's "Jay is our starter" really means:

Right now Jay is the starter, but if at any point we think that Brian gives us a better chance to win, we won't hesitate to change the quarterback.

Muck, I disagree with you in this sense, I don't think admitting the above creates a real problem. Jay is a big boy, he knows the score.

Besides, isn't it true for every other position?

Griese is gonna have to take the reins, unless you wanna take a 6-7 million dollar cap hit next year for him to hold a clipboard...if Jay slips up even a little bit, the whole city is gonna scream for Brian

Originally posted by CirclingWagons
Griese is gonna have to take the reins, unless you wanna take a 6-7 million dollar cap hit next year for him to hold a clipboard...if Jay slips up even a little bit, the whole city is gonna scream for Brian

Well the idea is if Jay stay healthy and has a good season than he will stay and Griese will go or vice versa.

Originally posted by minus

Well the idea is if Jay stay healthy and has a good season than he will stay and Griese will go or vice versa.

That is the idea, but I just find it hard to believe that Griese will not get a shot down here...its almost predestined in a way

Originally posted by CirclingWagons

He's a one year rental. Next year the contract gets redone or he gets cut. There is no 6-7 million cap hit in any situation.

Originally posted by VanDolPhan

He's a one year rental. Next year the contract gets redone or he gets cut. There is no 6-7 million cap hit in any situation.
no, say he takes over, and takes you guys to the AFC championship game or farther...you don't think he's gonna want his $$$?

Last edited by a moderator:
When it comes to preseason and training camp, It doesn't mean that much. The year Fiedler won the starting job from Huard he played one preseason game and that was it. The Coaches knew who they preferred.

I think the overall opinion expressed in this forum is:

Jay is the starter
He could lose that due to poor play or injury
If he does and Griese plays well, then bye bye Jay.
If Jay stays healthy and performs well, then its bye bye Griese.

I agree with all of that

Back
Top Bottom