Is Griese The Man After All? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Griese The Man After All?

Originally posted by fin-atic
When it comes to preseason and training camp, It doesn't mean that much. The year Fiedler won the starting job from Huard he played one preseason game and that was it. The Coaches knew who they preferred.

I think the overall opinion expressed in this forum is:

Jay is the starter
He could lose that due to poor play or injury
If he does and Griese plays well, then bye bye Jay.
If Jay stays healthy and performs well, then its bye bye Griese.

I agree with all of that

Yo Fin-atic and I agree on QB situation.I never thought I'll see that..

If Brian could take US to the NFC championship game, I will eat my underware. ;)

Seriously, there is no way, short of Jay being injured, that Brian is the starting QB come Sept. Jay has a lot more understanding and a better grasp of the offense, and knows his receivers better.

I will bet anyone who wants in 5 bucks that, barring injury, Jay is the starting QB vs Houston.

Originally posted by dolfan87
If Brian could take US to the NFC championship game, I will eat my underware. ;)

Seriously, there is no way, short of Jay being injured, that Brian is the starting QB come Sept. Jay has a lot more understanding and a better grasp of the offense, and knows his receivers better.

I will bet anyone who wants in 5 bucks that, barring injury, Jay is the starting QB vs Houston.

whoopsies, thanx for pointing that out..brain fart...i meant AFC

I don't see any way that Fiedler stays with Miami after this year.. Even if we win the SB.. Griese is younger and would have a year under his belt in Norv's offense and I believe Wannstedt sees Griese as Jay's predecessor after this year... That's how I see it..

Originally posted by RUDEbyallMEANS
I don't see any way that Fiedler stays with Miami after this year.. Even if we win the SB.. Griese is younger and would have a year under his belt in Norv's offense and I believe Wannstedt sees Griese as Jay's predecessor after this year... That's how I see it..
for once we are in agreement;)

What if Sage outperforms Griese and Fiedler @ TC and PS? Ya'll still think Griese should start of Jay goes down?

Originally posted by justafan
What if Sage outperforms Griese and Fiedler @ TC and PS? Ya'll still think Griese should start of Jay goes down?

No.. Look at Lucas last year.. Tore up the pre-season, then when it came to his time in the reg. season, he completely folded and caused Miami the playoffs and blew up the heads of all Bills fans and Jets fans world wide.. :lol:.. sage is a 3rd stringer, he'll stay that way until next year..

No.. Look at Lucas last year.. Tore up the pre-season, then when it came to his time in the reg. season, he completely folded and caused Miami the playoffs and blew up the heads of all Bills fans and Jets fans world wide.. :lol:.. sage is a 3rd stringer, he'll stay that way until next year..

You're willing to put a qb who barely has a grasp of Norv's system at the risk of losing the entire season in a division where 1 game can make a huge difference of making the playoffs? I asked this in a diff. before but just wondering for those who didn't read it.

no, Bledsoe blew the heads up;) ..having the best QB in your division will do that...and we have him for awhile

BTW just because Lucas turned out to be a bust doesn't mean Sage will be one. It could very well mean he's ready and is the real thing.

Originally posted by CirclingWagons
no, Bledsoe blew the heads up;) ..

Whatever makes you feel better..:D

Originally posted by Justafan
You're willing to put a qb who barely has a grasp of Norv's system at the risk of losing the entire season in a division where 1 game can make a huge difference of making the playoffs? I asked this in a diff. before but just wondering for those who didn't read it.

I would put in Griese over Rosenfels any day of the week as long as Wannstedt has Griese as the backup.. If Wannstedt says Sage is not ready, then there's no reason not to believe him.. He chose Fiedler over Huard and Fiedler over Ray Lucas when everyone else wanted otherwise.. This guy knows what he's doin.. So to answer your wuestion, yes.. Griese over Sage.. Griese has lots of time to get the offense down and be effective..

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by PhinKev
I think Wanny's "Jay is our starter" really means:

Right now Jay is the starter, but if at any point we think that Brian gives us a better chance to win, we won't hesitate to change the quarterback.

Muck, I disagree with you in this sense, I don't think admitting the above creates a real problem. Jay is a big boy, he knows the score.

Sure it does. It creates a problem in the locker room. And it makes the head coach out to be a disloyal hypocrite.

Listen, what a coach SAYS and what a coach DOES are two different things. Why is there always this huge big need from fans to hear a coach say what everyone already knows?? Why do we have to be told everything when we can deduce as much on our own??

If Jay knows the score, and we know that he knows the score.....then why do we have to be told about it??

Heck, we're not even in training camp yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom