Is Griese The Man After All? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Griese The Man After All?

Originally posted by Muck

With Bledsoe, I'd put money down on our Super Bowl dreams coming true. Playing with our defense, he'd rarely have to take those chances. His turnover ratio would plummet. We'd have the best offense in the NFL. Beautiful women would flock to me as I exited my car. Life would be good. :)

:rofl:

That was a 9.9 on the open-ended FinHeaven Post Scale.

Yes, life would be good. The hot chicks would swarm to us all. PrimeTime would be posting like mad, asking what to do. And we'd all be too bizzy to respond.
:goof:

Sure hope JF can deliver the babes for more than just himself. :)

Originally posted by RUDEbyallMEANS

Given what Brady was able to do with the Pats without a respected run game and decent receivers, I'd choose Brady over Bledsoe.. Brady is very friendly to his defense, he rarely puts them in horrible position like Bledsoe does.. I do not like Pennington very much, he threw to wide open receivers most of the time and floats his throws way too much, he has no zip to his passes.. For the AFC East, the QB's ranked are as follows..
1. Brady
2. Bledsoe
3. Pennington
4. Fiedler..

I respect what you are saying, but check these stats out and tell me what other offense could have this much going against them yet still produce...as always, no smack intended, just intelligent football conversation

1. the Bills were last in the league in takeaways last year, which meant horrible field position constantly

2. they had 43 touchdown drives this year, and only 5 started in the opponents territory...only 5!!

3. 26 of those 43 drives were for 73 yards or more!

just imagine what Bledsoe and the Bills could do with an inkling of a defense, and decent field position

The only thing I am wondering about the Bills is whether the gains on defense end up nullified by the losses on offense.

Originally posted by VanDolPhan
The only thing I am wondering about the Bills is whether the gains on defense end up nullified by the losses on offense.
Price, like I keep saying, is not nearly as big a loss as you think...Price was unheard from before Bledsoe got here...he was a whineybaby...only difference, he's still a whineybaby, but bledsoe bested his best season by 400 yards!....and he was singled the whole time too...Josh Reed is gonna see a ton of Balls come his way this year, and he is the player I'm most excited about. Campbell is not the receiver Riemersma was, but is DEFINATELY a better blocker...and the drop off in receiving is actually minimal....the one guy i would of liked to of kept was Larry Centers, cuz he was always the "offensive" safety...nowhere to throw?, dump it off to him....but he wouldnt be used much in our new power running game anyways...instead we have 3 time probowler(and recent SB winner) Sam Gash....It's still a good debate Van, but Centers is my only real worry

Originally posted by CirclingWagons
Griese is gonna have to take the reins, unless you wanna take a 6-7 million dollar cap hit next year for him to hold a clipboard...if Jay slips up even a little bit, the whole city is gonna scream for Brian

Probably those voices will be the same who cried Ray Lucas' name...

Funny, those same people are mute now... or so it seems...

If BG is the future starter, fine... Hopefully some of the guys who go to Training Camp this week will supply the forums with some good info...

Originally posted by CirclingWagons
Price, like I keep saying, is not nearly as big a loss as you think...

Josh Reed is gonna see a ton of Balls come his way this year, and he is the player I'm most excited about.

Keep telling yourself that...

Reed is gonna pick up where Price left off and get close to 100 receptions and over 1200 yards???

Just like your fellow NYers say they won't miss Coles and his 80+ receptions and 1200 yards...

Yep, no big deal replacing either of them...

Keep dreaming...

Reed is still unproven.. He'll now be going up against the opponents 2nd best cornerback which is very different from being covered by the opponents nickel back.. Lots of Bills fans are excited about Reed as most Fans of any team would be about their respected teams but it is a still "wait and see" type thing.. I doubt the majority of the Bills fans are comfortable with Reed as their 2nd best WR though.. He's still unproven..

Wanny will not make a change at QB unless Wayne puts pressure on him if Fiedler is not getting it done. The one thing Wanny wants most is to keep this job. Tax free state. Great fans and a tradition of winning every year. Look how his career W/L record has improved each year by being here.
:jetssuck: :nesucks: :billsbite

excuse me, how is Peerless Price proven?
he's not a probowler, he was average at best without Bledsoe, he was single-covered ALL the time...i'm really interested in what he's proved

btw, Josh Reed wont get 1200 yards this year(Price had 91 receptions last year), but if we have 2 1200 yard receivers again, then that means were shying away from our ground control offense....Moulds will obviously be a 1000+ this year, and Reed can reach a 1000 too and this is why:

Reed had a better yards per catch average then both Moulds and Price.
Reed is great after the catch, loves to go over the middle, and is extreemly quick
another praise of him is that he's the opposite of James Mcknight, meaning, he has great hands..I just told you all facts here, now, in an unbiased manner, tell me how the unproven Peerless Price is gonna be so missed?...btw, it's your wishful thinking that his departure will hurt us, if i was an opponent, i'd want it to hurt too

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom