Is it April Fools already? Miami and T.Owens a Match?? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is it April Fools already? Miami and T.Owens a Match??

jackson or TO and Ramsey would be awesome im just saying dont hold your breath

hey chambersownz84 your a cool guy i like the dolphins too. But if you EVER.. I mean EVER!!! try to get smart with me like that again it will be the end of you..

EDIT: And if you speak like that again to anyone on this forum, it will be the end of you.....again. Muck

I vote for Owens
I vote for Rivers or Henson

We will address OLine Rd 3 or later or FA.

With that boost to the offense, Miami goes deep in the playoffs this year, next year we are the new dynasty.

PS
I like Owens attitude. This team has been full of P-ussies for too long. We need soemone with some **** in their walk. Can't you see and Randy McMichael dancing in the end zone after TD's?

Miami seems like a team in desperate need of a fire,sure we had a couple of sparks but that isnt going to drive this team anywhere. The Phins are a great team and if they can play like one with the adjustments needed then we can proceed where we have left off the last two seasons

T.o in miami would be great but chances are slim ....but then again the owner is always looking for ways to make $$$.

theres no way in hell we get owens. but he's one of the few that could make fiedler look great when he catches all of his overthrown passes.

Clumped first off I'm not sure that the $1.25 million 2003 bonus you spoke of was guaranteed. In fact I find it very unlikely, because we would have heard about it. Considering his 750k base last year, I find it much more likely that the $1.25 million counted in his one year base salary.

As for the $2 million March bonus, this could be part of the source of confusion as to whether or not the Dolphins are $11 million, $10 million, or $17 million over the salary cap. Simply put if you're going with the $17 million figure then most likely you're counting the $2 million roster bonus on the Phins cap, in which case cutting Fiedler WOULD save somewhere over $3 million. If you're not counting the roster bonus then yeah, cutting Fiedler saves about $1.5 million. The best thing for Miami would not be restructuring Fiedler because that adds to the hit we'll take when we finally do cut him. The best thing for us would be an outright PAY CUT...as in cutting out that roster bonus altogether and lowering his base salary to like $1 million. That would save something like $4 million but I doubt Fiedler goes for it.

As for Owens I agree with the unnamed Miami source...a lot of things would have to fall in place for Owens to come to Miami, but if it happened, it would be a good thing. I don't mind the attitude all that much...usually only comes to be a problem when you're losing. I said this about Larry Fitzgerald and the same goes for Terrell Owens too. If you put T.O. next to Chris Chambers, with McMichael, Ricky, and Rob Konrad...well damn a monkey should be able to pilot that to a top ten offense as long as the OL gets improved.

But thats where Ogunleye comes in. Because we can't lose Todd Wade and somehow replace him with a 3rd round draft pick. Didn't work out so good for us last season. If we lose Todd Wade we would need to somehow parlay Ogunleye into a chance at RT Shawn Andrews so that we could keep good our chances at getting Phil Rivers.

I wouldn't want Owens in Miami because of his attitude problems. However, we won't be able to afford him anyway. However, if we could afford him, I wouldn't want him anyway. He does have talent but he drops way too many balls, and as I mentioned before, he has attitude problems.

Originally posted by miamid04
hey chambersownz84 your a cool guy i like the dolphins too. But if you EVER.. I mean EVER!!! try to get smart with me like that again it will be the end of you..

:tsk: Don't start on the wrong foot ...again... MiamiD .... chill out or you'll suffer the same fate as last time....

Remember I first reported this when Rosenhaus stated it and everyone was like "Oh please take what Rosenhaus says as a joke." Well it looks like it can come true. Imagine T.O. and CC :eek:. I would prefer Moss and CC, but T.O. and CC will do :)

and another thing ...i dont understand why u keep saying bring rivers...that means no SB for miami again...name 1 qb that was a rookie that took a team to the sb and won..u cant count brady because it was his second year.

Okay but it was his first year playing. Nothing is impossible in the NFL. If Dilfer can do it, so can Rivers :)

This post reminds me of the character Psycho from "Stripes":

"Everybody calls me Psycho.
Any of you guys call me Francis, and I'll kill you.
Also, I don't like no one touching my stuff.
So just keep your meathooks off.
If I catch any of you guys in my stuff, I'll kill you.
And I don't like nobody touching me.
Any of you homos touch me, and I'll kill you."

To which I would reply, like the famous Sgt. Hulka

Lighten up, Francis.
:)

I'm not gonna say its impossible for a rookie QB to lead a team to a super bowl. Try and keep in mind that when a rookie QB is playing, its usually not in a good situation. Most teams have always kept to the notion that a rookie QB should sit his first year to learn...not just because coaches assume no rookie will lead them to a Super Bowl but also because a lot of coaches are genuinely afraid that tossing a rookie QB into the fire can actually RUIN him.

So when a rookie does actually enter as a starter it is usually in a pressure-less environment where the team is losing and they just want to find a way to win and see what the rookie can do...seeing what he brings to the table so that they can start planning for the future. So I think there's a severe sampling problem. The best rookie QBs go to the teams with the worst records in the NFL via the draft. Rookies don't usually get to lead a good team, so its no wonder when rookie QBs dont get the opportunity to win a super bowl

That said I think this is something that is going to change now that free agency has really set its hooks into the NFL. Now a team can go from 3-13 to 13-3 in one year, and there's lots of QBs out there who are in caretaker situations. You put a rookie QB with the polish of a Phil Rivers, as the QB of a team that was already good and should be good again, and yes, there's a chance he could lead them to the Super Bowl.

MiamiD you come on here its your first day and you have like 9 posts and youre telling people to stay off these forums? stfu and get out of here. you dont just walk on here and then start tellin people to get off of these forums when this is your first day, who do you think you are? I think these forums were better off without you.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
I'm not gonna say its impossible for a rookie QB to lead a team to a super bowl. Try and keep in mind that when a rookie QB is playing, its usually not in a good situation. Most teams have always kept to the notion that a rookie QB should sit his first year to learn...not just because coaches assume no rookie will lead them to a Super Bowl but also because a lot of coaches are genuinely afraid that tossing a rookie QB into the fire can actually RUIN him.

So when a rookie does actually enter as a starter it is usually in a pressure-less environment where the team is losing and they just want to find a way to win and see what the rookie can do...seeing what he brings to the table so that they can start planning for the future. So I think there's a severe sampling problem. The best rookie QBs go to the teams with the worst records in the NFL via the draft. Rookies don't usually get to lead a good team, so its no wonder when rookie QBs dont get the opportunity to win a super bowl

That said I think this is something that is going to change now that free agency has really set its hooks into the NFL. Now a team can go from 3-13 to 13-3 in one year, and there's lots of QBs out there who are in caretaker situations. You put a rookie QB with the polish of a Phil Rivers, as the QB of a team that was already good and should be good again, and yes, there's a chance he could lead them to the Super Bowl.

Excellent point. A notable exception to the above was the rookie Dan Marino who came into a Super Bowl team and performed tremendously although the team did not make the Super Bowl his rookie year.

Dude I didn't even catch that. Oh my god dude, thats such an immature childish goon response. Take a step back, breathe, breathe, now realize that you're THREATENING SOMEONE ON A MESSAGE BOARD.

I bet you're a black belt in karate right? Hah. Take your star trek ship models and thick glasses and go interact with some real people in real life cuz you're taking this message board crap way too seriously.

I will end you. HAH. There's nothing like when someone tries to threaten another poster on a message board....

"I bet I could beat you up in real life!"

-"Uh unnhh."

"Uh huhhh!"

-"Unh unhhh"

"Yeah I could toooo!"

-"Well then why don't you come and do it?"

"I will"

-"Come on then"

"I will!"

-"I'm waiting?"

"Why don't you come over here then?"

-"You think I won't? I'm not scared of you!"