Is it April Fools already? Miami and T.Owens a Match?? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is it April Fools already? Miami and T.Owens a Match??

I bet last year none of you thought there was anyway we could get Seau or Knight but we did. So before you all start rambling it is impossible think again. Anything is possible in sports. I would have never thought that a team with the highest payroll in baseball could have signed the guy with the highest salary ever but they did it.

True that zachseau13 I wasn't gonna mention it just cuz I can't remember the last time a rookie QB played on a team that expected or ended up competing and the Rookie QB ended up sucking too badly.

I know there MUST be other examples of rookie's playing on good teams but I cant think of any.

TO wants twice as much money as both Seau, and Knight combined. He's only interested in trying to drive his price up, and using Miami as a bargaining chip.

Its business, and marketing. Gives fans something to talk about though.

This is his personal web site, he's very accessible so if you ask questions, they are usually answered by him.

http://www.terrellowens.com/forum/index.php

Originally posted by ckparrothead
True that zachseau13 I wasn't gonna mention it just cuz I can't remember the last time a rookie QB played on a team that expected or ended up competing and the Rookie QB ended up sucking too badly.

I know there MUST be other examples of rookie's playing on good teams but I cant think of any.

forgot about kyle boller already?

Originally posted by miamid04
HAAHA Miami isn't going to ever get Owens. There not even going to get Jacksonl. They might get Kordell and a washed up reciever no one ever heard of if were lucky. As far as the qb situation goes...A.J. Feely who play 8 games in his career is all were gunna get .

I heard alot of the same coming from people who said we couldnt get Knight, Seau and Griese.

:tongue:

Originally posted by miamid04
I honestly don't think you have the brains to understand that we dont have the cash flow to pull off getting Owens and all your FA fantasies. I think you need to just stay off this forum. We need an OL thats obvious. We need another WR.. We dont have money for both....we had a star qb it didnt work...cuz we had no OL...DUHHHHHHH

No sense in coming off like that on someone.

Well I dunno about Boller. First off I don't know that they were expected to really do as well as they did this season, and second Boller only played 9 games...and went 5-4. When Wright came in they went 5-2.

Well I dunno about Boller. First off I don't know that they were expected to really do as well as they did this season, and second Boller only played 9 games...and went 5-4. When Wright came in they went 5-2.

don't you think they would have played better at the end of the season with boller? look at what wright did in miami. sack,pick, sack sack, pick, pick.

Wright struggled against Miami but that was his first start. The rest of the time he led that offense really well and did what you need to do to keep Jamal Lewis running, which is stretch the defense with big passes to Marcus Robinson.

Judging Wright for his one game against Miami is like saying that Tim Hasselbeck was a quality NFL starting QB because of his one game against Miami. Both were completely different QBs in the rest of their games.

Wright struggled against Miami but that was his first start. The rest of the time he led that offense really well and did what you need to do to keep Jamal Lewis running, which is stretch the defense with big passes to Marcus Robinson.

Judging Wright for his one game against Miami is like saying that Tim Hasselbeck was a quality NFL starting QB because of his one game against Miami. Both were completely different QBs in the rest of their games.

Boller is a better qb that wright though, and boller will start for them next year not Wright. i believe they would have played better with boller in there. but you wanted an example of a rookie qb playing on a good team, and i gave you one.

Hmm....

When have we ever made a huge commitment based on one game. Jay Fiedler?

Actually, the one game judgement is not that uncommon. Brunell was a gamble. Anyone remember Mitchell's one game when he filled in for Marino.

I'm not sure even one year tells you the answer. Who thought Gannon would be so good as he got older.

Funny business this QB evaluation stuff. I think you just make your best guess and pray.

:topic:
One good thing about TO would be that he would tell Wanny when he is doing a bad job coaching

Originally posted by nick19991
:topic:
One good thing about TO would be that he would tell Wanny when he is doing a bad job coaching

I guess TO would be telling Wanny that he is doing a bad job all the time then.

Owens would walk all over Wanny if he came here. He would pretty much do whatever the hell he wants. He has a lot of talent, but he is definitely a cancer in the locker room.

Originally posted by Brad528
I bet last year none of you thought there was anyway we could get Seau or Knight but we did. So before you all start rambling it is impossible think again. Anything is possible in sports. I would have never thought that a team with the highest payroll in baseball could have signed the guy with the highest salary ever but they did it.

that is cus they are allowed to. thats why baseball sucks!

Back
Top Bottom