Is it April Fools already? Miami and T.Owens a Match?? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is it April Fools already? Miami and T.Owens a Match??

yea, i'd hate for it to happen that way....but we need to get rid of Wanny, seriously. The guy has no killer instinct or the balls to really try and get something done. He just sits back n hopes not to lose. sry, had to get off on a rant about something today :D

you guys i really wouldnt mind if TO joined us. The only thing id be afraid of is our boys chambers and mcmichael wont get the ball as much because of TO. If hes wild and crazy then thats great, personally id enjoy seeing a jackass on our team. We need someone like that to pump up the other guys around him. If he doesnt cause problems in the locker room and can handle Ricky getting a good deal of the ball then hell yeah sign him up. Our offense would be so good...with TO alone the defense will have to get way back to cover and Ricky will have a field day while TO, Chambers and Mcmichael are tearing it up deep.

They just mentioned that on ESPNEWS that it is possible that Terrell Owens might play for the Dolphins in 2004 so there is some truth to it anyway. All in all that might be a good move for Spielman that he is trying to get a winning team.

Originally posted by DOLFANMIKE

I heard alot of the same coming from people who said we couldnt get Knight, Seau and Griese.

:tongue:
Difference is, hardly any team were interested in those three unlike TO. TO is an elite at his position, the three mentioned were not when they were either FA's or time of trade.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
Clumped first off I'm not sure that the $1.25 million 2003 bonus you spoke of was guaranteed. In fact I find it very unlikely, because we would have heard about it. Considering his 750k base last year, I find it much more likely that the $1.25 million counted in his one year base salary.

As for the $2 million March bonus, this could be part of the source of confusion as to whether or not the Dolphins are $11 million, $10 million, or $17 million over the salary cap. Simply put if you're going with the $17 million figure then most likely you're counting the $2 million roster bonus on the Phins cap, in which case cutting Fiedler WOULD save somewhere over $3 million. If you're not counting the roster bonus then yeah, cutting Fiedler saves about $1.5 million. The best thing for Miami would not be restructuring Fiedler because that adds to the hit we'll take when we finally do cut him. The best thing for us would be an outright PAY CUT...as in cutting out that roster bonus altogether and lowering his base salary to like $1 million. That would save something like $4 million but I doubt Fiedler goes for it.

As for Owens I agree with the unnamed Miami source...a lot of things would have to fall in place for Owens to come to Miami, but if it happened, it would be a good thing. I don't mind the attitude all that much...usually only comes to be a problem when you're losing. I said this about Larry Fitzgerald and the same goes for Terrell Owens too. If you put T.O. next to Chris Chambers, with McMichael, Ricky, and Rob Konrad...well damn a monkey should be able to pilot that to a top ten offense as long as the OL gets improved.

But thats where Ogunleye comes in. Because we can't lose Todd Wade and somehow replace him with a 3rd round draft pick. Didn't work out so good for us last season. If we lose Todd Wade we would need to somehow parlay Ogunleye into a chance at RT Shawn Andrews so that we could keep good our chances at getting Phil Rivers.

The $2 million bonus is NOT a roster bonus. It's an option bonus to activate 2006.

Back
Top Bottom