Is this the Plan?? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is this the Plan??

So they can trade them.
I'm bitter over the Fitzpatrick trade too, but they burned the bridge by not knowing how to use him. That was the only trade that, to me, didn't make sense. We need to move on. (He just had an I interception to seal the game as I type this).

I think the Fitzpatrick trade is my biggest gripe with this coaching staff. They were to stubborn to realize what they had and ran him out of town. Now he looks to be an All-Pro at the position he was pleading to play at.

Yes I was disappointed when we won today. I could not believe it was even possible, We traded away all the talent we could the rest is on IR. Then we lose our starting rb and probably best wr this past wk. Yet we beat a 5-3 team. This seems to be the ultimate anti-Gase team. The coaching staff seems to have schemes which it is easy to plug players into to win. Yes we have a ton of holes and Burrows and Tua would be great, however as Cleveland saw for ever I would rather have great coaches compared to a few great players. I

And yet the offseason Super Bowl winners (Browns, etc), the solid SB capable teams (Atlanta, etc) have all at times looked worse than the tanking Dolphins. Hm...I think the narrative that was written about this worst talented team in NFL history has hit a snag....

:lol: Yeah, the Phins sure are showing them. Watch out Pats.

I'm bitter over the Fitzpatrick trade too, but they burned the bridge by not knowing how to use him. That was the only trade that, to me, didn't make sense. We need to move on. (He just had an I interception to seal the game as I type this).
Neither of those trades made any sense whatsoever. Kiko was the only one.

IDK now people can be upset with the team winning games. With this roster no less.

I get that we’d all like them to have the best draft picks possible, but many are overlooking some thing here.

The fact that this coaching staff has been able to coach these kids up to be competitive against teams clearly trying to win (Pitt, Buf) and to also get wins against opponents that supposedly have more talent and didn’t roster purge (NYJ, Indy) lends credence to the idea that the organization finally found the right head coach.

That‘s important!

Next, they have discovered several undrafted players and waiver wire pick ups that look like they might be part of the rebuild going forward. It’s sort of like getting free draft picks, except that these players are proving their value on the field via on the job training rather than still being unknowns.

That’s also important!

So while the Dolphins draft position has weakened, it might well be worth it given what they’re gaining. Time will tell.

Besides, not all is lost. If a marquee player or QB is really in this draft, the Dolphins have the draft capital to still find a way to land that player if they believe they can’t live without him. Opportunity is still there.

IDK now people can be upset with the team winning games. With this roster no less.

I get that we’d all like them to have the best draft picks possible, but many are overlooking some thing here.

The fact that this coaching staff has been able to coach these kids up to be competitive against teams clearly trying to win (Pitt, Buf) and to also get wins against opponents that supposedly have more talent and didn’t roster purge (NYJ, Indy) lends credence to the idea that the organization finally found the right head coach.

That‘s important!

Next, they have discovered several undrafted players and waiver wire pick ups that look like they might be part of the rebuild going forward. It’s sort of like getting free draft picks, except that these players are proving their value on the field via on the job training rather than still being unknowns.

That’s also important!

So while the Dolphins draft position has weakened, it might well be worth it given what they’re gaining. Time will tell.

Besides, not all is lost. If a marquee player or QB is really in this draft, the Dolphins have the draft capital to still find a way to land that player if they believe they can’t live without him. Opportunity is still there.

because we have no franchise QB and they will be gone at pick 7...

So you would rather win and then trade 3+ picks for the player you could of had if you just lost another game or two???

I feel like people are trying to pretend we didn’t beat a team being quarterbacked by Brian Hoyer today.

So you really think we try to lose on purpose? We jettisoned everybody to build a new culture, not purposely lose games. The side effects of building a winning culture is that we will start winning games with players that no one expected us to win with.
Yes clearly the front office put this current roster together with the goal of winning.
H
Yes clearly the front office put this current roster together with the goal of winning.

Back
Top Bottom