Is this the Plan?? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is this the Plan??

I think the Fitzpatrick trade is my biggest gripe with this coaching staff. They were to stubborn to realize what they had and ran him out of town. Now he looks to be an All-Pro at the position he was pleading to play at.
But, if the reports are correct, he didn't want to be here. Thus, he became a potential malcontent, and we can't have that screwing up our culture.

I think we are the only two people on this site willing to consider this possibility. I find it ironic, because at this point it is the scenario that makes the most sense. I suggested this when Rosen was first traded for, but the Tua faithful could not even consider it. FWIW, I never liked the Rosen trade, but he was a first rounder, and I felt that would buy him at least a whole season of starting with a decent roster for proper evaluation. It is entirely possible, and becoming quite likely that the Dolphins aren't worrying about the number one pick this year because they already drafted their QB last year in the 2nd round.
Quite possible that's true, and clever if it is true!

Perhaps the Dolphins acquired that many picks solely to ensure that they could move up?
I sure hope not!
I'd rather be RIGHT with the LOWER pick, than WRONG with the higher pick.

You make some Interesting comments, and I understand why you state the FO is tanking. The only statement which I will challenge is your last. I stipulate you can develop some players without tearing up the roster. The Dolphins made the decision to develop many (20 to 30) young players simultaneously. That can only happen if you remove all progress blockers. The goal is to have a pool of effective players that will be with the team for 3 to 4 years. I keep hearing the term score of players, but each person seems to have a different definition for this term. The above is my term.

A score is 20.

I sure hope not!
I'd rather be RIGHT with the LOWER pick, than WRONG with the higher pick.

I agree. Still, the way QB is valued on this site, and Tua in particular, I find the sudden opposition to trading up for him rather ironic.

But, if the reports are correct, he didn't want to be here. Thus, he became a potential malcontent, and we can't have that screwing up our culture.
Yes he didnt want to be here... ONLY Because he kept pleading for them to pick a position for him and they refused. The kept forcing him to play up on the line one week, boundary corner the next, then slot corner. When he knew that he was a FS. Lets force Christian Wilkens to play Cb and see how quickly he says he wants out.

Yes he didnt want to be here... ONLY Because he kept pleading for them to pick a position for him and they refused. The kept forcing him to play up on the line one week, boundary corner the next, then slot corner. When he knew that he was a FS. Lets force Christian Wilkens to play Cb and see how quickly he says he wants out.
If he had succeeded in the role that the coaches had envisioned for him, he would have been considered to be the best DB in the league. They gave him a chance to be an all pro superstar, and he wanted to be something less... something safer... and then he complained enough that his mother got involved.

Not manly.

Drew Brees 32nd overall
A Rod 24th overall
Marino 27th overall
Brady - 199th overall
Russell Wilson 75th overall
Mahomes 10th overall

Sensing a trend here?

Last edited:
So you really think we try to lose on purpose? We jettisoned everybody to build a new culture, not purposely lose games. The side effects of building a winning culture is that we will start winning games with players that no one expected us to win with.

H

No I think the coaches and players are clearly trying to win but the front office did not build this roster with winning in mind. Another attempt at culture change? Winning is how you change culture, no one expected us to win with last years roster so regardless of the roster change it's always going to be unexpected.

I'm thinking you never seen the movie major league or dont comprehend what he's saying. No Ross doesnt want to move the team. In the MOVIE the owner of the Indians wanted to move the team to miami and the only way to do it was make them ****ty. she brought in people that hadnt played in years, people off the street that had never played, and even a potential dead guy. Lose Lose Lose get rid of everyone good...but the team said **** it we are going to win.... that is what he was saying. the front office put together a team that was supposed to lose lose lose for the sake of the top pick, NOT MOVING, and the team and coaches are like **** it, we aint losing

NSFW

Tankers, buckle your seatbelts.

We have the browns, the jets, the giants, and the bengals coming up. They could easily win 2 out of those 4 if not all 4.

I know it's frustrating but calm down. We have the ammo to go get the QB we want. If they are sure on a QB, Grier acquired a farm to sell.

I don't want to give up picks. Who does? But stay calm because we CAN give up those picks because we have them. How many years prior have we actually had a contingency plan? Never.

Take the silver lining with oppened arms- we finally have a legitimate coaching staff or so it seems. If we win 5 games this year, Flores should be considered for coach of the year.

Announcers call out names that leave me asking who the hell is that? And these guys are playing hard, making plays, and haven't quit.

So take a chill pill. Enjoy a margarita. Go get a massage (not at Kraft's place). And have a little faith.

Back
Top Bottom