Is this the Plan?? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is this the Plan??

I feel like people are trying to pretend we didn’t beat a team being quarterbacked by Brian Hoyer today.

Hoyer was freakin awful, that final red zone series man. The play calling too and the ridiculous waste of a time out. Trent Green was spot on with his analysis, those throws to the end zone were dumber than dumb, especially the 3rd down when he should have been focused on making the 4th down try a lot easier rather than throwing into double coverage.

because we have no franchise QB and they will be gone at pick 7...

And before the season began everyone seemed to know that the Dolphins had no team and would finish 0-16.

Perhaps not everything is as it seems. Will the masses ever learn that?

Just for shits and giggles.....maybe they are holding their cards close to the vest. Maybe the reason Rosen isn't seeing the field is because they are following the old style plan of having the QB carry a clipboard for a year. It could be that Rosen is their guy to groom, and pick up a QB they like later in the 1st round...or later. Maybe he is actually showing progress in practice. If they would have been starting Rosen these past few games, with the same results, the entire league would assume they have their QB, and there goes any leverage we would have going into the draft. Silly, I know!

You fail to differentiate what tanking means. No one is saying the coaches and players are trying to lose but clearly the front office did not put winning 1st when it came to this season thus the tankathon. This is not the best roster they could have fielded and if your not fielding the best roster possible than one can only assume winning is not the priority.

Pretty sure it's possible to work on player development and also not tear your roster apart otherwise how do teams like the Pats, Ravens, and Steelers etc consistently earn playoff spots.

You make some Interesting comments, and I understand why you state the FO is tanking. The only statement which I will challenge is your last. I stipulate you can develop some players without tearing up the roster. The Dolphins made the decision to develop many (20 to 30) young players simultaneously. That can only happen if you remove all progress blockers. The goal is to have a pool of effective players that will be with the team for 3 to 4 years. I keep hearing the term score of players, but each person seems to have a different definition for this term. The above is my term.

This season is pretty much the football version of the movie Major League. The owner created a roster designed to lose (so she could move the team to Miami :) ) But the coach and the players said F@#$ that and came together to be a decent team even thought their best players were jettisoned and they brought in a bunch of no names

No, it is not. Ross does not want to move the team. Ross grudgingly accepted we needed to lose to build a consistent winning team. Poor analog.

I think the Fitzpatrick trade is my biggest gripe with this coaching staff. They were to stubborn to realize what they had and ran him out of town. Now he looks to be an All-Pro at the position he was pleading to play at.

Your observation has merit, and I have no information to disprove it. I will point out that Flores likes players that can play multiple position. Perhaps Minkah would not have fit here even if he played the safety position exclusively. I do know that the team is playing like a team now that there are no constant complainers left on the team. I cannot prove cause and effect, but it is an interesting observation.

The threads are going to be so much fun today...I love it!

Multi year. And yes some are going to entertain that this year for that Redskins pick.
Perhaps the Dolphins acquired that many picks solely to ensure that they could move up?

As I said, Miami was never about tanking in the 1st place, but their talent will also not allow them to get many wins, so they will still pick high...high enough to get one of the top QBs, so just let the season happen.

Something that should put smiles on peoples faces, with little talent, Miami is competing, how will they look when they have premium talent from a huge cap, and rediculous amount of draft picks.

Clearly the BEST answer.
Sit back take it for what it is and hope they can find the resources to build on.

Seems like we may have finally found a coaching staff worth a damn!

Very well said.

I agree with Fitzpatrick and wonder wtf really happened there. Wish we could have kept him. I don't see him as the type to quit/whine as was reported and doubt we'll ever know the truth.

I think with Tunsil/Stills we were just offered too much. I think 90%+ of the GM's in the NFL would make that trade. Tunsil hasn't had a flawless couple years either, he missed a game or two for "slipping in the shower" and I believe has also missed time for the Texans already. Getting offered two first round picks and a 2nd for him and Stills was too good of a deal to pass up.
And another thing..........I NEVER saw Tunsil as an elite talent. He may have been the best we had, but that wasn't saying a lot!

Just for ****s and giggles.....maybe they are holding their cards close to the vest. Maybe the reason Rosen isn't seeing the field is because they are following the old style plan of having the QB carry a clipboard for a year. It could be that Rosen is their guy to groom, and pick up a QB they like later in the 1st round...or later. Maybe he is actually showing progress in practice. If they would have been starting Rosen these past few games, with the same results, the entire league would assume they have their QB, and there goes any leverage we would have going into the draft. Silly, I know!

I think we are the only two people on this site willing to consider this possibility. I find it ironic, because at this point it is the scenario that makes the most sense. I suggested this when Rosen was first traded for, but the Tua faithful could not even consider it. FWIW, I never liked the Rosen trade, but he was a first rounder, and I felt that would buy him at least a whole season of starting with a decent roster for proper evaluation. It is entirely possible, and becoming quite likely that the Dolphins aren't worrying about the number one pick this year because they already drafted their QB last year in the 2nd round.

No, it is not. Ross does not want to move the team. Ross grudgingly accepted we needed to lose to build a consistent winning team. Poor analog.

I'm thinking you never seen the movie major league or dont comprehend what he's saying. No Ross doesnt want to move the team. In the MOVIE the owner of the Indians wanted to move the team to miami and the only way to do it was make them shitty. she brought in people that hadnt played in years, people off the street that had never played, and even a potential dead guy. Lose Lose Lose get rid of everyone good...but the team said **** it we are going to win.... that is what he was saying. the front office put together a team that was supposed to lose lose lose for the sake of the top pick, NOT MOVING, and the team and coaches are like **** it, we aint losing

Back
Top Bottom