Is Tua a Franchise Quarterback (video) per Billy Stephens | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Tua a Franchise Quarterback (video) per Billy Stephens

Every criticism this guy had was legit. The good news is, Tua is an extremely hard worker. I'm sure Tua has watched every play from last year 100s of times. The oline will be better. The WRs are undoubtedly better.

He is set up to succeed.

Frankly Grant needs to go, he lost all trust last year from an offensive weapon stand point.

Pretty good experience for a rookie, I'm glad they played him. I think he did as good as could be expected all things (and that's a lot) considered. I am glad he's a Dolphin.

Frankly Grant needs to go, he lost all trust last year from an offensive weapon stand point.
I can see Grant being effective in short dump off passes and screens, he's more serviceable here.
What I don't see is him running long routes, he absolutely is useless here and last season there were many times that Tua tried to connect with him on a long pass and it ended with failure.

Why are we always looking for confirmation from other sources about our players?

If you need confirmation obviously you're not seeing the proof.

Responding to the video at the end - no I don’t want an improvisational QB he said it himself Tua strength is getting the ball out from the pocket but he doesn’t trust his Oline so he speed up his process

Fix issues with the Oline allows Tua to focus on His strengths you get paid because of your strengths not your weaknesses

let the league move towards improvisational QBs Tua isn’t geared that way

Responding to the video at the end - no I don’t want an improvisational QB he said it himself Tua strength is getting the ball out from the pocket but he doesn’t trust his Oline so he speed up his process

Fix issues with the Oline allows Tua to focus on His strengths you get paid because of your strengths not your weaknesses

let the league move towards improvisational QBs Tua isn’t geared that way
I think you are misunderstanding the point he was making. I prefer a primarily pocket passing QB as well, but improvisational skills still apply and are very important to take the leap to franchise QB play. The point on the example isn’t so much the poor completion percentage outside the pocket, as it is being able to take advantage of blown coverage outside of the original play call. When plays break down, a franchise QB will often find that unplanned for guy who gets open and make the defense pay. While it would be nice for Tua to get better outside the pocket, I think you do have to take the hip into consideration from last year, but he will need to get better at the chaos play.

I think you are misunderstanding the point he was making. I prefer a primarily pocket passing QB as well, but improvisational skills still apply and are very important to take the leap to franchise QB play. The point on the example isn’t so much the poor completion percentage outside the pocket, as it is being able to take advantage of blown coverage outside of the original play call. When plays break down, a franchise QB will often find that unplanned for guy who gets open and make the defense pay. While it would be nice for Tua to get better outside the pocket, I think you do have to take the hip into consideration from last year, but he will need to get better at the chaos play.
I didn’t say he shouldn’t improvise - I said stick with your strengths - my word

But many of his throws were under stress as he extended those plays. Also those open receivers still needed the football to be thrown accurately or in stride
You mean like this

opps that’s another bama QB….

Back
Top Bottom