Is Will Poole gunna be 100%? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Will Poole gunna be 100%?

In my opinion he should be good to go on opening day vs. the Steelers. If he doesn't start he'll still be on the field plenty as a nickle etc. With the new additions we're not weak in the secondary anymore. The guys we lost have been replaced. Madison wasn't the same player he was earlier in his career when he was an interception machine so Will Allen or Poole will be able to step in and do the job. Surtain is one of the best corners in Football so you can't really replace him with equal talent but in the scheme we're playing we will be just fine. Many interesting training camp battles. It will be very interesting to see who's out there vs. Pitt. Mucho talent in the defensive backfield and we haven't even had the draft yet. Nick and Randy and one awesome duo. It's going to be fun for a change. We had to live through the Wannstedt era, we deserve it!

An article out of a sports magazine I read at the gym talked about injuries of certain players on all the teams:it stated Will Poole and Shirdonya Mitchell will both be at full speed come training camp.It said Saban is expecting big things out of Poole and is very high on Mitchell.

I'll say here again that I expect Allen and Poole to "start". I think it likely Goodman will be the nickel corner.

Jimmy James said:
I'll say here again that I expect Allen and Poole to "start". I think it likely Goodman will be the nickel corner.

That sounds about right.

icephinfan said:
That sounds about right.

There seems to be this expectation on the part of many that Allen and Daniels will be starting with Poole relegated to nickel. I don't think that's realistic because Poole was much better than Daniels before he got hurt and because Goodman appears to have been brought in to be the nickel guy.

Jimmy James said:
There seems to be this expectation on the part of many that Allen and Daniels will be starting with Poole relegated to nickel. I don't think that's realistic because Poole was much better than Daniels before he got hurt and because Goodman appears to have been brought in to be the nickel guy.

Yeah that's right, Poole was to replace Surtain. I wonder, don't crucify me, but I just wonder if Daniels will move to safety, he played Safety at LSU as well as CB right???

icephinfan said:
Yeah that's right, Poole was to replace Surtain. I wonder, don't crucify me, but I just wonder if Daniels will move to safety, he played Safety at LSU as well as CB right???

Hey, I assure you I won't crucify you. I've made precisely that statement many times here. I think it's possible he may move if he'd get more PT at S than at CB.

Jimmy James said:
Hey, I assure you I won't crucify you. I've made precisely that statement many times here. I think it's possible he may move if he'd get more PT at S than at CB.

I think with losing Schulters"I'm Mad at that:fire: " Daniels could be a good FS,
he is fast, he knows the system, why not?

icephinfan said:
I think with losing Schulters"I'm Mad at that:fire: " Daniels could be a good FS,
he is fast, he knows the system, why not?

It is important to note that we don't have a FS per se -- Nick plays two safeties and varies their assignments to be less predictable. He'd have to be able to act more like a SS at least at times.

Jimmy James said:
It is important to note that we don't have a FS per se -- Nick plays two safeties and varies their assignments to be less predictable. He'd have to be able to act more like a SS at least at times.

Yeah that's true, what do you think the secondary will look like opening day?

icephinfan said:

When Saban drafted him many people speculated that he would be a safety/ nickel back. Madison and Poole were to be the starters.
The injury to Poole in mini camp threw that plan out the window.

MiamiMan147 said:
It takes about 2 years to completely get over an ACL tear, so no, he wont be 100%. He might be around 90% and able to contribute.

2 years? hmmm i don't think so...otherwise neither Daunte or Carson Palmer would play this year...

Jimmy James said:

what about deke cooper? we didn't bring him to play corner...

DaunteFin said:
what about deke cooper? we didn't bring him to play corner...

Cooper will play SS, we still need a FS ALA Schulters, but since that isn't happening then we are still open at that spot!

icephinfan said:
Yeah that's true, what do you think the secondary will look like opening day?

i think the cb's will most likely be daniels and hill/goodman battle for second cb position, fs cooper and bell at ss....it will be something like that though

Back
Top Bottom