Is Will Poole gunna be 100%? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Will Poole gunna be 100%?

jlfin said:
When Saban drafted him many people speculated that he would be a safety/ nickel back. Madison and Poole were to be the starters.
The injury to Poole in mini camp threw that plan out the window.

Except that Daniels was drafted as a CB and was stated he was going to play CB before Poole's injury (he was expected to compete for the nickel originally). There has not been even a hint of him playing safety and Saban has said that CB is Daniels natural position. The safety stuff has been pure speculation based on the fact he played it some due to injury in college and the media speculated it some.

While I hope Poole comes back strong lets not forget that he's not a draft pick of the current adminstration and coming off injury. He will literally have to go in there and clearly beat out the players that Saban has brought in. At this point we don't know if Poole can play Saban's style of defense. Saban might come to the conclusion that he's of the same style of the 2 guys he just shoved out the door in Madison/Surtain.

Right now I believe Goodman and Poole are going to start out by battling for the nickel and it's Daniels (or god forbid Allen which has me shivering with Howard memories) job to lose as a starter.

ronniethetruck said:
will allen start? i dont think so buddy.
What??

Will Allen will play Madisons old position and is our #1CB

I'm sure he will be 100% since he has had so long to recover. If healthy I think he is our most talented corner that really looked alot like surtain before he got injured. His brief play as a rookie was as good as any rookie defensiveback I have seen play for dolphins.

ronniethetruck said:
bcuz will poole is gunna take his start position during training camp.
:stupid:

so your saying Mueller&Saban spent all that money on WillAllen just so he can be our 3rd CB on the depth chart??

The report of Poole being nearly ready now is encouraging.

We have four guys who have started in the league, Allen, Poole, Goodman, and Daniels. Join that to two others with lots of potential, Mitchell and Jackson, and you have the makings of one of the finest, if not the finest camp battle this summer. And that's before someone might get added in the draft!

ronniethetruck said:
we need a backup in case poole dosnt get 100 percent :]

He was quoted in the paper today saying he was 95%. 95% in April. I'll take it. He should be 100% by training camp.

I will be shocked is Poole isnt starting. He is worlds more physically talented than Daniels. Daniels did well last year for his pay and draft position, but he will never be the shut-down corner that Poole has the potential to be

Well if he's 95% now, he'll definitely be 100% by training camp. Should be interesting to see what the starting secondary looks like Week 1.

Back
Top Bottom