Isaac Asiata Activated From Ps | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Isaac Asiata Activated From Ps

Awsi is also a Jets fan, he said it on multiple occasions on this board.

OK then. Loses all credibility. When I hear about people having two teams with at least semi good reasons like I used to live, my father was, different conference, etc. about 5% of me can understand it but division rivals? Hell no.

Nice of you to leave out the part where he has already made his decision on whether or not Asiata is any help to us. He gave a detailed post on why he feels that way. You choose to drudge up the last part without any context of previous posts.

I understand his post. But I did get past 3rd grade.

Nah.

While I understand the argument that a guard that plays well at the very end of the season is playing against beat up d-linemen might be over-performing compared to when d-linemen early in the season there is still more than a third of the season left. If Asiata played really well at this point, I think we could expect him to be decent in the middle third of the season when theoretically the d line is a bit nicked up and maybe poorly the first third of the season. The sum of that would be better than our average guard play the last decade. BUT I find this all highly over-analytical to make it a sweeping assumption. I would assume it holds generally true, and a smart coach would keep the idea in the back of their head as they judge the player. And it's all gonna been moot if Asiata doesn't see the field as is likely with Brendel starting. One thing i would agree with Awsi on is lets pay attention to guard in the off-season. I doubt how Asiata plays would be a huge factor in that. He will still have PS eligibility and he absolutely wont play any better than to be considered a rotational possibility. IE, they wont COUNT on him.

"I hope he flops" is a straightforward statement. They are his words, and he chose them. Everyone who can read at a third grade level can understand exactly what he said with essentially no ambiguity.

I understand that some people are not good with words, but nonetheless, the post in question was straightforward and simple enough that I think we can all agree: We do not need someone to step in and translate it for our benefit.

Not that I care enough to defend him after that idiotic ESPN post, but there was context after 'I hope he flops'. But I'm just beholden to lies and fear so what the **** do I know? Those drive by posts do get a little old.

Last edited:
I'm glad you put fans in quotation marks, because they're really not.
This sounds silly. Anyone critical of Tannehill isn't a fan of the team. I came on board with Marino, meaning, I followed this team before Tannehill was born. All that to say that the "team" was here before Tannehill was born and it will be here when he's gone.

You should get out of your feelings with this guy. Realize that he's had a safety blanket that not many QB's on WINNING ORGANIZATIONS will ever have and his time here is over...next man up.

This sounds silly. Anyone critical of Tannehill isn't a fan of the team. I came on board with Marino, meaning, I followed this team before Tannehill was born. All that to say that the "team" was here before Tannehill was born and it will be here when he's gone.

You should get out of your feelings with this guy. Realize that he's had a safety blanket that not many QB's on WINNING ORGANIZATIONS will ever have and his time here is over...next man up.
Learn to read.

Nobody was talking about people who are critical of Ryan Tannehill. I'm critical of Ryan Tannehill.

He specifically said there are "fans"out there who look for Tannehill to fail every time he goes out there and plays.

That's who I was referring to

Hopefully, he's improved and he can make the most of the opportunity and solidify a starting Guard spot for the next 5-6 years.
I'm just hoping he can solidify it for the next game.....here's to wishing him the best of luck.

Did Asiata get into the game yesterday?

I believe he was #77 (iirc) and he allowed at DT to run right past him. It was ugly and still confuses me because I thought the big selling point for Asiata was supposedly he has/had great feet?

I believe he was #77 (iirc) and he allowed at DT to run right past him. It was ugly and still confuses me because I thought the big selling point for Asiata was supposedly he has/had great feet?
No.

Big, powerful, good in the run game.

Slow feet. Bad in pass pro.

No.

Big, powerful, good in the run game.

Slow feet. Bad in pass pro.

You sure? I'm almost positive I've read and heard glowing reviews about his quickness to pull and run other type stunts out of college.
Clearly, he's not very good at that stuff in the pros and practically is useless as a starting and backup linemen.

I don't know why but almost all of our backups linemen look like they have never played FB in the entire lives.

You sure? I'm almost positive I've read and heard glowing reviews about his quickness to pull and run other type stunts out of college.
Clearly, he's not very good at that stuff in the pros and practically is useless as a starting and backup linemen.

I don't know why but almost all of our backups linemen look like they have never played FB in the entire lives.

He's sure. Asiata is a plodder. Bad feet.

sound like someone needs a dipper change. Get the **** out of here with this safety blanket BS

Back
Top Bottom