It Ain't Lookin Good..... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

It Ain't Lookin Good.....

The longer he goes unsigned, the harder it gets for him to be a starter anywhere. If I am wanny and want him to sign, I say sure the competition is open for the starting quarterback. Even if he is totally commited to Feidler, if just saying that gets him in camp then just say it. Griese would never know, after he sigs just say oh ell, Feidler otplayed you.

I know it isn't the most honest thing to do, but then again, he and his agent are lying to the Dolphins as well. It is called negotiating.

Originally posted by Palerider
Dude does anyone even live in Buffalo????? Go away man, isn't their a Jet board you can go on?????

Yeah I live in Buffalo and so do the best football fans in the country. And no I cant go on a Jet board because its funner to annoy you :clap:

I hope this guy is wrong and DCH is right. Let this get done. Mandich is right "Griese is pissing me off"

Originally posted by Jeep

I have seen this coming since way back when.. what proffesional athlete in his right mind would be content being a back-up and not a starter..

Greise believes he can win the job from Jay, his agent believes he can also.. So why is it so difficult to open up competition for the starting QB job?

If Brian is better.. then let him start.. if Jay is better.. then so be it.. who knows.. even Sage might sneak in there and steal the job from both of them..

But for Dave to be soooo damnnn stubborn and say no way to open competition is redicules.. utterly stupid..

Once again.. if I was Greise and there really is interest by two other teams.. I would point my middle finger at Wanny and go play elsewhere for less money..

This ego chit as displayed by Wanny and the head office is NOT in the best interest of the team and therefore, should be seriously taken into consideration after this season..

I actually have to agree.
At first I was mad at this Cindrich guy but come on now, if he actually came in mid season for Jay, and led them to the playoffs and a super bowl why should'nt he get extra incentives for that level of play. I mean if they really are so behind Jay and KNOW that Griese won't play then why the hell do the incentives matter????????? :huh:

So what the hell is really the deal? :sceptic:

Originally posted by BuffalosBoy

Yeah I live in Buffalo and so do the best football fans in the country. And no I cant go on a Jet board because its funner to annoy you :clap:

If you are only here to annoy, you won't be very long. Keep the smack in the appropriate forum.

I have seen this coming since way back when.. what proffesional athlete in his right mind would be content being a back-up and not a starter..

Greise believes he can win the job from Jay, his agent believes he can also.. So why is it so difficult to open up competition for the starting QB job?

If Brian is better.. then let him start.. if Jay is better.. then so be it.. who knows.. even Sage might sneak in there and steal the job from both of them..

But for Dave to be soooo damnnn stubborn and say no way to open competition is redicules.. utterly stupid..

Once again.. if I was Greise and there really is interest by two other teams.. I would point my middle finger at Wanny and go play elsewhere for less money..

This ego chit as displayed by Wanny and the head office is NOT in the best interest of the team and therefore, should be seriously taken into consideration after this season..

OK the team likes Jay. They are confortable with Jay. They are all behind Jay right now. Why would you Open up a big distraction for the whole team. You can't pull Jay out of that spot. He has earned it. It is his to lose!! you can't call it any other way!! To me standing behind your players is not stupid. But that is just my opinion.

I'm at the point to say bring O'donnel or Smith. What is Griese the second comming of Marino?

C'mon he got fired for being a average QB with a crappy attitude!

Good riddance.

Jeep I don't want Griese as our starting QB period. He is immature, hasn't won anything, and I don't blame Wanny on this one..Jay is the starter..Brian's too unpredictable..He can't beat Jay out..He don't have enough time to learn the O like Jay..He makes too many mental mistakes on the field..he's not focus..He's fire from Denver for a reason, a lot of teams that can definetly use a qb aren't viving for his service..should I go on..Brian is not a leader and therefore not right for starting on this team this year, maybe next..or if Jay gets hurt..but not the leader for this team..and I've seen enough in Denver to know..notice you don't see them crying..that should tell you something..look at more than the name..look at the qb, he's lost more games than Jay, stays hurt as much or more than Jay, not a team player..doesn't inspired any of his teammates to want to play hard for him..no..not a starter, but should provide good spot relief if needed..Keep him in a jar, and break only in emergency. PERIOD

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the big issue is also having Griese their to push Jay. It may make Jay play better. Jay's pretty comfortable knowing he's been the starting QB, maybe Griese, Smith or even O'Donnell could put a little fear in him.

this source on espn saying this is about playing time only is bs. it's about the incentives IF he has to play. cindrich claims that there are 2 other teams interested and that's bs, because if other teams were interested it would be in the press by now.

the one thing cindrich will learn and learn soon is miami FO will call your bluff ......

You just answered your own question. Like you said, every professional athlete is not content to be a backup. And just about all of them think they can start. So why not open up a competition between all of them?? I think you need to sit back and remember one thing. Everybody wanted an open competition last year between Lucas and Fiedler. Wanny reiterated that Jay was the starter. Everybody was pissed. Then Ray comes in and stinks it up to the tune of 0-4.

Sure, everyone who was wrong admitted so. But did anyone admit that WANNY was RIGHT?? Could it be possible that Wanny is right again?? Is it possible that he knows more about Griese and Fiedler than the average fan?? I think the man deserves a little credit.

I'm sorry, but you don't go bringing in a guy who just got fired....a guy who's been run out of town in favor of another loser.....a guy who you believe (and this is just hypothetical) to be inferior to the guy you already have starting......a guy who has a lot to prove after alienating his teammates and getting out of hand off the field........and let him challenge your starter......a guy who's done everything asked of him and has been embraced by his teammates. Not publicly. Not unless you want to lose the locker room. Not when he's already accepted the backup role. And not to the tune of $1.7 ~ $2 million.

As you may or may not have heard, Jay has a lot of respect from guys like McKnight and Chambers. Jay is the leader. And the last thing this team wants is a QB controversy. They feel Jay has earned the right to start. It would be a slap in the face if they just publicly let Griese waltz in off the street and go after the job.

You can bet that Jay will be under the gun this year, with or without Griese. This is make or break time. If Griese is the better man, justice will be served.

Originally posted by Palerider
Exactly! I totally agree Jeep. They are so committed to Jay that they would tell Brett Favre that he would be Fielder's backup. Don't get me wrong I think Jay's capable but c'mon man.....enough.

You don't honestly believe that, do you??

Back
Top Bottom