It Ain't Lookin Good..... | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

It Ain't Lookin Good.....

i hate this incentive issue, why should Griese get paid as a starter if he replaces Jay due to injury? Name me another backup that gets that? sure there are some incentives and perks added, but not 3 or 4 mil more. Backup contrcts are just that pay the backup to play and win if the starter is hurt.

I don't think it is just his agent. Griese is part of this process...his agent represents him.

Generally, I think Griese is disrespected around the league for obvious reasons. The team he left didn't like him. He is a drunk and hasn't really accomplished that much except go to the pro bowl.

To take someone in like that who was just fired and put him in the running for your starting QB position is ridiculous and would shorten your coaching career quickly.

As some have mentioned already, the locker room stand behind Jay Fiedler. Fiedler can lead. Now give yourself a sec to truly digest this because more than a few people truly don't understand what that means.

Brian has not proven himself a leader...he is a slacker more than anything. It doesn't even seem like football is his passion. So, for those players who are passionate about the sport, how do you think they feel about someone coming in with a laissez faire attitude and getting a chance to compete for the top leadership position?

We need leaders on this team to take us over the December hump more than we need a backup QB. Greise is a negative when it comes to leadership traits. You can't allow someone like that to compete for the top position...period.

rgds!

Originally posted by Superself
I don't think it is just his agent. Griese is part of this process...his agent represents him.

Generally, I think Griese is disrespected around the league for obvious reasons. The team he left didn't like him. He is a drunk and hasn't really accomplished that much except go to the pro bowl.

To take someone in like that who was just fired and put him in the running for your starting QB position is ridiculous and would shorten your coaching career quickly.

As some have mentioned already, the locker room stand behind Jay Fiedler. Fiedler can lead. Now give yourself a sec to truly digest this because more than a few people truly don't understand what that means.

Brian has not proven himself a leader...he is a slacker more than anything. It doesn't even seem like football is his passion. So, for those players who are passionate about the sport, how do you think they feel about someone coming in with a laissez faire attitude and getting a chance to compete for the top leadership position?

We need leaders on this team to take us over the December hump more than we need a backup QB. Greise is a negative when it comes to leadership traits. You can't allow someone like that to compete for the top position...period.

rgds!

Excellent Excellent Post.

He won't get more from the Cards. Bank on it. They signed Jeff Blake to pretty good money. And they want Josh McCown to come along and get some experience. I don't see them entertaining Griese too much.

Griese is a spoiled brat and learned nothing from getting fired from Denver. I don't want the guy and I'll take my chances on someone else! Screw Griese!

Steve

Originally posted by Muck
He won't get more from the Cards. Bank on it. They signed Jeff Blake to pretty good money. And they want Josh McCown to come along and get some experience. I don't see them entertaining Griese too much.

And do you know that Cindrich represents Blake too? I don't think the Cards are interested. If teams were interested in Griese they would have jumped on him the moment he got released. Look at what happened the first day of free agency when Kordell, Plummer became available;they weren't on the market long........

If Griese had been released in March, he'd have gotten more play around the league. But it being June, with FA and the draft already playing out, there isn't much demand for him. Everyone has pretty much covered themselves already.

MAYBE BIG TUNA HAS A POINT

BY NOT WANTING INVOLVEMENT WITH BG, OR HE IS BLUFFING, AND DALLAS COULD BE A SUITOR FOR BG. JUST MAYBE.
I WOULD RATHER SEE SMITH AS A REPLACEMENT THAN O'DONNELL. MORE UPSIDE TO THAT OPTION. MAYBE AKILI COULD EXPLODE IN MIAMI.MAYBE.:surf:

Re: MAYBE BIG TUNA HAS A POINT

Originally posted by JAKE91
BY NOT WANTING INVOLVEMENT WITH BG, OR HE IS BLUFFING, AND DALLAS COULD BE A SUITOR FOR BG. JUST MAYBE.
I WOULD RATHER SEE SMITH AS A REPLACEMENT THAN O'DONNELL. MORE UPSIDE TO THAT OPTION. MAYBE AKILI COULD EXPLODE IN MIAMI.MAYBE.:surf:

Admitedly, the incentives levels Cindrich wants are rediculous now that I've seen the amount he wants. It's very rediculous.

Besides that though, I have to point out all the Griese naysayers out there have always pointed out Griese's stats to show what a mediocre QB he is. (Never mind the fact that they are very similar to Jay's). So now, with the Griese controversy in full swing, all the Griese naysayers are calling for Akili Smith. AKILI SMITH! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Are you serious?
The same people that didn't want to rely on Griese if Jay went down now want Akili Smith.
Here is a guy who could'nt even win a starting job in CINCINATTI no less. A guy who has NEVER had a good season at all and hasn't shown any talent for playing at a pro level.
:nono:

Hey why don't we just invite Ryan Leaf to camp while were at it?

I know the options are thin but the only other option I see that is decent would be signing O'donnel and that dosen't excite me either. Akili Smith would be a joke IMO.

Akili has a lot of talent, he just played on a god-awful football team....

he fits the michael vick type....athletic and fast mobile QB....unfortunately, if he does have skills that remotely resemble vick, they havent been shown, maybe he'll go somewhere else and turn out like Willie Beamon from Any Given Sunday lol....

Re: Re: MAYBE BIG TUNA HAS A POINT

Originally posted by Trekbiz

Admitedly, the incentives levels Cindrich wants are rediculous now that I've seen the amount he wants. It's very rediculous.

Besides that though, I have to point out all the Griese naysayers out there have always pointed out Griese's stats to show what a mediocre QB he is. (Never mind the fact that they are very similar to Jay's). So now, with the Griese controversy in full swing, all the Griese naysayers are calling for Akili Smith. AKILI SMITH! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Are you serious?
The same people that didn't want to rely on Griese if Jay went down now want Akili Smith.
Here is a guy who could'nt even win a starting job in CINCINATTI no less. A guy who has NEVER had a good season at all and hasn't shown any talent for playing at a pro level.
:nono:

Hey why don't we just invite Ryan Leaf to camp while were at it?

I know the options are thin but the only other option I see that is decent would be signing O'donnel and that dosen't excite me either. Akili Smith would be a joke IMO.

I wouldn't mind Akili Smith because he is very talented but need some direction.I'll like Akili as the emergency QB not backup and working under Norv could turn Akili Smith around.

Originally posted by Muck

Problem is, he ain't gonna start ANYWHERE. At least not going in. So he either takes this "garbage" (which has a base salary of over $1 million) or he accepts a crappy one year deal somewhere else. Again, it's a buyer's market. And he ain't got any leverage.

That is exactly correct. He has no chance of starting this year.

I think Griese will have starting opportunities because Fiedler has been injured in all of his seasons with the Fins. He's injury prone. I just hope Griese's agent doesn't get too greedy. Heck, I know there will be a lot of people who'll raise up money for cheap-ass Wayne to sign Griese.
I don't care what good things people say about Akili Smith: Jon Kitna played decently with the same sorry Bengals. Neil O'Donnell might be an alternative.

Originally posted by philyphin
I think we should throw Griese to Cards and Bring in Akili Smith he was a first round pick a couple of years ago, and maybe a change of scenery (winning team) would help him out, not to mention learning behind Jay.

i'm all for this. akili knows this is probably his last shot, and seems intent on proving himself. he got a raw deal on a bad football team, and would likely NOT hold out. he seems bitter about being given a year and a half shot and then benched...this guy, IMO, has a much bigger upside than does primadonna(sp?) griese

Back
Top Bottom