It Ain't Lookin Good..... | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

It Ain't Lookin Good.....

I'm not sure why Spielman would change his approach for Griese, from what he took with the other FA's. They pretty much took their time with all the Fa's except maybe zgonina cuz no one really saw that one coming as they were reportedly waiting on the Haley situation. Everyone was getting kinda ancey around here before Seau finally signed so patience is the key. Like others have already stated no one else would give him a starting position outright, and it is a buyer's market. The only way I'll be terribley upset is if ODonnell is signed instead cuz i think the guy is completely washed up. Theres a few options out there so no big worries, and we still got Sage who has plenty of potential.

Originally posted by relive1972
Marc Bulger just signed a 1 year deal to backup Warner again for around $350,000. I'd take him over Griese anyday.

Boy you said it.

Still, it's not like he has any choice. He's pretty much stuck. But he's gotten a pretty raw deal this offseason and hasn't made a wimper. He could have held out, complained, demanded a trade, run his mouth to the press about how Martz went back on his word. He probably could have gotten that trade. But he didn't. He just signed his tender and went back to work. He's determined to prove his worth on the field.

Bulger has shown that he WILL be a solid starter when he gets his chance again. Griese, on the other hand, has got to prove that he's still got it. That he's still motiveated to play football. Still, he's going to get more than what he should in Miami. Rick knows that you've got to overpay a little bit here. Sometimes you just have to. But he ain't gonna cave on these incentives.

Originally posted by BuffalosBoy

Yeah I live in Buffalo and so do the best football fans in the country. And no I cant go on a Jet board because its funner to annoy you :clap:

Buffalo sucks buffalo Nut Nothing better than going to the superbowl 4 consecutive times and losing. Dont get me wrong they have some good players but they still Suck look to go 4-12 this season.
And while your at it why dont you go to a bills forum(If there is one) :lol:

Is Jeff George still lurking about? I shur hope not....Sage is cool with me...not shur i would sleep well knowing ODonnell was are back up...One things for shur , Rick aint gonna let nobody bust are balls contract wise.

Bills go 4-12? That's an ignorant statement

well you had ignorant posts on your own, so just relax, concerning griese, this is already a distraction i think, if he is not signed by the end of the week, we have to move on and look for someone else

Am I the only person in the world that thinks Sage might be ready for the backup spot. I thought that was the point behind not sending him to Europe. I'm tired of this. Let tripping dogs lie. Of course if they get the deal done in the next day or so, I will be happy. But if we don't sign Griese, that does not end our season.

As you can see. I posted the above before getting to this page. Bills fans sure are getting defensive. Usually they are offensive.

Originally posted by clumpedplatelet
Bills go 4-12? That's an ignorant statement

Personally, I think the Bills will end up somewhere in the 7-9 to 9-7 range.

Although, I would be very concerned about an injury to Bledsoe if I were a Bills fan. More so, than most teams. Their porous line surrendered 54 sacks last year and Bledsoe is an aging QB who suffered serious injury before.

I think that 4-12, while unlikely, is more likely than 12-4.

Originally posted by Jeep

Yes I am blaming Wanny.. whats it to you??

I never said guarantee Greise the starting role.. I just said open the competition up..

The QB that A) knows the system the best B) has the best chemistry with the receivers C) has the more accurate arm D) moves the team down the field should become the starting QB..

If thats Jay.. then wonderful..

But to stand there and say "Jay is the man" before training camp even starts... well thats a sure sign of ignorance and stupidity..

Its a clear message to all the rooks out there to come into training camp, bust your ass but dont plan on playing because this year, the team is reserved for the veterans from last year..

Let me ask you this question.. if Donald Lee comes in and plays better than Greenwood, shouldnt he start at LB? or if T-buck or Knight comes in and plays better than Fletcher.. shouldn't they have the right to take his starting posistion??

Once again.. to go out in public and make statements indirectly to Greise that no matter how good he looks, he wont be the starter is simply moronic.. and I cant believe anyone would stand behind a coach that takes that posistion..

Greasy has no chance to win the starting job this year no matter what he does, open those eyes. He doesnt have enough time to learn an iota about the system compared to what feidler knows. Maybe next year, but if you think he is coming in and going to actually be true competition your on crack. If it was a Favre or someone of that caliber then yes, cause even with a basic knowledge they can perform. What makes your think Griese is of that caliber, lord knows hes proved the exact opposite.

If you think Donald Lee can come in and beat out Greenwood that would be pretty interesting since Lee is a friggin TE:eek: . I also dont think Knight is going to be taking fletchers position anytime soon since safetys dont tend to play nickel back unless your the patsies.

I feel stupider for just reading that post

Originally posted by zonk39
I'm at the point to say bring O'donnel or Smith. What is Griese the second comming of Marino?

C'mon he got fired for being a average QB with a crappy attitude!

...surrounded by one of the best offenses in football :yell:

Originally posted by zonk39
I'm at the point to say bring O'donnel or Smith. What is Griese the second comming of Marino?

C'mon he got fired for being a average QB with a crappy attitude!

Good riddance.

I agree. Everyone is so pissed at Lucas...it makes Greasy look 25% better than he is. Yea he's got skills and tools, but if that was all it took Ryan Leaf would've been MVP last year...

We're looking for a backup QB that can play a few games and handoff to Ricky without tossing 5ints/5fumb or his lunch. If we lose Jay for (god forbid) a year or a couple of months then we're screwed anyway.

Signing Greasy is a nice PR move and adds a dose of nostalgia for the older fans. It will sell some more tix even if he doesn't get on the field, but it won't be like someone crapped in my cheerios if we don't get him.:lol:

I not an O'Donnell or Smith fan, but they're will also be some other guys floating around after camps get going...he may be better than all of those guys but our team will compete for a division/conference title with or without him.

Griese is used to being a starter and making money, we are offering around 1 million to be a backup, if he goes to Arizona he will probably get alot more money and alot better chance of being a starter, if I was Griese I would go to Arizona and try to show up the guy who replaced me, or he can come to Miami and at best have fans chanting his name whenever Fielder doesn't throw a perfect pass....

I think we should throw Griese to Cards and Bring in Akili Smith he was a first round pick a couple of years ago, and maybe a change of scenery (winning team) would help him out, not to mention learning behind Jay.

Back
Top Bottom