It’s all up to Tua! | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

It’s all up to Tua!

He brought the team back no? If the defense had gotten a stop, we would have had a chance to tie the game no?

No.

The Chiefs were up by 2 scores with 17 seconds left.

Would have needed an onside kick and then would need to drive the entire field in only 15 seconds.

The only reason it wasn’t a 20+ point loss is because KC had 4 turnovers. Defense was the reason.

I don't know, I saw Tom Brady dominate this past year in Tampa Bay with a fantastic crop of receivers, at least 4 former Pro-Bowl or All-Pro guys, some in their prime some just outside it. But, I also saw Tom Brady do very well recently in New England with virtually nothing as a crop of receivers. I remember when Dan Marino made guys like Orande Gadsden and Tony Martin stars. Sure, it helps when Joe Montana has Jerry Rice and John Taylor, with a stacked offense and incredible defense behind him. But, great QB's like Aaron Rodgers do it with only one talented receiver and still put up MVP seasons.

Tua had enough weapons last year to succeed, but rehabbing, pandemic, rookie ... he had a typical rookie season, and underwhelming to anyone expecting instant greatness. But, he's healed up, has had a year to adjust to the NFL, and we're flooding the offense with talent built specifically around Tua. I expect we will see a significantly higher performing Tua this season. We've already built around Tua like 10x what we did for Tannehill. Now let's hope Tua progresses and continues on a trajectory to a mid-level NFL QB. If he were to be a Top-15 QB (middle of the road starter), I think this defense can wins games. And with the resources being poured into the OL and receiving corps ... I think he can be.

I agree.

I would add that building a strong Offensive Line and keeping the Defensive Backfield stocked with very good players will keep us functioning as a strong contender for the division title.

Note that I did not reference the Offensive Backfield or the Defensive Front Line.

That is because once we become a contender with who we have, we will be able to remain a contender with other receivers in our backfield who may not be as good as who we have now, but who will be almost as effective with an effective Offensive Line.

Keep in mind that as the team matures, we will need to release some good, expensive receivers and replace them with rookies at lower cost and probably lower production. This is because Offensive Linemen don't cost as much and tend to have longer careers, in my experience. This means we may go through 2 or 3 waves of receivers while maintaining the same Offensive Line players and QB.

The same thinking is applicable to running backs. Right now we really do not know what our current RB's can do because last year was a 1st year for half our OL, which didn't have a meaningful preseason to get started. This year we will find out which RB's will need to be replaced. Since RB's tend to have shorter NFL careers then Offensive Linemen, I see several waves of them being used before we end up replacing most of our Offensive Linemen.

As for the Defensive line, most of what I said about longer NFL careers holds. Its the defensive backfield that seems to have shorter careers and who we will need to be replace more often. I suspect we are probably another draft or two from getting all our Defensive front linemen.

All this is, in a way, very good news. This means the Dolphins are going through a solid, well planned buildup that is going to RESULT AS AN ENDURING POWERHOUSE because we will be replacing players continually ACCORDING TO A PLAN, not Willy Nilly like so many teams that keep rebuilding to little or no avail.

I'm sure you guys can think of one or two teams that have been like that in the past off the top of your heads.

No.

The Chiefs were up by 2 scores with 17 seconds left.

Would have needed an onside kick and then would need to drive the entire field in only 15 seconds.

The only reason it wasn’t a 20+ point loss is because KC had 4 turnovers. Defense was the reason.
Actually, the defense needed a stop after the offense cut it to a 6 point game late in the 4th. They allowed a 4th and 2 completion to Hill. Watch the games Bills fan.

Yeah I'm not so much saying the other players don't contribute as much and definitely combined more, just that between two teams the talent of the roster minus QB is relatively the same unless you're a God awful team or absolutely elite.

Nice response!

Actually, the defense needed a stop after the offense cut it to a 6 point game late in the 4th. They allowed a 4th and 2 completion to Hill. Watch the games Bills fan.

I saw the game. KC was just cruising at that point. Garbage time. Plus, you can’t blame the defense for giving up 3 total points in the 4th, after forcing 4 turnovers in the game, while excusing Tua for looking quite bad.

I mean, doggoneit, Tua accounted for 2 of KC’s points by himself.

I saw the game. KC was just cruising at that point. Garbage time. Plus, you can’t blame the defense for giving up 3 total points in the 4th, after forcing 4 turnovers in the game, while excusing Tua for looking quite bad.

I mean, doggoneit, Tua accounted for 2 of KC’s points by himself.
Those three points were vital weren't they? Didn't the defense give up 33 points? So they played well? Your little anti-tua agenda is boring.

I remember with other QB’s they were supposed to raise the talent of others like Brady! But with this QB we are supposed to surround him with stars so he can manage the team! Just wondering how and why the theory’s changed! ps, I already know the answer!

I remember with other QB’s they were supposed to raise the talent of others like Brady! But with this QB we are supposed to surround him with stars so he can manage the team! Just wondering how and why the theory’s changed! ps, I already know the answer!

You are speaking like a boomer with millennial knowledge. Please stop for your own sake!

Back
Top Bottom