It's early... but here's my first attempt at a mock | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

It's early... but here's my first attempt at a mock

Slow night in the trailer?

Couldn’t be slower. Sitting here with my natty light and belly sticking out from under my Bama tshirt.

Get your a$$ in here and square up once and for all if you want to knock heads. I can guarantee you ain’t as stubborn and opinionated as you think you are. Try me.

Couldn’t be slower. Sitting here with my natty light and belly sticking out from under my Bama tshirt.

Get your a$$ in here and square up once and for all if you want to knock heads. I can guarantee you ain’t as stubborn and opinionated as you think you are. Try me.
Never climb into the pen with a pig... he enjoys it.

New Year's Eve version... no trades

• 3.​

Miami_Dolphins_logo.svg.png

Miami Dolphins
    Penei Sewell
    OT, Oregon
  • 23.​

Miami Dolphins
    Terrace Marshall Jr.
    WR, LSU
  • 35.​

Miami Dolphins
    Rondale Moore
    WR, Purdue
  • 55.​

Miami Dolphins
    Javonte Williams
    RB, North Carolina
  • 86.​

Miami Dolphins
    Alec Lindstrom
    IOL, Boston College

• 124.​

Miami Dolphins
    Palaie Gaoteote IV
    LB, USC
  • 194.​

Miami Dolphins
    Ventrell Miller
    LB, Florida
  • 204.​

Miami Dolphins
    Brock Purdy
    QB, Iowa State
I forgot the poster who brought it up, but whoever it was made a good point.

The point was something to the effect of the difference between a good and great O-lineman isn't as great as the difference between a good and great WR.

All that to say that IMO Leatherwood could give you as good a return on your investment at 23 as Sewell could give you at three...with the added luxury of having experience at RG. Besides, Hunt looks about as good

In contrast, I don't know if you get that same return when comparing Marshall to the two Bama WRs. The o-line is fine. Another year, an offseason, and training camp and they will be better. Heck, if they had a good RB and WRs...who knows, they could have been good this year.

I forgot the poster who brought it up, but whoever it was made a good point.

The point was something to the effect of the difference between a good and great O-lineman isn't as great as the difference between a good and great WR.

All that to say that IMO Leatherwood could give you as good a return on your investment at 23 as Sewell could give you at three...with the added luxury of having experience at RG. Besides, Hunt looks about as good

In contrast, I don't know if you get that same return when comparing Marshall to the two Bama WRs. The o-line is fine. Another year, an offseason, and training camp and they will be better. Heck, if they had a good RB and WRs...who knows, they could have been good this year.
I've heard that theory... I can't say that I agree with it, certainly not for Leatherwood. I've seen some sites are thinking Guard for him. There are a few Tackles that I'll focus on if we trade down (which is actually what I expect us to do), but Leatherwood probably won't be on that list.

The second part of that is the part where you suggested that the Alabama guys were 'great'. I just don't see that. They're pretty good, but neither dominated early really... waiting until their age 21-22 seasons before they truly stepped it up. I'd certainly draft one of them if they fall to us (and if we miss the playoffs, one of them might), but I think they are 'very good', rather than elite.

I've heard that theory... I can't say that I agree with it, certainly not for Leatherwood. I've seen some sites are thinking Guard for him. There are a few Tackles that I'll focus on if we trade down (which is actually what I expect us to do), but Leatherwood probably won't be on that list.

The second part of that is the part where you suggested that the Alabama guys were 'great'. I just don't see that. They're pretty good, but neither dominated early really... waiting until their age 21-22 seasons before they truly stepped it up. I'd certainly draft one of them if they fall to us (and if we miss the playoffs, one of them might), but I think they are 'very good', rather than elite.

Theres literally no evidence dominating as a freshman or sophomore correlates to the NFL. Davante Adam’s is probably the only top receiver in today’s NFL that dominated early. Most others had similar timeline as Smith. Juniors and/or senior seasons.

Two of the very best from this era, Julio Jones and Megatron both extremely good by their true Sophomore seasons, dominant in their third year, and into the NFL. It didn't take them into their age 22 seasons to be dominant.

Both of them had another attribute that this year's crop lacks... size.

Last edited:
This OT Sewell looks to be better than Tunsil day 1.
I know we need to find WR1 WR2 and RB1 I this off-season.
How about:
#3 Sewell
#10 Trade up for Smith or Chase (RD1 & Rd2 & 2022 3rd)
#35 Rd2 RB- Harris or NC Kid
* Sign Juju WR2
*Gaskin/ Ahmed RB2
*Parker / Bowden WR3/4

This OT Sewell looks to be better than Tunsil day 1.
I know we need to find WR1 WR2 and RB1 I this off-season.
How about:
#3 Sewell
#10 Trade up for Smith or Chase (RD1 & Rd2 & 2022 3rd)
#35 Rd2 RB- Harris or NC Kid
* Sign Juju WR2
*Gaskin/ Ahmed RB2
*Parker / Bowden WR3/4
I'm not sure I'd give up this much in a trade up, nor would I sign a FA WR, but you could be closer to correct than I am. It is so early yet.

Would love to see Ojulari and Collins at LB.
The 'we neeeeeeed a WR' crew would come unglued if we were to draft like that. I'd almost like to see it just to watch this place burn to the ground. LOL... I do like the players you drafted, though I would draft at least one larger WR.

My ideal draft...

trade back to 9 and get more picks...

9. D. Smith

We miss playoffs...

18. Waddle
35. Collins
41. Harris
55. Gainwell
73. Dickerson
86. Lecounte

late rounders...

Elijah Moore
Malik Herring
Quay Walker

The 'we neeeeeeed a WR' crew would come unglued if we were to draft like that. I'd almost like to see it just to watch this place burn to the ground. LOL... I do like the players you drafted, though I would draft at least one larger WR.
We have Parker and Preston

Back
Top Bottom