It's early... but here's my first attempt at a mock | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

It's early... but here's my first attempt at a mock

Newest week... newest draft positions... newest stab in the ever-loving darkness.

8. Jamarr Chase: Missed on Parsons and Rousseau, so selected the best WR in the draft.

27. Zaven Collins: Traded down a few spots. Our ILBs are the biggest weakness on our team. This should help

39: Amon-Ra St. Brown: I'm down with drafting two WRs, especially if we can get a pure flank, and a pure slot. They really are two completely differing positions.

54: Javonte Williams: I think he is a much better, much younger prospect than Najee Harris. 2b would be a good spot for him.

58: Abraham Lucas: The natural pass-blocking RT to protect our biggest investment.

84: Zion Tupuola-Fetui: An Edge who is a rising YOUNG prospect who is leading the Pac 12 in sacks, and I believe, caused fumbles.

184: Carson Strong QB: Another rising candidate. He may not come out.

This week's insanity... The grab my Penei edition. One trade down...

3. Penei Sewell, ORT
30 Travis Etienne, RB1
36. Terrance Marshall, Fl WR
54. Amon-Ra St. Brown, Sl WR
62. Zion Tupuola-Fetui, Edge
87. Desmond Ridder, QB2
118: Tony Fields II, ILB
185. Ventrell Miller, ILB

This week's insanity... The grab my Penei edition. One trade down...

3. Penei Sewell, ORT
30 Travis Etienne, RB1
36. Terrance Marshall, Fl WR
54. Amon-Ra St. Brown, Sl WR
62. Zion Tupuola-Fetui, Edge
87. Desmond Ridder, QB2
118: Tony Fields II, ILB
185. Ventrell Miller, ILB
Sewell is very interesting. Wonder if Miami would take him, or move down?

It's hard to quantify how much a quality tackle can benefit a team. You can look at the stats of a running back...1200 yards, 10 touchdowns and have a good feeling for what that player meant to a team.

For an offensive lineman, how much does having an extra second to throw the ball mean, or how many yards did a running back gain because of a certain block?

That said, I do believe teams win in the trenches and Sewell is commonly regarded as one of the best tackles to come out on a long time.

Sewell is very interesting. Wonder if Miami would take him, or move down?

It's hard to quantify how much a quality tackle can benefit a team. You can look at the stats of a running back...1200 yards, 10 touchdowns and have a good feeling for what that player meant to a team.

For an offensive lineman, how much does having an extra second to throw the ball mean, or how many yards did a running back gain because of a certain block?

That said, I do believe teams win in the trenches and Sewell is commonly regarded as one of the best tackles to come out on a long time.
He's been my dream pick since before the season even started... I'm a trenches guy; THAT is where the game of football is won, and Penei Sewell is the best looking Offensive Lineman that i have ever seen, just an OUTSTANDING prospect.

That said... we'd be crazy to refuse to listen to offers for this pick. But this begs the question... trading down for more players, or draft studs? We could argue about that all day.

One last thought. Sewell would require a lot of movement on Miami's line. I assume he would play RT to protect Tua's blindside.

Hunt would probably move to RG and Kindley most likely to LG. Flowers could be traded, or serve as an expensive option off the bench.

Karras is also a free agent. Meaning the Dolphins could have a new center as well.

Not necessarily a bad thing, but that's a lot of changes for a young unit.

He's been my dream pick since before the season even started... I'm a trenches guy; THAT is where the game of football is won, and Penei Sewell is the best looking Offensive Lineman that i have ever seen, just an OUTSTANDING prospect.

That said... we'd be crazy to refuse to listen to offers for this pick. But this begs the question... trading down for more players, or draft studs? We could argue about that all day.
I always thought that 1970's Miami's offensive line was one of the most underrated aspects of the Dolphins success.

I'm also a build the trenches guy.

One last thought. Sewell would require a lot of movement on Miami's line. I assume he would play RT to protect Tua's blindside.

Hunt would probably move to RG and Kindley most likely to LG. Flowers could be traded, or serve as an expensive option off the bench.

Karras is also a free agent. Meaning the Dolphins could have a new center as well.

Not necessarily a bad thing, but that's a lot of changes for a young unit.
All true, but I argued with at least a dozen people this year over whether we could start three rookies. I said yes, and I was told that I was stupid, uniformed, and had no knowledge of the NFL.

Looking back on that makes me grin.

I'd draft Sewell and tell the big Samoan that his new job was to protect the little Hawaiian kid for the next 15 years. Penei, you will play Right Tackle for us, because that is Tua's blind side. Hunt and Kindley start at Guards and Jackson at LT.

All true, but I argued with at least a dozen people this year over whether we could start three rookies. I said yes, and I was told that I was stupid, uniformed, and had no knowledge of the NFL.

Looking back on that makes me grin.

I'd draft Sewell and tell the big Samoan that his new job was to protect the little Hawaiian kid for the next 15 years. Penei, you will play Right Tackle for us, because that is Tua's blind side. Hunt and Kindley start at Guards and Jackson at LT.
It's intriguing as hell.

If Miami does draft Sewell, I'd put Flowers on the bench and move Kindley to his more natural spot at LG. Hunt would then be Miami's new RG.
I would too... we signed Flowers with the intent to only keep him for two years, but lucked out and managed to land two excellent Guard prospects... so I'll take the cap hit with a smile if we can deal him.

I'd love to get Javonte Williams. It's not just that he reminds me of Marshawn Lynch in the way he plays and that I think he's underrated as a receiver.

It's the tread on the tires.

He has about half as many carries in college as Najee and Etienne. To me, he's in the conversation with those guys in terms of actual ability, but he might also remain a viable player for a year or two more than either of them.

I'd love to get Javonte Williams. It's not just that he reminds me of Marshawn Lynch in the way he plays and that I think he's underrated as a receiver.

It's the tread on the tires.

He has about half as many carries in college as Najee and Etienne. To me, he's in the conversation with those guys in terms of actual ability, but he might also remain a viable player for a year or two more than either of them.
You know that I always opt for the younger players when I can, and Harris, to me, is one of the worst bets in the draft. He's absolutely maxed out, and a bit overage for a high draft pick. Plus, he has never had to make do with less than a stellar line and teammates.

Now Etienne is a much better bet, but he'll be expensive.

I tried the PFN Mock draft simulator and got the following:
    Penei Sewell
    OT Oregon

DeVonta Smith
    WR Alabama

Najee Harris
    RB Alabama

Jaelan Phillips
    EDGE Miami (FL)

Tylan Wallace
    WR Oklahoma State

Zamir White
    RB Georgia

Lorenzo Neal
    DT Purdue

Tyler Vrabel
    OT Boston College

• For some reason the simulator does not propose a draft for #3 spot so I pick Sewell otherwise I'd trade down, but getting Najee and Devonta would be a dream come true!

I tried the PFN Mock draft simulator and got the following:
    Penei Sewell
    OT Oregon

DeVonta Smith
    WR Alabama

Najee Harris
    RB Alabama

Jaelan Phillips
    EDGE Miami (FL)

Tylan Wallace
    WR Oklahoma State

Zamir White
    RB Georgia

Lorenzo Neal
    DT Purdue

Tyler Vrabel
    OT Boston College

• For some reason the simulator does not propose a draft for #3 spot so I pick Sewell otherwise I'd trade down, but getting Najee and Devonta would be a dream come true!

Sometimes it offers a trade, sometimes it doesn't. It's pretty random.

I still believe we go Harris with 1B. Why?

cause Packers and Steelers or jets have a crack in the 1st round. No way he lasts to any of our 2nds

Back
Top Bottom