• Give up and get some high draft picks

Votes: 10 22.7%
  • Keep fighting with Griese

Votes: 12 27.3%

• Total voters

Regan21286

Wa Wa Wee Wa
Reaction score
As much as I hated that game, I really don't think it was all Griese's fault. Of course, he had a hand in the loss with 3 interceptions and 2 fumbles. But, I'll bet if Griese had an O-line that didn't collapse and that at least provided Ricky Williams with some holes, the outcome would be different.

And I doubt Fiedler could have won that game and he probably would have thrown those picks anyways because he'd have to gamble after being behind so much. Fiedler's not a come-from-behind QB or one that can demolish passing defenses like McNair. Sure he has scrambling ability, but that gets the offense nowhere and that's about it.

Instead, I blame the O-line and the coaches. Wanny's error came a little earlier by signing DT instead of Kyle Turley or Wayne Gandy and also drafting unnecessary Eddie Moore rather than Calico.

I'd rather have Griese in against Baltimore. This season is pretty much over, so just give Fiedler the year off and come back better next year.

Where is the option: Griese sucks, and Fiedler can't get it done either?

Get your hands out of griese's jock.

I still think Griese's better than Fiedler, at least by a little.

Originally posted by Williams34Phins
Where is the option: Griese sucks, and Fiedler can't get it done either?

Get your hands out of griese's jock.

I suggest you chill out with that attitude.

Oh, I will give you that fact that Griese has a better arm and acuracy. But his hands kill us. He can't hold onto the ball, and has zero awareness and mobility, and can't think quickly under preassure. But Jay sucks at deep pass and accuracy, it doesn't matter who is in, we are screwed.

Originally posted by Regan21286
I still think Griese's better than Fiedler, at least by a little.
not with this oline he isn't. listen, i coached defense and when i saw a team on our schedule with a pocket passer, i'd really look forward to that game!:D ;)

Scrambling can't help, just ask Donovan McNabb. Still I'm willing to bet that if Griese has a decent O-line, he produce like he did in 2000.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, I will give you that fact that Griese has a better arm and acuracy. But his hands kill us. He can't hold onto the ball, and has zero awareness and mobility, and can't think quickly under preassure. But Jay sucks at deep pass and accuracy, it doesn't matter who is in, we are screwed.
If Griese had on OL that could block better than a roll of wet toilet paper, then we'd be fine. Griese would have at least 2 seconds to throw the ball and might not have somebody coming hard at his blind side every other play - and Ricky might get more than 1 hole to run through.

Derius is an enigma - sometimes he goes up and ifghts for the ball and makes a great play; but most times he just walks the route.

Here's an interesting quote from Sportsline.com:

"But Dan Marino might not have had success against this Tennessee defense." -Pete Prisco.

I guess somebody out there thinks the QB is not the problem.

And Jay would look a lot better to, so don't give me that. Jay makes this oline look good even though it is awful. I'm not a jay support or a griese supporter, so stop defending griese because he is horrible.

4 fumbles in 2 games..... impressive.

Originally posted by Rebar71

If Griese had on OL that could block better than a roll of wet toilet paper,
and if a bullfrog had wings he wouldn't bump his a$$. neither one exist!:tongue:

And Jay would look a lot better to, so don't give me that. Jay makes this oline look good even though it is awful. I'm not a jay support or a griese supporter, so stop defending griese because he is horrible.

4 fumbles in 2 games..... impressive.

Jay might make the O-line look better but 1 TD and 3 Ints in 3 games doesn't exactly sound as appealing as Griese's 4 TDs and 3 Ints in 3 games. I'd rather have those 4 TDs than that 1 TD. Not to mention that in the last 3 games Jay played, defense gave up 39 points. With Griese, 64 points, so Griese is forced to come up with big plays in short time.

It's funny how

Originally posted by Rebar71

If Griese had on OL that could block better than a roll of wet toilet paper, then we'd be fine. Griese would have at least 2 seconds to throw the ball and might not have somebody coming hard at his blind side every other play - and Ricky might get more than 1 hole to run through.

Derius is an enigma - sometimes he goes up and ifghts for the ball and makes a great play; but most times he just walks the route.

The BG fans show no accountability for his inadequacies. Jeez man go back and watch last weeks game. Hell I was there last week. BG drops back about seven to ten yards or 5-7 steps everytime he throws. How many times do you see a DE take the looooong outside rush to make a sack and cause two fumbles in the game. Is Wade smith Sucking right now... Absolutely
Could BG avoid those turn overs by taking three step drops. You betcha. It's not about JF being better than BG it's about JF being able to make plays behind a woeful offensive line. Something BG has never done in his entire NFL career. NEVER

Griese had a good oline,great wr's and good rb at Denver and what he accomplish?

Griese is not better than Fiedler..Jay Fiedler haters can't help but to cheer for Griese.Griese doesn't have a better arm than Fiedler.You don't measure a gur arm strength by completing 7 yards passes.Any QB can put some zip on a ball thrown seven yard and it looks prttier since he throws a nice spiral but PLEASE he doesn't have a better arm.I witness that for my self in practice where Griese couldn't hit a deep ball pass 40 yards.

Back
Top Bottom