Votes: 5 11.4%
  • Let Fiedler rest for the remainder of the season

Votes: 5 11.4%
  • Give up and get some high draft picks

Votes: 10 22.7%
  • Keep fighting with Griese

Votes: 12 27.3%

• Total voters
Minus please shut up for once........ you always get into this stupid debate that Fiedler has a better deep ball. Fiedler can't even throw a tight spiral first of all so the least you can do now is put a shoe up your piehole.

Originally posted by Muck

So have I. I went to camps. And as he got more comfortable, his passes got crisper. I saw him throw deep passes in Denver and at Michigan. His deep ball looks better than Fiedler's. So I draw a different conclusion than you.

You're word isn't gospel. Neither is mine. I just kinda take issue with the "only biased fans draw such conclusions" comment. That right there comes off as biased BS.

Spiral doesn't mean has better arm.Griese pass looks alot more pretty than probably alot quaterbacks around the league but his arm strength doesn't resemble his spiral.Sorry I just don't know you come up with that conclusion.Hey every one is in tittle to their own opinion so I drop it here.I ain't bias toward any of the two because in the big picture, I think the Dolphins need to move on next year and try to find a real upgrade at QB if able.

If next year it comes down to the two again then I'll prefer Fiedler who in my opinion is a better Qb all around than Griese..

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by juniorseau55
Minus please shut up for once........ you always get into this stupid debate that Fiedler has a better deep ball. Fiedler can't even throw a tight spiral first of all so the least you can do now is put a shoe up your piehole.

Shows how much you know about football.

Originally posted by minus

Spiral doesn't mean has better arm.Griese pass looks alot more pretty than probably alot quaterbacks around the league but his arm strength doesn't resemble his spiral.Sorry I just don't know you come up with that conclusion.

What the heck are you talking about?? :confused: I didn't say anything about a spiral. That has nothing to do with what I'm saying. Were you meaning to quote JS55??

does it really matter who is under center? this team has more pressing problems than if fiedler is better than griese. gotta feeling after this year it wont really matter anyway. i doubt either will be here with a new coaching staff.

fellas, don't confuse zip with distance in regards to arm strength. arm strength is zip, like marino, vick, farve, or elway zip. it's not throwing the ball 75 yards, it's its hearing the ball whistle on the deep out. brian has better arm strength than fiedler, as there are some throws that fiedler cannot make, like the 5 route from the opposite hash across his body (houston game). but being able to throw the ball far doesn't really matter much in the league, as some people have a cannon and don't know how to use it (jeff blake, jeff george).

Originally posted by Phishstix
fellas, don't confuse zip with distance in regards to arm strength. arm strength is zip, like marino, vick, farve, or elway zip. it's not throwing the ball 75 yards, it's its hearing the ball whistle on the deep out. brian has better arm strength than fiedler, as there are some throws that fiedler cannot make, like the 5 route from the opposite hash across his body (houston game). but being able to throw the ball far doesn't really matter much in the league, as some people have a cannon and don't know how to use it (jeff blake, jeff george).

You're right but Zip translates to being able to throw it longer distance.Griese doesn't have more zip on his passes than Fiedler.

Originally posted by juniorseau55
Fiedler can't even throw a tight spiral first of all
so friggin what! you think sonny jurgenson or billy kilmer threw spirals? kilmer threw some of the most accurate passes in the world with no spiral. looked like a lame duck.:D :tongue:

I think Brian *does* have more zippish throws than many QB's. He can toss a *very* fast 5 to 8 yard pass. Short routes are difficult to cover against him.

However he is not accurate in long throws. It really doesn't matter if you have the arm strength if you can't hit your target. He used to underthrow all his targets (when his arm strength was being questioned), and then he started overthrowing all the receivers, except occassionaly Lelie, who is a *very* fast guy. So he may have the arm strength.. but he certainly doesn't have any sort of consistant long accuracy.

BroncoFox

Originally posted by Regan21286
Here's an interesting quote from Sportsline.com:

"But Dan Marino might not have had success against this Tennessee defense." -Pete Prisco.

I guess somebody out there thinks the QB is not the problem.

Give me a break, P Prisco knows that Dan is also a pocket QB that can't scramble... of course he is going to have the same problem....

I am Keeping the "Faith!"

GOOO FIINZ !

:D

improve

What BG can do is keep the ball at his right shoulder when looking for a reciever to not get open. Also step into the pocket b/c its always a speed rush from the LT. Seems simple but the QB coach should have done something about it after last game.

Originally posted by Disnardo

Give me a break, P Prisco knows that Dan is also a pocket QB that can't scramble... of course he is going to have the same problem....

I am Keeping the "Faith!"

GOOO FIINZ !

:D
he did towards the end of his career.! so whats your point?

Originally posted by phintech
The weakness in our Oline was over-exposed last week against Indy and now the league knows that a hard push from the left side will land you a sack, and possibly a turnover, because Griese is easy pickin's. Norv Turner needs to design plays rolling Griese away from that side or use a hard push against these overly aggressive DEs with screen plays back ont that side (the same way coordinators are using Jason Taylor's aggression against him).

Griese had the opportunity to showcase his lack of talent against the worst team in the league (Chargers), gaining everyone's support against Fiedler, and now the truth about his lack of generalship is being manifested. Give the ball back to Fiedler when he's healthy. Let Ricky run 30-35 times a game, because like any high-powered machine, his oil needs to heat up before his motor is at it's best. We need Zach BACK.

Phintech I happen to agree with you on everything except one issue. The OL weaknes was not overexposed in the IndI game..

It was exposed since the first couple of games of the season. I have seen JF take quite a few hits from the blind side. For the most part he had just gotten rid of the ball before contact. Some of his sacks have come from the left side of the line...

I am Keeping the "Faith"

GOOO FINNZ !

:)

Already down on Griese (shakes head). You folks sure do give up easily. The man has played in 56 games and thrown 56 interceptions. THAT is consistency my friends. What is not to love? I say keep him in there. Let the guy pad his stats. :D

Originally posted by dolfan06
he did towards the end of his career.! so whats your point?

06 I was answering an earlier post that stated the Dan would have the same problem palying with our OL yesterday.

IMO he is the greatest pure backdrop passer of all times.

Of course, we all know that Dan's weakness was his scrambling ability. At the end of his career his OL was not giving him time to throw, but he found ways to evade the rush by moving around in the pocket and scrambling out a few times.

The statement that Prisco made pointed to the negative only! He should have said maybe this team needs to use a mobile QB instead of a drop back QB to have a chance with the way this OL has been playing...

I am Keeping the "Faith"

GOOO FINNZ

:)

Back
Top Bottom