• Let Fiedler rest for the remainder of the season

Votes: 5 11.4%
  • Give up and get some high draft picks

Votes: 10 22.7%
  • Keep fighting with Griese

Votes: 12 27.3%

• Total voters
Originally posted by minus
Griese had a good oline,great wr's and good rb at Denver and what he accomplish?

Griese is not better than Fiedler..Jay Fiedler haters can't help but to cheer for Griese.Griese doesn't have a better arm than Fiedler.You don't measure a gur arm strength by completing 7 yards passes.Any QB can put some zip on a ball thrown seven yard and it looks prttier since he throws a nice spiral but PLEASE he doesn't have a better arm.I witness that for my self in practice where Griese couldn't hit a deep ball pass 40 yards.

No, Griese does have a better arm than Fiedler, almost everyone agrees so. The reasons why there are only 7 yard passes is 1. Norv called em (also responsible for the 5 step drop) 2. Receivers aren't going anywhere 3. O-Line doesn't hold up long enough for a deep pass. Plus Griese now has a "good" defense which he didn't have in Denver.

You forgot

4. Brian Griese doesn't have the arm for a deep passing game (not that I'm saying Jay does)

Originally posted by Jimmy James
You forgot

4. Brian Griese doesn't have the arm for a deep passing game (not that I'm saying Jay does)

Griese has made long passes before but he's definitely better at 10-30 yard passes. And unless Fiedler fully heals, he's going to be chucking balls that only 7 ft tall WRs can catch. So I'd stick with Griese. But it's a moot point, unless the O-line starts functioning or better players are added to it, QB's will be sacked or hurried, Ricky can go nowhere, and the O stalls.

Originally posted by Regan21286

Jay might make the O-line look better but 1 TD and 3 Ints in 3 games doesn't exactly sound as appealing as Griese's 4 TDs and 3 Ints in 3 games. I'd rather have those 4 TDs than that 1 TD. Not to mention that in the last 3 games Jay played, defense gave up 39 points. With Griese, 64 points, so Griese is forced to come up with big plays in short time.

Those 4 fumbles you seem to forget to mention.

Originally posted by dolfan06
and if a bullfrog had wings he wouldn't bump his a$$. neither one exist!:tongue:
Stop it! You're going to make me cry! :cry:

i'm just tired of the double standard. if jay has a bad game, everybody jumps all over him. brian was terrible today, and the brian worshipers go easy on him. if he sucked, call him out, don't give me 'it wasn't his fault, its the wrs, its the ol, its ricky, its wanny' crap. did the ol throw 3 picks? did the wrs fumble twice? did ricky take 30 step drops? did wanny hold the ball for 5 minutes? no, no, no, and no! stop defending brian, because everybody knows a lot of you guys wouldn't defend jay if he had the same type of game.

If the Fins get better O-linemen by next week and Griese still fumbles, then I'll agree with you.

Griese had all the weapons he needed in denver, and did nothing with them. You griese supporters need to realize this.

griese with an o line is better that jay with an o line everyday of the week

Originally posted by Williams34Phins
Griese had all the weapons he needed in denver, and did nothing with them. You griese supporters need to realize this.

But keep in mind that Griese never had a stable defense like Miami has had. Plus, I support Griese because he's a more whole QB. If you want runners, get a running back. A QB's job is to throw the ball, not scramble (see Donovan McNabb). At least defenses are respecting the pass and not laughing at it.

I think the Fins should start practicing the O-line by letting JT and Ogunleye run loose on em. Hopefully this rumored conference between Wayne H. and Wanny should correct something...

But keep in mind that Griese never had a stable defense like Miami has had. Plus, I support Griese because he's a more whole QB. If you want runners, get a running back. A QB's job is to throw the ball, not scramble (see Donovan McNabb). At least defenses are respecting the pass and not laughing at it.

yea, the titans definately respected the pass. they respected so much that they put 8 men in the box, sometimes 9. wonder why the OL can't block and ricky is struggling? you and a whole lot of people were fooled when brian got off against jammer (2nd year), davis (rookie), and kiel (rookie) in the SD game. lucas got off vs SD last year, too. brian still suffers from his denver woes (too deep a drop, folds under pressure, minimal pocket awareness, propensity to allow mistakes to pile up). he's great when the defense hands him the keys and tell him not to 'f it up' like the SD game, but he's not someone that can make his teammates better. it's the other way around.

1 more thing, what's wrong with mcnabb, he has lead the eagles to 2 nfc championship games. has a qb on our roster done that?

look at McNabb in the early parts of the season. Yeah, the titans stacked the line because Wanny said ricky would run over the titans and they were pissed. And Jay's more of a "defense hands him the keys" QB but Jay fails at the "not f it up" part.

I guess this issue will be going aorund till the end of the year.

Here is an interesting fact, as most of you have noticed...

The games that we have lost we had to throw for over 200 yds per game...

They have been using a consevative scheme, it is a scheme set up for an underachiving offensive unit. That is why they were playing like that since the beginning of the year. Run on first, run on second, pass on third down (hope the QB can get first downs), punt and play field position. A shorter field we can get some points, enough to get us the wins with our defense.

The only exception was today's (BG/SR 181 yds combined). Which it would been over it if we would have moved the ball some more (lol). We probably would not have won the game even if we threw for 400 yds, gave up to many points.

So the motto of the story is this team will not perform with a passer type QB...

Right now people wake up! BG is not going to help much, and JF is not a SB caliber QB, but JF is the only shot we have to turn this ship around and maybe make it to the playoffs!

I am not a JF lover, I was hopeful that BG would right the ship, but the scheme is not suited for him or the team...

I know those JF haters would rather see MIA out from contention, then in the playoff with him...

Once were there will see what happens...

DW and NT know that the talent of this team is not with the OL its with the D.

So that has been the scheme since the very beginning...

Hey lets Keep the "Faith"

GOO FINNZ !

:jumper: :cooldude: :band:

look at McNabb in the early parts of the season. Yeah, the titans stacked the line because Wanny said ricky would run over the titans and they were pissed. And Jay's more of a "defense hands him the keys" QB but Jay fails at the "not f it up" part.

but if griese is such a great QB, shouldn't he be able to beat the coverage downfield. it's only 2 daggum reads: see which side the safety cheats to, and throw it to the other side. it's funny that the titans still had the line stacked up 14-0, 21-0, and 28-0, knowing that the fins had abandoned their gameplay. why? they knew griese couldn't take advantage if they so much as sneezed on him.

Back
Top Bottom