• Let Fiedler rest for the remainder of the season

Votes: 5 11.4%
  • Give up and get some high draft picks

Votes: 10 22.7%
  • Keep fighting with Griese

Votes: 12 27.3%

• Total voters
Originally posted by Phishstix

but if griese is such a great QB, shouldn't he be able to beat the coverage downfield. it's only 2 daggum reads: see which side the safety cheats to, and throw it to the other side. it's funny that the titans still had the line stacked up 14-0, 21-0, and 28-0, knowing that the fins had abandoned their gameplay. why? they knew griese couldn't take advantage if they so much as sneezed on him.

I'm not saying Griese is the all great QB, I'm just saying he's better than Jay. The titans stacked the line because if it's a run play, they'll stop ricky. If it's pass, the O-line is too weak to handle em and it's a quick sack.

Originally posted by Regan21286

No, Griese does have a better arm than Fiedler, almost everyone agrees so. The reasons why there are only 7 yard passes is 1. Norv called em (also responsible for the 5 step drop) 2. Receivers aren't going anywhere 3. O-Line doesn't hold up long enough for a deep pass. Plus Griese now has a "good" defense which he didn't have in Denver.

He doesn't have better arm...Only bias fans who don't know better come to conclusion that he has a strong arm but he doesn't.

I'm not saying Griese is the all great QB, I'm just saying he's better than Jay. The titans stacked the line because if it's a run play, they'll stop ricky. If it's pass, the O-line is too weak to handle em and it's a quick sack.

He is not even better than Jay..He couldn't anything with a great support cast around him and look what Plummer was doing in Denver before the injury.BTW Fiedler throws a better deep ball in the 40+ than Griese.

Last edited by a moderator:
It doesn't matter who is under center. This team will continue to lose because the o-line cannot run block or pass block.
Jay was not impressive when he was under center. Yes they won more games but I think everyone can agree, it was not BECAUSE of Jay. And I think we can all agree that Jay would've played better if the O-line had blocked well for him. Before he "got hurt", he was stinking it up. Why? Same reason Brian is now. The O-line SUX!!!
This season is a wash. I hate to say it. But after first becoming a Dolphin fan at the age of 7...the last year we went to the Super Bowl, I have given up on this team.
Wanny stinks, his coaching style stinks, his game-planning stinks, the results stink. And for all you Jay/Brian bashers and buttsniffers, get a life. You could have a QB created from the genes of Marino, Montana and Vick and behind this line, they wouldn't be able to do spit.
As a fan, I hope they lose the rest of their games, fire Wanny, get a decent draft pick and hire Bob Stoops.
God I'm depressed. And then I come to this forum and see people arguing about who is better...Griese or Fiedler. I don't even know what to say about it. This QB whatever-you-want-to-cal-lit has become bigger than the team.
Sorry for ranting. I'm gonna take som Xanex and have a couple of glasses of wine now.

Griese did good enough in 2000 and 2001, 102.9 QB rating, that's more than Fiedler or Plummer ever got. I like Jay as a quality backup and leader, but not on the field throwing errant passes.

Griese did good enough in 2000 and 2001, 102.9 QB rating, that's more than Fiedler or Plummer ever got. I like Jay as a quality backup and leader, but not on the field throwing errant passes.

Griese had one quality season in which only played 9 games.The guy career is build around that one year?Just look at other years before jumping to conclusions.

the facts are simple. for whatever reason, fiedler always seems to give the team a chance to win. today, the offense gave the team no chance to win. i don't know if its because he scambles better or picks up the pressure better or whether he has pixie dust in his jock.

this is the nfl and anything can happen once you get into the playoffs. if fiedler gives you the best chance, then fiedler's your guy. either way, it's wannstedt's butt if the fins don't at least make the playoffs.

Originally posted by minus

Griese had one quality season in which only played 9 games.The guy career is build around that one year?Just look at other years before jumping to conclusions.
nope, it's not ALL griese's fault. just like it wasn't ALL jays fault, or lucas!:rolleyes:

He doesn't have better arm...Only bias fans who don't know better come to conclusion that he has a strong arm but he doesn't.

I'm not biased and I think Griese has a better arm. Rethink that generalization.

Originally posted by Muck

I'm not biased and I think Griese has a better arm. Rethink that generalization.

I've seen Griese at training camp and he can't hit a pass 40 yards.I haven't seen him hit a pass that travel over 50 yards in the air period that i can remember from College until now.He doesn't have better arm period.he just throwing that 7 yard pattern with a nice spiral.

I really don't want to stir the pot at all, just wanted to add an observation. I saw this same sort of thread many *many* weeks in Denver after we lost games. Brian would get sacked, make some bad picks, or fumble.. and there were two crowds. The 'Brian Bashers(tm?)', and the Griese Groupies. The Groupies would say 'If we had a line, he would be fine!'.. and the Bashers would say 'He does this all the time.. when do you start blaming the QB?'.

I myself was a 'Groupie' if you would.. for along time, 3 and a half years. I supported him.. gave him all the time in the world. I eventually became neutral, and the last half year in Denver, I joined the ranks of the 'Bashers'. I finally looked at Brian in an honest light. QB who can be very accurate if he has a perfect line.. but will go down with the pressure of even one rusher. He cannot scramble to save his life, and he has little awareness in the pocket. As Madden once said.. Griese can see the guys go around the corners, but he is a very poor judge of when to get rid of the ball. He has X seconds to do so.. and he usually holds on too long and gets whalloped.

But this is the sort of thread I saw so often, I got sick and just wanted him out of Denver. Because Denver does *not* have a perfect o-line. And in fact, when I thought about it.. NO line can protect a QB on every single play of a game. That is when I realized Brian was a deficit.

Now I missed the game.. so I was hoping to find out, was Brian somewhat more of a leader when the chips were done? i.e. was he standing with his guys at the end of the game, or was he by himself on the defensive bench? If it was the prior, he still might pan out for ya. :)

BroncoFox

I've seen Griese at training camp and he can't hit a pass 40 yards.I haven't seen him hit a pass that travel over 50 yards in the air period that i can remember from College until now.He doesn't have better arm period.he just throwing that 7 yard pattern with a nice spiral.

So have I. I went to camps. And as he got more comfortable, his passes got crisper. I saw him throw deep passes in Denver and at Michigan. His deep ball looks better than Fiedler's. So I draw a different conclusion than you.

You're word isn't gospel. Neither is mine. I just kinda take issue with the "only biased fans draw such conclusions" comment. That right there comes off as biased BS.

Originally posted by BroncoFox
Brian would get sacked, make some bad picks, or fumble.. and there were two crowds. The 'Brian Bashers(tm?)', and the Griese Groupies. The Groupies would say 'If we had a line, he would be fine!'.. and the Bashers would say 'He does this all the time.. when do you start blaming the QB?'.
BroncoFox

So people were actually blaming the best line in football for griese's play? Now the fins' OL is a convienent scapegoat but something is wrong if griese was having the same problems behind that stone wall ya'll have.

Denver's OL is a good run-blocking line. But they weren't that great pass blocking. Witness the beating we gave him last year.

The weakness in our Oline was over-exposed last week against Indy and now the league knows that a hard push from the left side will land you a sack, and possibly a turnover, because Griese is easy pickin's. Norv Turner needs to design plays rolling Griese away from that side or use a hard push against these overly aggressive DEs with screen plays back ont that side (the same way coordinators are using Jason Taylor's aggression against him).

Griese had the opportunity to showcase his lack of talent against the worst team in the league (Chargers), gaining everyone's support against Fiedler, and now the truth about his lack of generalship is being manifested. Give the ball back to Fiedler when he's healthy. Let Ricky run 30-35 times a game, because like any high-powered machine, his oil needs to heat up before his motor is at it's best. We need Zach BACK.

Back
Top Bottom