Its Official! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Its Official!

Originally posted by muddaconch

Settle down. You have no reason for attacking my like this. I am not bothering you in any way. If you don't wish to visit my site, then don't.

Also, I have been affiliated with Finheaven in the past.

Think before you speak.

Expo is right on this one buddy. You can't advertise your site on this board without permission from AJ. Unless you got it from him, I'm going to have to ask you not to put up links to it here. Thanks in advance, and sorry for any inconvenience.

Prime Time, while we appreciate your effort in trying to monitor the boards, please leave that job to the mods and mentors. It'll save headaches for everyone, but especially for yourself. Thanks.

I am not monitoring anything. I am just simply stating a rule.

I'm sorry if I broke a rule, I have only posted here occasionally. However, I do not appreciate the disrespect shown in addressing this and informing me of my error.

Gadsden's agent is Michael Todd.

I'm sorry if I broke a rule, I have only posted here occasionally. However, I do not appreciate the disrespect shown in addressing this and informing me of my error.

The reaction was based upon the fact that you did the same thing last night and had about 10 people tell you this was not appropriate. If you follow up with a second post doing the same thing expect to get nailed, that's the way it works.

This'll be my final post on this topic. Peace.

I apologize if there was any disrespect, but there was none intended. However, how would you have had me handle it? Not addressing it and not informing you of your error? I'm not sure that there was any other way. If there is a specific problem you have with it though, feel free to PM me. Thanks.

Originally posted by DolFinatic718
Ok I don't want to be confused with a Gadsden hater but after reading several articles, and after listening to several opinions, but for and against the signing, i have to admit i'm not too optimistic about signing OG back. I'll try to break it down in simple matters so that i don't get confused with an OG hater and try to make some of you guys understand why in my opinion this team will be better without OG.

Reciever Wise!
1st. While OG is goode in my opinion, and was sorely missed in the games after his injury, i believe we have found an up and coming reciever in Thompson. He is visibly faster then OG, and the word is his hands are quite similiar. I believe that Thompson will excel alot more in our offense rather then OG.

Interest Wise
2.While i'm not into signing someone just because alot of teams want them, i do believe that if alot of teams are interested in a player, and are willing to stick their neck out for a player, its for a reason. While OG is a goode possession reciever, teams were not willing to give him a contract worth more then 1mil a year. Interest for OG was almost non existed even when apportunities were available (panthers, jaguars just a few teams that needed a reciever quickly either because of lack of talent or injury). While we would sign OG under our terms, i think the damage has been done that nobody was willing to do what needed to be done to sign OG.

Mentally Wise
3.I also think the damage has been done 'team chemistry' wise, and OG has no one to blame for this then himself. OG showed a great deal of unloyalty to this team and organization. Willing to accept a contract only after not getting what he wanted from other organizations. Just like someone posted before me, we offered him a great deal under his circumstances, and he chose to turn it down for more money. He even admitted that he could of played if the 'price was right' or just choose surgery to seek a better deal in FA. Thats a slap in the face to this team, to his teammates and to the fans.

Game Plan Wise
4. I don't think we the game plan we will be instituting this year, OG will be a reciever who will get it done. We need a fast reciever to strecth the field. We have that in Chambers and Mcknight. We need a tight end who can catch the ball over the middle, we have that in Mcmicheal. We also need a possession reciever, but one who can gain YAC, and we found him in Thompson. In a 4 reciever set (which will not be run too often due to RW) We would have 2 speedy recievers (Chambers, Mcknight) Thompson, and a new, hungary, battle tested, and almost proven (because whoever it is will have to beat out 3-4 recievers to win the 4th receiver spot) to play. If OG is signed then one of these prospects will most likely have to go.

Conclusion
In conclusion i will say, that OG is a great reciever, and i'm not bashing him. But i'm saying that he could of showed alot more support by signing a deal when he first got injured. I as well as many other dolphin fans are greatly excited about our new prospects that we signed and drafted at the reciever position. Fact is all of them can't stay, and like Wanny always says "The best man for the job will line up". Meaning that whoever wins the 4th and 5th reciever spot will be ready for the job. Players like Knight and Seau who came from other teams were determined to play for this team. Knight and Griese took pay cuts to play for this team, showing their determination. OG showed he was ready to explore the waters and cut his ties with this team, and only when it came back to bite him, did he accept our latter offer with his tail between his legs. If he does sign i will say i hope him the best in training camp because he will be in for a battle, and if it comes out that he wins the starting role over a newly acquired prospect, then that means that that player was not ready, and OG is the best man for the job. I can't be mad at that.

Great post!! I've been against bringing him back. Thank you for typing my reasons, as to why, out so nicely for me :up:

Last edited by a moderator:
Had you addressed me initially with your post, I would not have a problem with it and appologized. However, the way Expo brought it up did not make me feel as if he was attacking me just because he didn't feel like clicking on my link. He said nothing about a rule.

And as far as yesterday, I thought being called a spammer was a joke. I believe I explained that I wasn't trying to spam after I was accused.

I don't think people here hate Gasden. I for one don't hate him but they better not cut Tolver just to keep a hurting WR that has the feet of a 70 year old man and that probably won't play more than 1 year if he doesn't get hurt again this year.

Ozzy rules!!

Ok guys...

Chill out.

Expo ... calm down dude... if you feel he's spamming the board, then report the post. Please don't go vigilante on us. Technically, by calling him a "knob" you broke TOS also. We exchanged links with muddaconch's website last year, and may do so again this year. I understand your frustration, but this got out of hand, don't you think?

muddaconch, it is against TOS to post links to fan sites repeatedly on the boards.. it's OK in your signature though. Like I said, I did talk with AJ about your request to exchange links again... and we will probably take you up on it. In the meantime, you can keep the link in your signature.. but please don't post it anymore.

oh...and Prime Time, I appreciate your concern, and I know your intentions were good, but please, in the future, just bring it to a Staff member's attention... by stepping in like you did, you only put yourself in the middle, and could end up adding fuel to the fire.

Now... let's get back on topic..this thread was supposed to be about OG...remember?

no harm at having him back now but i hope the coaches dont give him a spot based on past yr's. but make him earn it personally i hope the young guys pan out and thompson steps up and we can get younger and not lose one of our guys because of og, but all the competition can only be a good thing for our team not neg. guys are gonna have to bust there buts to have a shot to play on this team. peace bro.s

Back
Top Bottom