Its Official! | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Its Official!

Bottom line is that it's a good thing to have OG back for training camp. That being said, I think Thompson will blow him out of the water when the pads come on, and OG will be back out of a job by September. Further, when Thompson becomes the #2 reciever, we'll be thanking OG for holding out, thus forcing us to pick the kid up. This is all unfounded prediction on my part of course.

Originally posted by WharfRat

Now... let's get back on topic..this thread was supposed to be about OG...remember?

Forget that. The topic already died down. Back to fellow finfans fighting. :eat:

:jk:

Back to topic....

Would stepping on someone's toes merit a penalty flag? :huh:

I really did not want OG to come back. We were a last resort for him. We are getting a guy who has great hands, not that fast will never gain 1000yds and at worst does not want to be here.

Originally posted by PhinPhan1227
Bottom line is that it's a good thing to have OG back for training camp. That being said, I think Thompson will blow him out of the water when the pads come on, and OG will be back out of a job by September. Further, when Thompson becomes the #2 reciever, we'll be thanking OG for holding out, thus forcing us to pick the kid up. This is all unfounded prediction on my part of course.

I completely agree I do think thompson can beat him out. But do you honestly think Wanny would cut OG.

I have a column coming out on this once the signing is official. Oooh, the suspense and drama!

I was so excited and happy with what this team has done in the off-season. Then this month happened. I am not happy with the Griese signing, although I do agree that it is a big improvement in the backup QB position. But somebody tell me how bringing OG back improves our WR position. I don't see it. Hopefully, he doesn't make it pass the cuts.

Originally posted by justafan

Forget that. The topic already died down. Back to fellow finfans fighting. :eat:

Good try, we're family and we agree to disagree, but when it comes to bills fans, we just dis....:D

Originally posted by Chubby

I completely agree I do think thompson can beat him out. But do you honestly think Wanny would cut OG.

In a heartbeat. Spielman already doesn't like him for letting has agent play drag ***...and as for Wanny, we're talking about the guy that dumped Daryl Gardener. If he's willing to axe Daryl WITHOUT having his replacement on the team, do you think he'd hesitate to dump OG if Thompson is the better Reciever in camp?

Originally posted by PhinPhan1227

In a heartbeat. Spielman already doesn't like him for letting has agent play drag ***...and as for Wanny, we're talking about the guy that dumped Daryl Gardener. If he's willing to axe Daryl WITHOUT having his replacement on the team, do you think he'd hesitate to dump OG if Thompson is the better Reciever in camp?

Actually, he already had Larry Chester- Gardner's replacement- on the team at the time they dumped Gardner. Chester was already slotted to replace Gardner altogether at DT while Gardner was set to move out to DE in an attempt to get more productivity out of his perennially damaged back.

Also, several teamates of Gardner's in Miami already had a problem with him and were (supposedly) lobbying to get him smacked if not fired altogether.

On the other hand, OG is still well liked by his teamates and is rumored to be wanted back by everyone from Jay Fiedler to several of the members of the defense. I wish him luck and hope all goes well here.

Originally posted by Expo88

Actually, he already had Larry Chester- Gardner's replacement- on the team at the time they dumped Gardner. Chester was already slotted to replace Gardner altogether at DT while Gardner was set to move out to DE in an attempt to get more productivity out of his perennially damaged back.

Also, several teamates of Gardner's in Miami already had a problem with him and were (supposedly) lobbying to get him smacked if not fired altogether.

On the other hand, OG is still well liked by his teamates and is rumored to be wanted back by everyone from Jay Fiedler to several of the members of the defense. I wish him luck and hope all goes well here.

In OG's case, Thompson and Tolver are considered similar wrs. Jackson and Newsome also have many similarities. So OG's replacement is already on the roster. He is, however, popular and in my opinion that's the only reason he was resigned. I doubt that it will be sufficient reason to keep him on the roster. Come Sept. he'll be unemployed waiting for an injury to occur. I was hoping he would sign with JAX b/c he would have made that roster. You hate to see a guy with a kid on the way unemployed. Hopefully he saved/invested well.

Hey, im happy we signed OG because its that much more depth. I honestly believe there is a strong possibility that he will be cut because we have better players on the team. Chambers and McKnight our the speedy guys (i still dont like mcdrop though) and thompson is our possesion/hands guy. I personally think if we keep 5 WR's then he should be #4 while Tolver is #5 that way we have some veteren strength for depth. If the dolphins cut Tolver i think it will be a HUGE mistake. Granted we havent even had training camp yet but this guy is amazing as is Thompson. Tolver will have so much potential to be a great WR one day and we need to keep him to help produce that.

Does any of yall know what tolver runs int he forty yard dash... is he fast, cause thats what we need in our receivers too?

Originally posted by Bazinet37
However, how would you have had me handle it? Not addressing it and not informing you of your error? I'm not sure that there was any other way

I would suggest handling it the exact what the TOS states to by sending a PM, then a PM and an email. Either way, it's handled.

As for Oronde Gadsden, I wasn't one for signing him at all. He gave us the finger last season when we needed him. So now when he needs us, its our turn. But then I think about what that would do in our locker room...
....OG is a friend to many on the team. Removing the offer we gave him would of made more then a few upset and been a bad thing in the locker room even before training camp starts. That can't be a good way to start a season. So it would best fit all parties to sign him and bring him into camp.

Now........should OG not be able to perform and gets beat out by some of our younger WR's, then there is no bad blood in the locker room because he got beat out. And other players can respect that because they fight for their spots on the roster as well. OG doesn't make the team, no contract, no cash, and we have a better team. Right?

Ok, now lets say he does make it. He makes it because he's a good player that out performed another player. The other player gets cut, and we still have a better team. Right?

Even though I wouldn't of pissed in his mouth if his teeth were on fire, I still have to agree with the game plan the FO came up with on dealing with this situation. They saw the long plan and worked it well. Now the locker room can't be upset because we turned our backs on him. And we have more competition at the WR spot. May the best players win.

Back
Top Bottom