It's that Time . . . What do you think Miami will do with the #14 pick? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

It's that Time . . . What do you think Miami will do with the #14 pick?

What Do You Think Miami Does at #14?

• Marcus Peters - CB - Washington

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bud Dupree - DE - Kentucky

• Vic Beasley - LB - Clemson

• Arik Armstead - DT - Oregon

• Landon Collins - SS - Alabama

• Shane Ray - OLB/DE - Mizzou

• **Somebody Else** (Explain)

• **Trade for a Player** (Explain)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm the only one thus far who's voted for Eric Kendricks. Past history tells us the Dolphins will pass up an elite talent (Gurley?) and take an above average player at a position of need. It happens every year. So I'm going with Eric Kendricks. That's the most Dolphins pick they could make.

i'm seeing more and more top 20 potential pick stuff with kendricks as we approach the draft...it definitely fills the biggest need...thats a good point about the dolphins recent draft philosophy

---------- Post added at 08:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:14 AM ----------

I'd have said that too. Even though Johnson's stats aren't stellar and he's too grabby for the pros, I like his fiery attitude and his zone scheme fit. I could see Gurley, Agholor or Peters either. Most of those could be had with a trade-down. Hoping there's a 3-4 OLB, RB or PBS lineman at 14 that someone wants to move up for.

i think he's the 2nd corner off the board gaining momentum

Praying Shelton falls to 14. With Shelton and Suh clogging the middle, even Misi would look like an All Pro and our interior line would be set for 5 years. Too many good receivers in the latter rounds to take one with the 14th pick unless it's White or Cooper. Even a kid like Diggs from Maryland in the fourth round could be a star

If Tannenbaum is calling the shots: Trae Waynes

If Hickey is calling the shots: Todd Gurley

If I was calling the shots: La'el Collins

Obviously if Cooper, White, or even Scherff fall to us, we take them, but I'm trying to keep things realish....lol

I voted trade down. I do not think their targeted players will be there (Scherf, Parker, Waynes, etc), so I am hoping they can move back and get more picks. I believe Shane Ray getting busted may have cost us getting a premier pick.

This is my realistic best case scenario.

People think I'm crazy for thinking he will be there at 14 (and I probably am), but I can't ignore Scherff's injury history, his short arms that raised eyebrows at the combine, the conventional thinking that you don't pounce to draft a guard in the top 15, and the other linemen who teams may prefer for certain blocking schemes. It's not like Cooper or Leonard Williams falling to 14...Scherff has legit question marks.

For a team solid on the bookends but needing a TON of interior line help, like the Dolphins, he would be a perfect fit. That's a rather specific scenario. Again, probably will be proven wrong, but I wouldn't be shocked.

Don't agree with trading down that far with the cow**** i mean cowboys, i want best player at 14 for us. i would be happy if we move up or stay at 14, anyhow if we come out this draft with only 3 started ill one happy FAN

Please give me Shelton! Clogging the middle will free up Wake and Vernon to wreak havoc on the QB. We wont need any corners in this draft and can then afford a LB in the later rounds...maybe find a Jelani Jenkins steal. Doubt he lasts to 14 but you never know.

if u want a parker or a gurley to be there you probably are gonna need to see multiple olinemen go in that top 10...guys like peat and flowers...the tackle prospects...that would also help your chances with sherff if he is your target...i'm not sure if i buy the peat top 10 stuff i'm just glad that's not us

There are guys where if they're available I'm pretty sure the Dolphins will take them.

And then there are guys more likely to be there.

I went with Parker, someone out of the first group. Until the Shane Ray arrest I had figured one of the top edge guys would have dropped to us. But I find it hard to believe they'd take Ray so I doubt one of the other three will get there.

Haha wow. You can tell that most Miami fans are also sec fans! Gurley skyrocketing up the draft board here. I would be ok with that pick, I just think the round 1 wr talent is better than the round 1 rb talent considering the injury. I like Gordon a lot but feel he's a little too close to what we already have in Miller. Either way I think we can get a rb in the 4th.

I think we're going defense at 14, and definitely need to take a DB with one of our first 2 picks.

I guarantee we will not pick a RB at 14. 100% guarantee.

Try and trade down but if unable I agree with Balls. I can see them taking Kendricks at 14.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trade down with the Boys or Colts or any RB starved team for either Gurley or Gordon. Take either DT Malcolm Brown or OT Erick Fisher, who also has guard experience and is extremely athletic.

Back
Top Bottom