It's that Time . . . What do you think Miami will do with the #14 pick? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

It's that Time . . . What do you think Miami will do with the #14 pick?

What Do You Think Miami Does at #14?

• Marcus Peters - CB - Washington

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bud Dupree - DE - Kentucky

• Vic Beasley - LB - Clemson

• Arik Armstead - DT - Oregon

• Landon Collins - SS - Alabama

• Shane Ray - OLB/DE - Mizzou

• **Somebody Else** (Explain)

• **Trade for a Player** (Explain)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Pretty deep draft in which a lot of folks believe there isn't much difference between the 1st and 3rd after the first 15 players are drafted.
Wouldnt that be a good reason to actually stay put at 14?

Wouldnt that be a good reason to actually stay put at 14?
I think after the first 10. The top is realitively weak. If Gurley and Parker are gone i trade down bc the options for 14 stink. I can grab kendricks or kevin johnson and still pick up an extra 2nd

I think after the first 10. The top is realitively weak. If Gurley and Parker are gone i trade down bc the options for 14 stink. I can grab kendricks or kevin johnson and still pick up an extra 2nd
trade down scenerios assume we have the ammo someone else wants. I'm not sure we do.

I think its shelton or kendricks at 14. then they´ll take WR in the second, dorsett may be there, even perriman. if they do get shelton and a great WR with a jarvis landry value we will be set for years at defensive front and wr corps. it could be a huge homerun.

I'm saying we trade down with Philly, pick up a 3rd and more in the process, and then draft Kendricks or Johnson. I don't think any of the top 3 WRs nor Gurley will be there at 14.

Blow it, either draft a first rounder thats okay but not great like this franchise desperately needs, or one that is a outright bust or trade back, draft a bunch of scrubs that never pan out.

...Honestly I'm a little jaded at this point. I really do hope they find an awesome player.

Last edited by a moderator:
I voted trade down to mid 20's and grab our 3rd rounder back.

I dont have a clue who they may take. So many options. The only positions we dont need to consider with our first round pick is QB, RB (unless gurley or Gordon is there) and Centre

Very hard to see us pulling off a trade down.

If you think about it, teams will want to move ahead of higher teams who might want the player they want. So, a team trading up to our spot wants to get ahead of the 49ers, Texans, Chargers and Chiefs. It also needs to be a player that the team is sure Miami doesn't want, otherwise they'd try to trade ahead of us. The Chiefs need an RB, so why would we send out signals we'll take Gurley if we want someone to jump ahead of the Chiefs? The Texans would like a WR, yet we're also in the market for one of the top 3 if they fall. Who's going to jump ahead of HOU without wanting to jump ahead of us too?

We arguably don't want QBs, 3-4OLBs, PBS linemen, press-man CBs, TE, SS, and maybe slot WR. The players who are likely to fall to us in that bracket are Gregory, Dupree, Beasley, La'el Collins and Waynes. We might take Gregory and Dupree as 4-3 players, though they're not perfect fits. We arguably could take Collins and we've had Beasley in for a visit and met with him at the Combine. Waynes might be a press corner today, but he doesn't look rooted to the scheme like some others. There's nobody there a team could be sure we don't want.

Plus, right above us is NO, who are definitely in the hunt for 3-4 defensive players. A trade-up team would arguably want to get ahead of them.

The only possibility I see of a trade-up agreement before draft day is that there's a team who wants to move up to have a better shot at one of a few players who might make it to 14. Kind of a hit-and-hope move. On draft day, there's a small chance someone will get past NO who we could shop to the teams in the 20s - but imo it's a small chance.

The Gurley full-court press is to encourage a team to move ahead of us to take him, so someone else drops to us. That's my guess. I think that's a clue we're probably staying put. If it doesn't work out that way, it could mean we try to trade up for whoever the player is, but we lack ammo.

If they Dolphins stay at 14 I feel there enough players I would be happy with drafting..

Parker
Gurley
Waynes
Johnson

The way the draft looks like it could play out....K. Johnson looks like the most likely pick at 14.

[video=youtube;b6J2TrDKLNE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6J2TrDKLNE[/video]

So if the options at 14 stink, they'll be better in the later picks? lol that doesn't make sense man.

I think we wait to see what's there, I don't believe we'll trade up, with the lack of picks we have. If we either Gurley or Parker are there when we pick, I think we still wait to see if anyone calls us for a trade down, if they don't offer what we want, we take Gurley if he's there and Parker if he's not. If neither are there we start to desperately look for a trade partner and drop back. If no one wants to play, then we are kinda screwed, it might be the best thing that happens to us though as we would surely be in a BPA position then.

So if the options at 14 stink, they'll be better in the later picks? lol that doesn't make sense man.

Sure it does. Kendricks is a good LB. But is a reach at 14. I trade down and still get a good player.

As for the ammo for someone to trade up? Melvin Gordon. I know dallas wants a RB

Back
Top Bottom