It's time...Season Predictions...let's see what you got! | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

It's time...Season Predictions...let's see what you got!

DoLpHiNz34 said:
Season Record (9-7)

W vs Denver (1-0)

W at Jets (2-0)

W vs Carolina (3-0)

Bye

W at Buffalo (4-0)

W at TampaBay (5-0)

L vs Kansas City (5-1)

W at New Orleans (6-1)

L vs Atlanta (6-2)

L vs New England (6-3)

W at Cleveland (7-3)

L at Oakland (7-3)

W vs Buffalo (8-3)

L at San Diego (8-5)

L vs Jets (8-6)

W vs Tennessee (9-6)

L at New England (9-7)

:eek:
how do you go from 8-3 to 8-5 in one game:confused:

2005 Season Prediction: 8-8

W vs Denver (1-0)
L at NY Jets (1-1)
W vs Carolina (2-1)
L at Buffalo (2-2)
L at Tampa Bay (2-3)
W vs Kansas City (3-3)
W at New Orleans (4-3)
L vs Atlanta (4-4)
L vs New England (4-5)
W at Cleveland (5-5)
L at Oakland (5-6)
W vs Buffalo (6-6)
L at San Diego (6-7)
W vs NY Jets (7-7)
W vs Tennessee (8-7)
L at New England (8-8)

I'm hoping for 10-6 or 11-5, but I'll be realistic.....

tay0365 said:
Yes, but instead of just looking at the result (We sucked), did you look at why we sucked, why this team did not suck as much the year before?

Last year we lost our premeir RB, so we had no real running threat.......This year, we should have at the very least, competent RB.

Last year we had a Rookie O-coordinator who looked confused........this year we have a good O-coordinator.

Last year we lost our two starting DT at once (Which our defense relyed upon)......This year we should get back at least one of them, and our defense will not rely as heavy on the play of the DT.

Last year, 5 O-lineman (the most Expierienced only having 1 years under his belt) were put together and asked to perform, coached by one of the worst O-line coaches.....This year we have one of the best O-line coaches, coaching 5 players that have expierience with each other.

Last year we had a HC that was afraid to take chances on Offense, refused to make changes at halftime, and stubornly believed that the the defense not Offense would win the games.....This year we have a head coach that believes we need to take chances when they are there,allow the Offense to score, and defense secure the V. Also Not affraid to make changes at halftime.

This is a different team then last year, this team is closer to the team of 2003, then 2004, but with more depth on defense.

While you make many good points, keep in mind that "why" we sucked doesn't change the outcome on the field of play. Yes, there were many reasons and there have been steps taken to address that. However, your explanations above gloss over some very real problems.

Our QB has essentially rookie experience. He's now learning another system with yet another coach.

Our OL may have one year behind them, but they were deplorable last year. That was a key reason we had such poor offensive production. If they were half decent, we could have run to some degree. Or held the pass rush to allow the QB some time. Yes, they too have a new coach. He's not a magician. It takes a while to build a great OL.

Our defense is getting older. Zach and Junior are getting up there. Bowens can't be expected to play. His injury doesn't allow someone to take that kind of a beating. We've just lost our best DB. Even though our Defense may not rely on they play of the DT as you suggest, we now have it relying on Seau returning from a serious injury at his advanced age, and Zach who is aging and undersized. I love them both, but it is a lot to ask from them.

True, it is a different team. A better team with a more aggressive attitude. That's why I think 8 - 8 is realistic. People who are saying better than 10 wins are just deluding themselves with optimism.

i think were a 7-9 team 8-8 at best. Hope i'm proved wrong but IMO anyone predicting 10 or more wins has been in Rickys tent too long

fff1 said:
how do you go from 8-3 to 8-5 in one game:confused:

I guess in the loss to Oak, the final score was something like 69-68, and the league decided not to put that loss on our record since we made such a valiant effort. Then, a couple weeks later we lost to SD by a score of 55-0. We stunk so bad the league counted it as two losses :lol:

W vs Denver (1-0) We should have beaten them last year. And we got better, and they got worse.

W at NY Jets (2-0) Pennington still injured.

L vs Carolina (2-1) Let down game

W at Buffalo (3-1) Make Losman our Biaatch

W at Tampa Bay (4-1) No explanation, just a win

L vs Kansas City (4-2) Surtain and knight make us regret not having them. Close game though.

W at New Orleans (5-2)

L vs Atlanta (5-3) DVD offense is somewhat hampered but they still get enough to beat us. Atlanta's Beck rookie breakout game.

W vs New England (6-3) They cant win in miami.

W at Cleveland (7-3) Battle of the rookie coaches goes to saban.

L at Oakland (7-4) All the stupid analyts say december collapse is reemerging. Just a bad game on the West Coast.

W vs Buffalo (8-4) Embaress the bills once again at home, and clinch a non loosing record.

W at San Diego (9-4) Just Because Ill be there to watch. The fins bring there A game.

L vs NY Jets (9-5) Yet another let down, stops us from clinching the playoffs for now.

W vs Tennessee (10-5) Tied for division lead, Tennesse is still in too much disarray. But we clinch playoffs.

L at New England (10-6) These *******s gloat over costing us the division but we get 1st wild card and give new england its 8th win this season. But they still miss playoffs.

W Round 1 of playoffs @ Jets. payback for week 15 loss.

W Round 2 of playoffs @ Indy. Peyton once again looses to an AFC East team in the playoffs, why because the D is gone.

L AFC Championship to Steelers. Bettis comes to play and ends a sucessful season. Saban's first season ends like moras did last year and dolphin fans and espn shuts its mouth once again.

1st overall draft pick next season goes to Redskins.

WestCoastPhins said:
W vs Denver (1-0) We should have beaten them last year. And we got better, and they got worse.

W at NY Jets (2-0) Pennington still injured.

L vs Carolina (2-1) Let down game

W at Buffalo (3-1) Make Losman our Biaatch

W at Tampa Bay (4-1) No explanation, just a win

L vs Kansas City (4-2) Surtain and knight make us regret not having them. Close game though.

W at New Orleans (5-2)

L vs Atlanta (5-3) DVD offense is somewhat hampered but they still get enough to beat us. Atlanta's Beck rookie breakout game.

W vs New England (6-3) They cant win in miami.

W at Cleveland (7-3) Battle of the rookie coaches goes to saban.

L at Oakland (7-4) All the stupid analyts say december collapse is reemerging. Just a bad game on the West Coast.

W vs Buffalo (8-4) Embaress the bills once again at home, and clinch a non loosing record.

W at San Diego (9-4) Just Because Ill be there to watch. The fins bring there A game.

L vs NY Jets (9-5) Yet another let down, stops us from clinching the playoffs for now.

W vs Tennessee (10-5) Tied for division lead, Tennesse is still in too much disarray. But we clinch playoffs.

L at New England (10-6) These *******s gloat over costing us the division but we get 1st wild card and give new england its 8th win this season. But they still miss playoffs.

W Round 2 of playoffs @ Indy. Peyton once again looses to an AFC East team in the playoffs, why because the D is gone.

L AFC Championship to Steelers. Bettis comes to play and ends a sucessful season. Saban's first season ends like moras did last year and dolphin fans and espn shuts its mouth once again.

:lolcry:

Wow dude! Love the colorful commentary. I'm calling my bookie right now!

8-8...that would be a pretty big improvement IMO.

Go Fins!!!

No way does Saban, Houck and Linehan come in and install their systems without a major learning curve. What we have learned since the days of FA and the pairty it brought is that coaching is becoming a larger factor in the outcome of games. It will take a year for this team to adjust to all the new coaches and their playbooks but going forward from their I see a big jump in FIN success. This theory also applies to the pats whos coaching staff was raped and the jets who think they will get automatic improvement in their OC change. Im thinkin the east might not be one of the better divisons in football next year

between 6 and 9 wins

i think its still a rebuilding year. i wouldn't be too upset with this....

W vs Denver (1-0)

L at Jets (1-1)

W vs Carolina (2-1)

Bye

L at Buffalo (2-2)

L at TampaBay (2-3)

L vs Kansas City (2-4)

L at New Orleans (2-5)

W vs Atlanta (3-5)

L vs New England (3-6)

W at Cleveland (4-6)

L at Oakland (4-7)

W vs Buffalo (5-7)

L at San Diego (5-8)

W vs Jets (6-8)

L vs Tennessee (6-9)

L at New England (6-10)

jguig said:
Wow. the fans here are blinded by optimism. I've been a longer Dolfan longer (advanced age) than most of you and it makes me chuckle. C'mon guys, we sucked horribly last year. We have a whole new system and coaching staff. We've got guys coming back from serious injuries.

Yes, we all want to believe we'll contend this year, but realistically we'll probably be no better than .500. It takes more than one year to rebuild. I fully expect next year to be our return to glory.

Not to mention we've got the toughest schedule. 8-8 seems to be the benchmark for me: any less would be a disappointment, any more, a pleasent surprise.

DoLpHiNz34 said:
Season Record (9-7)

L vs New England (6-3)

W at Cleveland (7-3)

L at Oakland (7-3)

W vs Buffalo (8-3)

L at San Diego (8-5)

L vs Jets (8-6)

W vs Tennessee (9-6)

L at New England (9-7)

:eek:

Our team last year bet the pasties. this year our team is bigger, stonger and better than last year! and to top it all off they are worse! brady will be under more pressure throw more picks use dillon too much and wear him out and we will win!!!!

WestCoastPhins said:

Either :redeye: or :crazy:

Back
Top Bottom