I've Been Debating Whether Or Not It Would Be Smart......... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I've Been Debating Whether Or Not It Would Be Smart.........

Would you like the Dolphins to Move up in the Draft???

• Yes and surrender their first Round Pick this year and next year in order to do so.........

Votes: 9 7.6%
  • Yes as long as it is for a starting QB and #RT17 is included in the trade (keep their #1 next year)

Votes: 9 7.6%
  • NO!!! Stay at #11and take the best pick that falls to the Fins.....

Votes: 94 79.0%
  • None of the Above....I propose the following..............................

Votes: 7 5.9%

• Total voters

NYC#1finsfan

Active Roster
Reaction score
To pool whatever assets the Dolphins have and move up in the draft and grab a QB or whomever they truly desire. I'm curious as what you think now that we are a hair over a week away from D-Day.........

I'm not a gambler per se but if Adam G and the rest of the crew really likes a particular player and wants to move up and get them I'm all behind them. I prefer we don't move way up to lose that first next year but in reality a future star is a star so in support if they like someone go get him.

I think we're almost all in agreement that given the state of the team, the roster, Tannehill coming back at full health and with some holes still remaining it's just not the propitious time to burn a lot of draft capital moving up in round one. If all the QBs are gone at 11, it means we can draft a star defensive player that can come right in and help us win games. The second round should be devoted to the TE position. If we don't select a TE at #42, we will regret it because this is where the blue chip TEs will be coming off the board. We simply have to land a big time player here to fill the huge void at TE, we have nobody!!!!!! After that get a Safety and a QB and BPA from there.

What if Josh Rosen is sitting there at #6???? Do you call Indy with trade offers?

Professional football executives don't like to get turned down, let alone laughed at.

The team with AJ McCarron penciled in as starter and picks 12, 21, 53, 55, 65 and 96 might be more inclined to "make the call".

Buffalo would gladly pay the price that you have in your head as the perceived value of this trade up.

I guess that short of Barkley being on the board at #6 the consensus is stay at #11 and let the chips fall where they may? Or even so?

I think we're almost all in agreement that given the state of the team, the roster, Tannehill coming back at full health and with some holes still remaining it's just not the propitious time to burn a lot of draft capital moving up in round one. If all the QBs are gone at 11, it means we can draft a star defensive player that can come right in and help us win games. The second round should be devoted to the TE position. If we don't select a TE at #42, we will regret it because this is where the blue chip TEs will be coming off the board. We simply have to land a big time player here to fill the huge void at TE, we have nobody!!!!!! After that get a Safety and a QB and BPA from there.

It really is this simple.

Reactions: BSQ
For Rosen? If Gase loves him and is "obsessed" with him...then do it...ditto for Mayfield.

Otherwise...I'm content with staying at 11 and drafting a guy on D...or trading back, picking up a few extra picks and drafting a guy like Reid from Stanford at FS.

For Rosen? If Gase loves him and is "obsessed" with him...then do it...ditto for Mayfield.

Otherwise...I'm content with staying at 11 and drafting a guy on D...or trading back, picking up a few extra picks and drafting a guy like Reid from Stanford at FS.

This is also my stance. If Gase has found what he sees as the future franchise QB, then I am okay with trading up. Otherwise, I am good with Edmunds, James, Smith, or Fitzpatrick. In the unlikely event that all are gone, I would work the phones and trade down. I don't like anyone else at that spot for us.

Back
Top Bottom