I've Been Debating Whether Or Not It Would Be Smart......... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I've Been Debating Whether Or Not It Would Be Smart.........

Would you like the Dolphins to Move up in the Draft???

• Yes and surrender their first Round Pick this year and next year in order to do so.........

Votes: 9 7.6%
  • Yes as long as it is for a starting QB and #RT17 is included in the trade (keep their #1 next year)

Votes: 9 7.6%
  • NO!!! Stay at #11and take the best pick that falls to the Fins.....

Votes: 94 79.0%
  • None of the Above....I propose the following..............................

Votes: 7 5.9%

• Total voters
I think we're almost all in agreement that given the state of the team, the roster, Tannehill coming back at full health and with some holes still remaining it's just not the propitious time to burn a lot of draft capital moving up in round one. If all the QBs are gone at 11, it means we can draft a star defensive player that can come right in and help us win games. The second round should be devoted to the TE position. If we don't select a TE at #42, we will regret it because this is where the blue chip TEs will be coming off the board. We simply have to land a big time player here to fill the huge void at TE, we have nobody!!!!!! After that get a Safety and a QB and BPA from there.

I think you’re all in love with being 9-7.

The secondary worry is that with the Jets and Bills in position to grab a franchise guy, if they hit on their picks we are going to be basement AFC east dwellers for a long while, forcing our need next year and the year after and so on.

You can blame Ross. Hiring Philbin, with his dink-and-dunk offense and ineffective defense was a complete failure. Ross can be forgiven for that, but not for turning around and hiring another inexperienced Head Coach who wants to run a similar offense and defense as Philbin ran... that's just dumb! Add to that the fact that Ross hired (and subsequently promoted) Tannenbaum when no one else would give him a job just shows that Miami will never have any sustainable success as long as Ross is the owner.

To pool whatever assets the Dolphins have and move up in the draft and grab a QB or whomever they truly desire. I'm curious as what you think now that we are a hair over a week away from D-Day.........
I'm not sure you fully understand how much "assets" it takes to move up to the top of the first round. Not to mention, if you pick the wrong qb after "pooling your assets", it will set a franchise back many years.

The answer is easy, stay put.

Well now that the schedule makers have shown absolutely no respect to the Dolphins whatsoever I say make a big splash and shock the NFL world by doing something out of the box. I don't care if we have other needs, we will address them somehow. This organization needs an infusion of "look at me" right now and since we're not supposed to win many games no matter what we do, a splashy move would be nice.

Well now that the schedule makers have shown absolutely no respect to the Dolphins whatsoever I say make a big splash and shock the NFL world by doing something out of the box. I don't care if we have other needs, we will address them somehow. This organization needs an infusion of "look at me" right now and since we're not supposed to win many games no matter what we do, a splashy move would be nice.
No respect? How's that? Home opener, perfect bye week, no cold weather games, all 1 pm starts at home for weather advantage, seems like they did us a solid this season.

I'm not sure you fully understand how much "assets" it takes to move up to the top of the first round. Not to mention, if you pick the wrong qb after "pooling your assets", it will set a franchise back many years.

The answer is easy, stay put.

Agreed. And it seems moving up to near the top won't be using the draft pick value chart. It will cost a LOT more.

To pool whatever assets the Dolphins have and move up in the draft and grab a QB or whomever they truly desire. I'm curious as what you think now that we are a hair over a week away from D-Day.........

The only way to know if it were smart is if the player chosen wins the QB job over Tannehill, goes deep into the playoffs/wins the super bowl this year. If this were done for this draft, Tannenbaum/Grier/Gase's seat warmer will be turnt to 1 Million degrees.

Agreed. And it seems moving up to near the top won't be using the draft pick value chart. It will cost a LOT more.
Do you think Philly and LA feel that way? How about the Giants? You set your franchise back way more by not taking a chance to get an elite QB. We have seen that for the past 20 years. There is no one available at 11 that puts us in the Super Bowl in 2018. I don't care if Smith or Edmunds turns out to be Ray Lewis. We have a middle class roster all over the field, but even if we didn't we saw in the early 2000s what happens if you have a very good defense, running game, and oline gets you if you don't have the elite QB. I would much rather take a shot a getting an elite QB, even if its a bust, than watching this team being content going 6-10/10-6 for the next 20 years. On the other hand you land an elite guy, IE Rogers, Brady, Rothlisberger etc etc you compete for championships year in and year out.

Every year we whine about being average to mediocre, and every off season the majority of the fans think its to risky to go for a franchise QB. Sitting back and being safe didn't work when we drafted Ronnie Brown and Jake Long instead of gambling on a franchise QB. It didn't work when we passed on Brees to get Fletcher. I am so sick of watching all the teams taking a shot at greatness while we sit back and continue to accept mediocre.

Go where you have to go to get who you want. Don't commit to anything pre draft.

I'm with Dajesus! Time to make that splashy move and get all the press talking Dolphins.................

As much as I like #RT17, and I do like him a lot, I would give up anything to get the QB that Gase wants. It's time to make a sexy move that this organization so desperately needs.

It's genius if the QB develops into a franchise QB. It's the worst move of all time if he's a bust. In other words, it's a huge gamble. We haven't had a franchise QB since Dan Marino so we're at the point where you can't be frustrated if they feel confident in a guy and they make the move.

I'll welcome it, regardless of the compensation, as long as it's a QB with Adam Gase's stamp of approval. And it's got to be known; if the QB fails then it's a complete failure for Gase and he goes with him. I'm good with him getting a shot to develop his hand selected QB.

Personally, I think it's Josh Rosen and I think it's very possible that we will make a move to go up and get him. Won't have to move up far. I think he's the fourth QB selected because of question marks surrounding him that shouldn't be question marks. Meanwhile, he's consistently shown on the football field that he has the tools to be an elite NFL QB. I'd take him at #1 overall.

Move up. Draft Rosen. Start Tannehill this season and hope he plays well enough while staying healthy to get your 2019 pick back.

You sound like you're in Marketing. ;)

Seriously, I don't think "look at me me" ,or splash in of itself wins any games unless you pick the right guy. I don't see anyone who is can't miss enough to take that gamble.

To me it sounds like the Browns will take Allen. The Giants hinted that they only have eyes for Darnold and the Jets are all ga ga over Baker. That means Rosen will slide IMHO. Also means Chubb or Barkley slide a bit.

Back
Top Bottom