I've Been Debating Whether Or Not It Would Be Smart......... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I've Been Debating Whether Or Not It Would Be Smart.........

Would you like the Dolphins to Move up in the Draft???

• Yes and surrender their first Round Pick this year and next year in order to do so.........

Votes: 9 7.6%
  • Yes as long as it is for a starting QB and #RT17 is included in the trade (keep their #1 next year)

Votes: 9 7.6%
  • NO!!! Stay at #11and take the best pick that falls to the Fins.....

Votes: 94 79.0%
  • None of the Above....I propose the following..............................

Votes: 7 5.9%

• Total voters
To me it sounds like the Browns will take Allen. The Giants hinted that they only have eyes for Darnold and the Jets are all ga ga over Baker. That means Rosen will slide IMHO. Also means Chubb or Barkley slide a bit.

If this is the case then you give Denver or Indy what they want and go get Rosen.

It's genius if the QB develops into a franchise QB. It's the worst move of all time if he's a bust. In other words, it's a huge gamble. We haven't had a franchise QB since Dan Marino so we're at the point where you can't be frustrated if they feel confident in a guy and they make the move.

I'll welcome it, regardless of the compensation, as long as it's a QB with Adam Gase's stamp of approval. And it's got to be known; if the QB fails then it's a complete failure for Gase and he goes with him. I'm good with him getting a shot to develop his hand selected QB.

Personally, I think it's Josh Rosen and I think it's very possible that we will make a move to go up and get him. Won't have to move up far. I think he's the fourth QB selected because of question marks surrounding him that shouldn't be question marks. Meanwhile, he's consistently shown on the football field that he has the tools to be an elite NFL QB. I'd take him at #1 overall.

Move up. Draft Rosen. Start Tannehill this season and hope he plays well enough while staying healthy to get your 2019 pick back.

I fully agree with you.
The only thing I'd like to add is that I'd also be happy with the Dolphins "overdrafting" Lamar Jackson or Mason Rudolph with the 11th draft pick, if Adam Gase says that one of them is the guy he wants to build his team around for the next deacade.

Last edited:
I really think one of the top 4 QB's will slide, still don't want him tho. stand pat, if you want a QB see if he slides, if not get a day 3 guy, unless you can trade back in the first and get an extra 2nd or 3rd, then get a day 2 QB. I know real life is nothing like video games, but when I used to play madden, they had what was called Ultimate Team, your given a stack of players that start generic and horrible, think Fales as your starting QB, then through auctions, (spending real $$$), events, challenges, you unlock better cards..players to swap in. I hated the mode at first cause I only liked using the Fins, when the game started getting old and repetitive after playing it every year since like 1991 I said ill give Madden Ultimate Team a try. I was new to it, I'd have a player rated good at 82, but burn coins in trying to get the Elite player at 86, while ignoring I still had such and such at 70 overall. So thinking in a video game world with the first pick do we want to select rookie QB who is probably going to be 78 (with potential for growth) to tannehills 82 which isn't going to show benefits. or do we look at our stack of cards and see Stephone Anthony is penciled in as starter at OLB rated 65 and roquan smith is available at 11 rated at 78. Overall it makes more sense to go ahead and get the player that is going to make overall team better.

I joked about Tannebaum trading up for an OLB, but I could honestly see him doing something like that. OLB in first round is one of the few positions that would make the team better overall

I agree with this 99% .The only part that I disagree with is the QB's next year(I also read it not very good until I looked),and it's a pretty decent class.Check it out it's not bad.
Other than Locke, who i would rank maybe 5th in this years class, who else? And no Fromm. No guarantee he comes out after his Soph year.

I'm with Dajesus! Time to make that splashy move and get all the press talking Dolphins.................

A "Splashy move" has just as much chance of ultimate failure as a non Splashy move.

As much as I like #RT17, and I do like him a lot, I would give up anything to get the QB that Gase wants. It's time to make a sexy move that this organization so desperately needs.

Gase has said countless times that Tannehill is his QB of choice and yet so many people post that they would be happy with a QB If he gets Gases Stamp of approval. I don't get it. Whats the point of asking for Gases stamp of approval on someone like Josh Rosen if you wont accept it for Tannehill

If Tannehill is TRULY Gase's QB then I am 100000% behind him. We will see in 5 days. I am a Tannehill supporter, believe me.

A "Splashy move" has just as much chance of ultimate failure as a non Splashy move.

Gase has said countless times that Tannehill is his QB of choice and yet so many people post that they would be happy with a QB If he gets Gases Stamp of approval. I don't get it. Whats the point of asking for Gases stamp of approval on someone like Josh Rosen if you wont accept it for Tannehill
Good use of logic that is not seen often enough here.

Other than Locke, who i would rank maybe 5th in this years class, who else? And no Fromm. No guarantee he comes out after his Soph year.

Finley is a good QB.Lock is obvious.Bryant isn't bad.i am not sleeping on Thorson or Fitzgerald.
Hansen is probably more interesting because of his overall physical skill set.
Also let's clarify 1 thing too that it's decent and not horrible but not great like last year.
1 other guy who is right down the road from me is Anderson who is an interesting guy .I always root for local schools.Dungey is horrible either.

Finley is a good QB.Lock is obvious.Bryant isn't bad.i am not sleeping on Thorson or Fitzgerald.
Hansen is probably more interesting because of his overall physical skill set.
Also let's clarify 1 thing too that it's decent and not horrible but not great like last year.
1 other guy who is right down the road from me is Anderson who is an interesting guy .I always root for local schools.Dungey is horrible either.
Thorson will probably end up as a backup somewhere. All the others list I would bet never start an NFL game. They are late rd picks, major projects. I don't really see any NFL there. Don't get me wrong, some are descent college players but not NFL quality. Now 1 might break the odds but I wouldn't bet on it. To much of a gamble for me. QB talent lies in this year's class. Otherwise it's 2-3 more years down the road. One outlier for me next year is Grier. A dark horse for the heisman. Could surprise people next year.

I voted No, stay at 11.

There is going to be at least 1 top tier talent at 11. We are at a sweet spot. The QB's will likely go before us, but the contract at 11 is better than the one higher up, and I believe someone falls to us in the feeding frenzy for specific positions. As long as we are open to taking that player, we're in a great spot. Not every pick is great, obviously, but here is a highlight of some past #11 overalls since 2000:

Year Name
2011...JJ Watt
2007...Patrick Willis
2005...Demarcus Ware
2004...Ben Roethlisberger
2002...Dwight Freeney

Watt was considered a workout warrior, not a difference maker. Willis was considered an average grinder for a smallish SEC program. Ware was considered a projection as he came from a small school (Troy State), ditto for Roethlisberger (Miami of Ohio). Freeney was considered a one-trick pony. They all became truly great players. You can see why they fell ... question marks. Some others were not quite as sparkling, like 2013 DJ Fluker, 2012 Dontari Poe, 2010 Anthony Davis, 2009 Aaron Maybin, 2008 Leodis McKelvin, 2006 Jay Cutler, 2003 Marcus Trufant, 2001 Dan Morgan (MLB from Miami), 2000 Ron Dayne. So yeah, there are misses too. But to me 11 looks like a pretty good spot. When you look at the mocks, it's hard to identify a combo where the 11th pick isn't offering a top tier talent. I'd stay at 11.

We should trade down but, T-Dumb will move up, lose picks and draft the wrong player. Hello mediocrity:wall

I really think one of the top 4 QB's will slide, still don't want him tho. stand pat, if you want a QB see if he slides, if not get a day 3 guy, unless you can trade back in the first and get an extra 2nd or 3rd, then get a day 2 QB. I know real life is nothing like video games, but when I used to play madden, they had what was called Ultimate Team, your given a stack of players that start generic and horrible, think Fales as your starting QB, then through auctions, (spending real $$$), events, challenges, you unlock better cards..players to swap in. I hated the mode at first cause I only liked using the Fins, when the game started getting old and repetitive after playing it every year since like 1991 I said ill give Madden Ultimate Team a try. I was new to it, I'd have a player rated good at 82, but burn coins in trying to get the Elite player at 86, while ignoring I still had such and such at 70 overall. So thinking in a video game world with the first pick do we want to select rookie QB who is probably going to be 78 (with potential for growth) to tannehills 82 which isn't going to show benefits. or do we look at our stack of cards and see Stephone Anthony is penciled in as starter at OLB rated 65 and roquan smith is available at 11 rated at 78. Overall it makes more sense to go ahead and get the player that is going to make overall team better.

I joked about Tannebaum trading up for an OLB, but I could honestly see him doing something like that. OLB in first round is one of the few positions that would make the team better overall
Let’s not base anything on madden ultimate team.... if any thing lets go from their ratings in the normal game lol

I actually hope the 4th QB out of this group falls to us and allows us to trade DOWN so we can grab multiple picks.

Let’s not base anything on madden ultimate team.... if any thing lets go from their ratings in the normal game lol

you get my drift though. no MUT's ratings or even maddens ratings aren't something to go by. what I was saying is, you shouldn't target a slightly better player at a position that is already good, if you don't replace a position you feel has a B- player and add a B+ player, when you are starting a D+ player. A team full of B- players, is better than 2 B+ ,7 B-, and 2 D+. those D players are going to do more damage to your starting unit than the positives of the ones you slightly upgraded. I don't care if Tannehill is rated 50 or 99 in madden, what we see on the field is what matters, I was just using MUT as my thought behind team building. I just think that Tannehill is a B level player where as a start like Anthony at OLB, or if we had to start a current tight end on our rost would be a D, why no focus on bringing that up to at least a B and ignore the QB that's sliding.

I suggest moving down; hopefully adding an extra pick this year and possibly stockpiling picks for next year. Then, clean house completely after Tannenbaum, Grier, and Gase prove their ineptness during the 2018 season. There's no way I want the current regime to select a new QB because I don't think they'll be around for much longer. The entire Front Office has been a fiasco for years, and Gase isn't much better than Philbin as Head Coach. Gase even likes the same style of offense (and o-line play) as Philbin, and they both seem to love having ex-Bengal coaches (with their respective ineffective defensive schemes) as their DC. Let the next regime choose their own QB.

So don't even give them a chance....got it, makes lots of sense.

Back
Top Bottom