J.Chase has to be a physical receiver, whenever he stutter steps he really slows down. | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

J.Chase has to be a physical receiver, whenever he stutter steps he really slows down.

To those who are picking traits apart...

Do you get paid by a college/NFL team to do this, or are like like most of us...work your 9-5, watch the game of the week on ABC and combine that with Youtube videos?

This is crazy "...he really slows down when he stutter steps."

To those who are picking traits apart...

Do you get paid by a college/NFL team to do this, or are like like most of us...work your 9-5, watch the game of the week on ABC and combine that with Youtube videos?

This is crazy "...he really slows down when he stutter steps."
Thank you for your informed opinion. Please explain what is allowed and not allowed on a fan message board, I certainly hate that I have wasted your time away from your 9-5. I will try to do better with your guidance.

Thank you for your informed opinion. Please explain what is allowed and not allowed on a fan message board, I certainly hate that I have wasted your time away from your 9-5. I will try to do better with your guidance.
Answer the question because if you are a paid pundit with 1,000's of hours of tape in your rearview and more frequent flier miles than you can shake a stick at then I'll remove my post because you have the elbow grease need to make an informed opinion...

IJS, if you are just an Average Joe with an opinion then I can better address you....

Answer the question because if you are a paid pundit with 1,000's of hours of tape in your rearview and more frequent flier miles than you can shake a stick at then I'll remove my post because you have the elbow grease need to make an informed opinion...

IJS, if you are just an Average Joe with an opinion then I can better address you....
This is just sad....

I'm just an old guy now, but in my youth, yes, I did get paid to do scout players and have 1000s of hours of tape in my rearview...but you don't need all of that to be able to post a reasonable evaluation of a player.

I'm just an old guy now, but in my youth, yes, I did get paid to do scout players and have 1000s of hours of tape in my rearview...but you don't need all of that to be able to post a reasonable evaluation of a player.
Key word..."reasonsble".

I haven't viewed anything you've written about his "stutter step", so what is your expert take on it?

Key word..."reasonsble".
And the OP presented a reasonable evaluation. Getting off the line is not Chase's best skill. His workout metrics were pretty outstanding. I think all of them were in the 89th percentile or better, except for his 3-cone which was in the 41st percentile. His quickness off the line factually isn't great. PFF stated, "Not the shiftiest. Doesn't threaten corners right off the line." Earlier I stated, "Chase isn't great at getting a clean release off the line. He tends to let the DB into his body and then uses his strength to muscle him off." The only unreasonable part is people attacking the OP for stating something that should be obvious to most.

I haven't viewed anything you've written about his "stutter step", so what is your expert take on it?
Most WRs have some kind of a stutter step off their release. Some are quicker than others. Watch some tape of Davante Adams, he's a master. But Chase isn't one of the quicker ones. He relies on strength more than quickness.

Most WRs have some kind of a stutter step off their release. Some are quicker than others. Watch some tape of Davante Adams, he's a master. But Chase isn't one of the quicker ones. He relies on strength more than quickness.
Ok...this is an example of not buying a Ferrari because it has a dent on it.

This is why IMO this post is unreasonable/nitpicking.

Are people nitpicking Smith not running at his pro day? Not being elite at 50/50 balls? Not being strong off the line? His footwork is elite, but what happens when somebody like Jaire Alexander matches him with footwork and shoves him into the ground?

It's nitpicking with Chase and it needs to be addressed.

For the record, my WR of choice is Waddle so I don't really have a dog in this fight.

And the OP presented a reasonable evaluation. Getting off the line is not Chase's best skill. His workout metrics were pretty outstanding. I think all of them were in the 89th percentile or better, except for his 3-cone which was in the 41st percentile. His quickness off the line factually isn't great. PFF stated, "Not the shiftiest. Doesn't threaten corners right off the line." Earlier I stated, "Chase isn't great at getting a clean release off the line. He tends to let the DB into his body and then uses his strength to muscle him off." The only unreasonable part is people attacking the OP for stating something that should be obvious to most.
No one is attacking the OP. They are stating what's wrong with over thinking. Secondly..you can watch YouTube highlights until you're blue in the face. It does not tell the Chase story. I could care less if he outmuscles every DB off the line or not. He gains separation and he does so in any manner you want. He can run a slant, an out...deep. Some team (may not be the Dolphins) is going to be smart enough to draft him and reap the benefits.

I don't even think he'll be A dolphin but he is 1a. If you're scouting off of YouTube takes, your going to miss how complete he is.

Back
Top Bottom