J-Off's 2016 Draft Review for the Miami Dolphins | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

J-Off's 2016 Draft Review for the Miami Dolphins

I think it's clear that defense was the direction in the first until Tannenbum hired somebody to hack Tunsil's Twitter. That would have resulted in a more balanced draft overall, depending on how it impacted the 2nd round pick. My guess (hope) is it would have been Jack, then still Howard.

I think you're right, but I also think Gase's input was all over this draft!

Great writeup J.

Combo of information and good writing without emotional baggage to color it. This site needs more guys like you.

I too thought the draft was more solid than people give it credit for. Excited to see how these players pan out.

Thank you, Aqua and Orange! It was a very strange draft for Miami, so I understand some of the negativity/disillusionment. Opinions on direction and specific players will differ, but while the direction surprised me, I'm a fan of most of the players. If you don't like the direction or the players, you'll hate the draft. I've seen some of that, and I understand it.

J-Off You need to take this to any of the S Fla. Papers (take your pick) and demand a job! They'd be stupid not to hire you and you'd have a nice fan base here behind you. Nice job!

Thanks very much, theOutback! I'm happy that the good folks of FH are enjoying the review.

Thanks for the informative post! After watching our offense year after year, I do not understand why any fan would criticize drafting speed and big play ability during the third round. We have been missing both of these attributes for many years.

Nicely done J, I know it took much work, and time on your part. Thanks

Nice read. If these guys actually pan out as projected here, it would be a truly stellar draft.

Very, very nice read. Great job j. I was ok with the Drake pick until they took the Texas Tech kid. Then it became baffling to me. We'll see how it works out but I think they could have used a different player there. Especially when Simmons or Prosise or Dixon or Booker still there. I would have preferred Simmons.

Very, very nice read. Great job j. I was ok with the Drake pick until they took the Texas Tech kid. Then it became baffling to me. We'll see how it works out but I think they could have used a different player there. Especially when Simmons or Prosise or Dixon or Booker still there. I would have preferred Simmons.

Thanks Lou! Simmons would have been a great get. I think he'll do big things in Denver. The Drake/Grant combo is the most perplexing player-selection aspect of the draft for Miami. Makes me feel a little better, knowing that Gase is a sharp guy, but I don't get it.

Thanks Lou! Simmons would have been a great get. I think he'll do big things in Denver. The Drake/Grant combo is the most perplexing player-selection aspect of the draft for Miami. Makes me feel a little better, knowing that Gase is a sharp guy, but I don't get it.
Wonder if Grant was just a luxury pick they couldn't pass on or do they envision a package that has both these players on the field at the same time..... hmmmm

The Drake pick was puzzling. We really don't have a replacement if Ajayi goes down. Still hoping they sign Foster.

exactly. They had better rbs who would be able to spili carries with ajayi and rated as better rbs. The drake pick bugged me as it is, especially knowing they traded up. Yeah but isn't arian foster injury prone too? I hope they find a rb in FA or good rb that's cute after camp that is good, but on a rb loaded team that miami gets to share the backfield ajayi and drake is the no 3 runningback to be used in certain packages but the FA back is who shares or splits carrier with ajayi, not drake. He's not a rb for that.

Great write up. Gas mask gate, lol. Bonghazi is another good one.

I was dying for an upgrade to the offensive line and never in a million years did I think we'd land the best one in the draft, AFTER trading down. I have a ton of confidence that this coaching staff can point this kid in the right direction, so the trade back for Maxwell/Alonso + Tunsil worked out better than anyone expected.

We knew Grimes had to go at the end of last season and they added two big boundary CBs (Maxwell, Howard) plus a couple guys with potential (Ifo Ekpre Olumu, Jordan Lucas). Not bad for one offseason.

The draft will depend on how the players turn out, but the game plan and execution of the offseason was pretty damn solid IMO.

Love all the optomism hope all you guys on this bandwagon are correct. Just feel like I have been to this same party before with the phins and it did not end well. Tannabaum track record gives little hope IMO. But hey Spielman was hated around here and has done well at the vikes. So maybe.

this is well done but my thoughts are you put way too much emphasis on test scores and not enough on tape and that you are gonna learn that lesson

Back
Top Bottom