J-Off's 2024 OT's | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums
Circling back to Fautanu and maybe getting a more pass blocking oriented Tackle to play guard might be wise since our new Center is more run blocking oriented.

Same. I think Fautanu is probably the most realistic option, but who knows? I did a mock, and all the OL I liked at 21 were off the board, and I can see that happening.
In that case I am either trading down or taking Thomas, Mitchell, Wiggins, or Bowers. If they are all gone (I doubt it) then I take Kris Jenkins to replace Wilkins.

TStead’s reworked contract/retirement talk puts OT at the top of the list of “needs” heading into the draft. If the board lands right, that’s what the Fins are drafting

(No restructure on Tyreek’s contract is a little weird and, if there is no restructure then WR is 1B).

I think Alt and Latham go very early (Titans and Chargers). They seem to be the top 2.

Then there are the T/G prospects that some teams will pass on because they don’t meet certain thresholds - Fuaga and Fautanu. They could slip to 21 and, if so, either would be a steal for the Fins (LG for Year 1 and then bump out to LT moving forward).

Then there are the three dancing bears: Fashanu, Mims and Guyton. I think any of those three at 21 is the pick, as well. (I like Guyton the best of those three).

My biggest question right now is who at another position would have to fall to 21 for me to NOT want to take one of those 7 OLs?

TStead’s reworked contract/retirement talk puts OT at the top of the list of “needs” heading into the draft. If the board lands right, that’s what the Fins are drafting

(No restructure on Tyreek’s contract is a little weird and, if there is no restructure then WR is 1B).

I think Alt and Latham go very early (Titans and Chargers). They seem to be the top 2.

Then there are the T/G prospects that some teams will pass on because they don’t meet certain thresholds - Fuaga and Fautanu. They could slip to 21 and, if so, either would be a steal for the Fins (LG for Year 1 and then bump out to LT moving forward).

Then there are the three dancing bears: Fashanu, Mims and Guyton. I think any of those three at 21 is the pick, as well. (I like Guyton the best of those three).

My biggest question right now is who at another position would have to fall to 21 for me to NOT want to take one of those 7 OLs?

Any particular reason you prefer Guyton to Mims and Fashanu? They both look way ahead of Guyton to me, and the consensus, and Mims is the most talented of those three. I see Guyton as more of a potential target at 53 than 21.

But, I agree with your premise. For me, it's those 6 + Powers-Johnson (who seems less likely at this point). So, say it's Alt, Latham, Mims, Fashanu, Fuaga, Fautanu. It's possible all 6 are off the board by 21. But, assuming 1 is left, only McConkey and Thomas Jr would give me pause. This is assuming Bowers is long gone, as he should be.

I love McConkey, but I'd still lean OL at 21. Dallas Turner is the only defensive player in the class that I'd consider drafting over 1 of those 6, and he'll also be long gone.

In that case I am either trading down or taking Thomas, Mitchell, Wiggins, or Bowers. If they are all gone (I doubt it) then I take Kris Jenkins to replace Wilkins.

Jenkins is very similar to Wilkins, but idk how hellbent Miami will be on replacing Wilkins in a 1-for-1 fashion.

Mitchell is probably the 2nd best defensive prospect in the class, but I'd take Fautanu over him for Miami.

If Bowers is there, I don't care who else is on the board. That's the pick. I might take Thomas Jr ahead of Fautanu; I'd be inclined to, but it'd be a tough call.

Last edited:
Jenkins is very similar to Wilkins, but idk how hellbent Miami will be on replacing Wilkins in a 1-for-1 fashion. I think they'll

Mitchell is probably the 2nd best defensive prospect in the class, but I'd take Fautanu over him for Miami.

If Bowers is there, I don't care who else is on the board. That's the pick. I might take Thomas Jr ahead of Fautanu; I'd be inclined to, but it'd be a tough call.
Agree on all 3 points.

I would like to beef up the DL but I am not looking for a Wilkins clone.

I would go with Fautanu over Mitchell as well and Bowers would blow up all my plans, he is just too good.

Won't happen but imagine McD moving him all around the formation with Hill and Waddle demanding all the attention.

What would you guys do if all of the tackles are gone by pick 21? Obviously trade down if someone special at a different position isn't sitting there and you get a fair deal, but what would you do if you are faced with Barton, Morgan, or Suamataia at pick #21? I have been faced with decision more than a few times in a draft simulator. Usually one or more of the better DTs are available when this happens, but I don't love the idea of taking a DT there because there seems to be plenty of them available later.

What would you guys do if all of the tackles are gone by pick 21? Obviously trade down if someone special at a different position isn't sitting there and you get a fair deal, but what would you do if you are faced with Barton, Morgan, or Suamataia at pick #21? I have been faced with decision more than a few times in a draft simulator. Usually one or more of the better DTs are available when this happens, but I don't love the idea of taking a DT there because there seems to be plenty of them available later.

Assuming it doesn't push Bowers or Turner down to 21, I'm inclined to draft McConkey.

Any particular reason you prefer Guyton to Mims and Fashanu? They both look way ahead of Guyton to me, and the consensus, and Mims is the most talented of those three. I see Guyton as more of a potential target at 53 than 21.

But, I agree with your premise. For me, it's those 6 + Powers-Johnson (who seems less likely at this point). So, say it's Alt, Latham, Mims, Fashanu, Fuaga, Fautanu. It's possible all 6 are off the board by 21. But, assuming 1 is left, only McConkey and Thomas Jr would give me pause. This is assuming Bowers is long gone, as he should be.

I love McConkey, but I'd still lean OL at 21. Dallas Turner is the only defensive player in the class that I'd consider drafting over 1 of those 6, and he'll also be long gone.

I just think Guyton pulls the best of those 3. I can see him used like SF uses Trent Williams on those pulling OT plays. They all seem riskier to me than the other 4 OTs

If Fautana or Fuaga is there, run the card up. Would be the ideal scrnario

I’m very confident that the first 20 picks will contain

4 QBs
4 pass catchers
4 defensive players

How many OTs in the first 20? How many pass catchers? Defensive players?

The possible “faller” that I would have to consider is remaining between Bowers and Brian Thomas Jr. Otherwise, it’s a no-brainer to go with one of the top 7 OTs

Assuming it doesn't push Bowers or Turner down to 21, I'm inclined to draft McConkey.
Yeah. Bowers is never there either. Would you take JPJ over McConkey ? Are you planning on doing a top 100 list in order of preference? Thanks for all of your work. Great stuff.

I just think Guyton pulls the best of those 3. I can see him used like SF uses Trent Williams on those pulling OT plays. They all seem riskier to me than the other 4 OTs

If Fautana or Fuaga is there, run the card up. Would be the ideal scrnario

I’m very confident that the first 20 picks will contain

4 QBs
4 pass catchers
4 defensive players

How many OTs in the first 20? How many pass catchers? Defensive players?

The possible “faller” that I would have to consider is remaining between Bowers and Brian Thomas Jr. Otherwise, it’s a no-brainer to go with one of the top 7 OTs

Pretty confident Williams, Maye, Daniels, and McCarthy all go Top 20. I think Nix could easily, as well, but it's unclear how high the NFL is on Nix. Safe to say 4 QB's will go Top 20, though (4).

Pretty confident Harrison Jr, Nabers, Odunze, and Thomas Jr go Top 20, and I can see Worthy or Adonai Mitchell going Top 20. I would draft McConkey Top 20, but idk if the NFL will see it that way. Conservatively, I think we can say 4 (8).

Alt, Latham, Mims, Fashanu, and Fuaga all probably go Top 20, and Fautanu could easily, as well. If anything, I think only one is left at 21, so we'll say 6 (14).

Jackson Powers-Johnson, Jordan Morgan, and Graham Barton are good enough to have a team like them Top 20, but in a class so strong at OL, I think it's less likely for Barton and Morgan. JPJ still has a good chance to go Top 20 (15).

Brock Bowers is one of the five or so best players in the class and should absolutely go Top 20 (16)

So, we're at 16 offensive players, not including the seven players mentioned as Top 20 possibilities. If only two of the seven go Top 20, that leaves two slots for defense.

Getting to defense:

Dallas Turner and Jared Verse should go Top 20. Latu could go Top 20? Say just Turner and Verse (18).

I think one of Murphy II, Jenkins, and Newton could go Top 20. I see them all as more 21-40 types, but they all have real selling points, and the depth at DT in this class is not inspiring. I'll say one ends up going Top 20 (19).

Quinyon Mitchell should go Top 20 imo. People say Arnold and Wiggins, and I like Wiggins better, but neither is clean enough for me to like them in that range. So, I say only Mitchell gets in, and that's 20 (20).

I listed five defensive players who have arguments for Top 20 but that I ultimately left off - vs seven for offense. That's nine defenders altogether vs twenty-three offensive players. But, let's look at the players left off:

Nix
McConkey
Mitchell
Worthy
Fautanu
Morgan
Barton

Vs

Latu
Jenkins
Newton
Wiggins
Arnold

Of the leftover players, to me, the offensive players are much more appealing.

Back
Top Bottom