J-Off's 2024 OT's | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums
Yeah. Bowers is never there either. Would you take JPJ over McConkey ? Are you planning on doing a top 100 list in order of preference? Thanks for all of your work. Great stuff.

Thanks rick! I would take McConkey over JPJ, but I have them both as Top 20 talents. Before the Brewer signing, I would have leaned JPJ, but I would rather have McConkey and a guard at 53 (Haynes or Bebee) than JPJ and a WR at 53 (Rice, Leggette, Wilson). An OT who can start at guard and kick out to tackle would make me think harder. But, a Center/Guard is easier to find/less pressing with the add of Brewer.

I'll do a top 100 or so as we get closer to the Draft. I'll sticky it when I do 🥂

I see the top 20 being in no particular order…

Caleb Williams
Drake Maye
MHJ
Malik Nabers
Rome Odunze
BTJ
Joe Alt
JC Latham
Amarius Mims
Olu Fashanu
Taliese Fuaga
Troy Fautanu
Jared Verse
Dallas Turner
Quinyon Mitchell
Brock Bowers
Nate Wiggins
Jayden Daniels
Terrion Arnold
Cooper Dejean

If all these guys are gone it would be a tough decision. I would want to trade down. If I had to pick I would take Kris Jenkins. I just love the guys technique and I feel we have a need losing Wilkins.

I see the top 20 being in no particular order…

Caleb Williams
Drake Maye
MHJ
Malik Nabers
Rome Odunze
BTJ
Joe Alt
JC Latham
Amarius Mims
Olu Fashanu
Taliese Fuaga
Troy Fautanu
Jared Verse
Dallas Turner
Quinyon Mitchell
Brock Bowers
Nate Wiggins
Jayden Daniels
Terrion Arnold
Cooper Dejean

If all these guys are gone it would be a tough decision. I would want to trade down. If I had to pick I would take Kris Jenkins. I just love the guys technique and I feel we have a need losing Wilkins.

You don't think McCarthy goes Top 20?

Kris Jenkins or Ladd McKonkey I am taking Jenkins. I might be wrong. I might not.

I don’t think he should, but he might because teams get desperate for QB.
He might go #3!

Don't be shocked when he goes way higher than his legit scouting grade, which is a 2nd round grade.

You guys may think I’m crazy, but I hope Mims goes ahead of Miami’s pick at 21. He makes me nervous. I saw a lot of lunging and stopping his feet in his videos. He’s so big and fairly strong enough to get away with that at the college level, but I fear he could bust at the NFL level if he doesn’t change that. He looks like a “lazy” blocker.

I like McConkey in R2 but I do not want Miami looking WR that early this year.

I do not love this WR class like some others do, the Top 2 are outstanding, Odunze is very good, and Thomas is a borderline 1st rounder for me.

There is plenty of quality depth after them(all with reasons to like or dislike them) but I see two stars and one really good one.

I have 5 first round WRs. MHJ, Nabers, Odunze, BTJ, and Mitchell.

Teams who may go OL in R1

- Patriots - only in a trade-down scenario
- Titans - virtually all mocks have them taking OT
- Jets - win-now mode and FA signings could force the Jets to eschew this need for a weapon for Rodgers (Bowers?)
- Raiders - RT is a need but with a defensive-minded HC will they go with someone on that side of the ball
- Saints - Penning has been below average and OT may be the best value in the board
- Bengals - major need but may go DT in first round if they sign a starter OT in FA (Trent Brown?)
- Rams - need some inexpensive OTs to go with those high-$$$$ OGs
- Steelers - seems to be down to OL and WR
*****MIAMI’S PICK*****
- Cowboys - would have to jump the Fins, but all signs point towards OL in R1 for the ‘Boys
- Packers - same situation as Dallas

If I had to guess, I would say 5 OT are off the board by the time Miami picks

Back
Top Bottom