J-Off's 2024 QB's | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums
2 unrelated things-

1. This is a really good QB draft class. Not a year we take advantage of it - except maybe in later rounds - but it's good.

2. Penix has imo went from underrated to overrated to underrated to overrated...and maybe back to underrated in the last 12 months.

That is the real legit knock on Caleb is the fumbling.

You can't be that careless with the football.

If Nix falls to 21, do you take him?

If it were Madden and we weren't dealing with real people? Yes, probably - given the difference in salaries and given Nix's ability to make plays outside of structure.

In the real world, you'd probably have to trade most of your veterans to make that fly, and that would diminish one of the best aspects of having a QB on a rookie deal. I do think Nix would be an excellent fit in the offense.

Also, Miami really needs some dudes on OL, and it'd be hard for me to use that pick on anything but OL.

If it were Madden and we weren't dealing with real people? Yes, probably - given the difference in salaries and given Nix's ability to make plays outside of structure.

In the real world, you'd probably have to trade most of your veterans to make that fly, and that would diminish one of the best aspects of having a QB on a rookie deal. I do think Nix would be an excellent fit in the offense.

Also, Miami really needs some dudes on OL, and it'd be hard for me to use that pick on anything but OL.
Good points. Didn't want to pressure you there, but something I might consider and your opinions are always valued and appreciated.

If I knew for sure that Tua was going to get some of his athleticism back, I wouldn't be even looking much at quarterbacks. Other than maybe guys like Melton as later round backup types.

We just have too few picks. We've had too few picks. We need potential contributors with every pick, and trade downs for more. In a different world, where we weren't penalized valuable picks, and maybe traded 1 or 2 less picks, and maybe hit on 1 more the last 2 years, I'd love us to take a chance on Spencer Rattler with a mid round pick. But in this reality - nah.

Back
Top Bottom