J-Off's 2024 WR's | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums
He is a fast Hunter Renfrow.
While I do not doubt that he can be an excellent slot he brings much more to the table than Renfrow ever did.

He is more of a mini Cooper Kupp in my opinion.

While I do not doubt that he can be an excellent slot he brings much more to the table than Renfrow ever did.

He is more of a mini Cooper Kupp in my opinion.
He is just not strong. Good physical corners like the Bama corners and the Ohio State corners shut him down. They get their hands on him at the line and disrupt his route. He has a habit of disappearing against elite competition. That doesn’t bode well as the NFL is full of good physical corners.

He is just not strong. Good physical corners like the Bama corners and the Ohio State corners shut him down. They get their hands on him at the line and disrupt his route. He has a habit of disappearing against elite competition. That doesn’t bode well as the NFL is full of good physical corners.
That is a fair critique of him, along with the issue of durability.I would not want him to be WR 1 or WR2 for me in the NFL but if he is WR3 then you have a real weapon.

I would not take him in R1 myself but he is more than a solid slot like Renfrow.

Do you have any examples? I didn't see anyone shut him down. He was open more than any WR in this class (especially impressive given SEC competition and with his high % of routes coming outside), and his RAC is among the best in the class - largely thanks to his contact balance.

I really think your criticisms are unfounded.

Rome Odunze does not separate well. This - to me - is very uninspiring WR play - even caused an INT by slipping on a route. To me, the Top 10 talk makes no sense.

92 catches for 1640 yards and 13 tuddies. I’ll take that uninspiring play any day.

92 catches for 1640 yards and 13 tuddies. I’ll take that uninspiring play any day.

I'll take WR's who separate and make plays after the catch. 28% of Odunze's non-screen receptions were contested. Only Keon Coleman had a higher percentage.

Keep in mind, this is vs Pac 12 CB's. Not exactly the SEC or Big 10. Odunze can play, but he's not a guy I'd want to build my offense around - like a Top 10 pick implies.

Those numbers are inflated by opportunity btw. He was on the field for 599 pass snaps - by far the most of the 1st or 2nd-tier WR's. His rate stats are fine but nowhere near what you'd hope for in a Top 10 pick. In 2023, he converted like 3 times as many contested catches as he did in 2022, so there should be some concern for regression in that area, too. It's particularly concerning because of his reliance on contested catches.

To me, his game is refined but not nuanced, and he doesn't have a natural feel for separating, and he's just OK after the catch.

Odunze is a very interesting prospect to me. The production is undeniable and he does many of the things that succeed in the NFL.

But I see a lot of people having him ahead of Nabers and that surprises me. I think Nabers is going to be a star who rivals Marv as their careers advance.

Odunze is a very interesting prospect to me. The production is undeniable and he does many of the things that succeed in the NFL.

But I see a lot of people having him ahead of Nabers and that surprises me. I think Nabers is going to be a star who rivals Marv as their careers advance.
To me I could see both LSU WRs above Odunze.

To me I could see both LSU WRs above Odunze.

I have it that way. Odunzs is still a Top 20 guy to me, and that's also where I have Thomas Jr, but I think Thomas Jr is a more natural athlete, so while Odunze has more polish, I'm more interested in how far along Thomas Jr is relative to his experience, and his talent sells itself. Harrison Jr and Nabers are Top 5 players - both in terms of this class and player grade, regardless of class.

Interesting list. College offenses spread the ball more than they did, so these kinds of things only tell you so much, but there are some similarities between some of the past and current players listed.

Back
Top Bottom