Jackson and Iggy's 5th year options not getting picked up | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jackson and Iggy's 5th year options not getting picked up

Just out of curiosity, why would a team tell a player leading in to their 4th year that they are not picking up their 5th year option? Is there any benefit to the team? Wouldn't we want them to be motivated next season to potentially get that?

Maybe that's the motivation?

If the team doesn't pick-up your 5th year then it increases the chances that your done in the NFL.

I agree but he doesn’t play left tackle for the Dolphins. He plays right tackle but I understand it’s a lot of money.

I merely pointed out that franchising him would be an option if he suddenly develops into a lot better player than he has been his first three years.

I think it is more likely they would try to sign him to a new contract in that situation but franchising any player after his contract expires is a option as long as they don’t have another player already on the franchise tag.
Yep, brain fart. Still, it would be around 7.5 million I believe. Sacrilege.

Wild they have faith in Jackson to solidify Tua's blind side but don't exercise his 5th year option. Something isn't computing here.
My thoughts exactly.... we're going all in to win the superbowl this season. We trust Austin Jackson to protect Tuas blindside and help make sure he doesn't get hurt again, we like him in that spot...... we also don't want him back after this season and we have no saftey net if he stinks again or gets hurt again.

Sounds like a GM genius at work if you ask me! FML!!!!

My thoughts exactly.... we're going all in to win the superbowl this season. We trust Austin Jackson to protect Tuas blindside and help make sure he doesn't get hurt again, we like him in that spot...... we also don't want him back after this season and we have no saftey net if he stinks again or gets hurt again.

Sounds like a GM genius at work if you ask me! FML!!!!
I hope he gets beaten out by the rookie 7th rounder

Wild they have faith in Jackson to solidify Tua's blind side but don't exercise his 5th year option. Something isn't computing here.
Agree. Can anyone even think of an explanation?

For iggy to make the team he's going to have to intercept 10 passes and deflect 45 passes in preseason.

Absolutely. IGGY will be challenged to even make the roster this year. AJ has to prove he can remain healthy, a that he can man the RT job and be at least average. Not a lot of competition for him yet, but I’m hopeful that changes before training camp.

Back
Top Bottom