Jackson and Iggy's 5th year options not getting picked up | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jackson and Iggy's 5th year options not getting picked up

Jackson will resign next year but Iggy was a bust.

Absolutely. IGGY will be challenged to even make the roster this year. AJ has to prove he can remain healthy, a that he can man the RT job and be at least average. Not a lot of competition for him yet, but I’m hopeful that changes before training camp.
Tino whoever beats him out this year.

Terrible picks smh. Imagine if these guys were at least serviceable
I agree Iggy was a terrible pick at the time. He was a former WR who was still learning to play CB and picking him in the first round made no sense at the time.

Jackson at the time was not a bad pick. He was the highest rated LT on the board at the time and just about every mock draft had him being drafted in the top 20 picks in the 2020 draft.

The Dolphins biggest need in the 2020 draft after the QB position was LT. It’s obviously easy after the fact to see if a draft pick was good or bad but at the time, selecting Jackson was the obvious pick for the Dolphins.

they would still be getting their options decline because you need more than serviceable from 1st rd picks.
Yeah but these guys don’t even play
I agree Iggy was a terrible pick at the time. He was a former WR who was still learning to play CB and picking him in the first round made no sense at the time.

Jackson at the time was not a bad pick. He was the highest rated LT on the board at the time and just about every mock draft had him being drafted in the top 20 picks in the 2020 draft.

The Dolphins biggest need in the 2020 draft after the QB position was LT. It’s obviously easy after the fact to see if a draft pick was good or bad but at the time, selecting Jackson was the obvious pick for the Dolphins.
I still feel like Jackson while maybe ranked the best LT left at that time was still a bit of a reach at 18 or wherever we picked him. I like USC too but never saw him as a dominant LT. Who knows maybe he will pull it together this year. Iggy was def just a weird pick

Xavien Howard
Jalen Ramsey
Kader Kohou
Cam Smith
Nik Needham
Keion Crossen
Justin Bethel
Trill Williams

How many corners are we keeping and does Igbinoghene even have a path to making this roster aside from injuries? Even if Needham isn’t back to full strength it still looks like a huge uphill battle. He’s gotta have some trade value for a day 3 pick as a recent FRP who is still only 23 years old. Perhaps they wanna see what, if anything, Vic can get out of him in camp.

Yeah but these guys don’t even play

I still feel like Jackson while maybe ranked the best LT left at that time was still a bit of a reach at 18 or wherever we picked him. I like USC too but never saw him as a dominant LT. Who knows maybe he will pull it together this year. Iggy was def just a weird pick
So frustrating because Jackson was labeled a project before the draft, you don't draft projects #18 overall.

He might have been available in the 5th round. F’n Flores, that was his pick. And you’re right on AJ, at the time it seemed like a reasonable pick. IGGY pick was a head scratcher and annoying.

Xavien Howard
Jalen Ramsey
Kader Kohou
Cam Smith
Nik Needham
Keion Crossen
Justin Bethel
Trill Williams

How many corners are we keeping and does Igbinoghene even have a path to making this roster aside from injuries? Even if Needham isn’t back to full strength it still looks like a huge uphill battle. He’s gotta have some trade value for a day 3 pick as a recent FRP who is still only 23 years old. Perhaps they wanna see what, if anything, Vic can get out of him in camp.

To me, part depends on . . .
Trill. will he come out this PS playing as he did last year.
The recovery status of Trill and Needham,
How Crossen and Bethel play out on ST.
I'll be honest . . . I don't think Iggy is an NFL DB in man. Can he be salvaged in VF's zone? Sorry, I'm pessimistic

Xavien Howard
Jalen Ramsey
Kader Kohou
Cam Smith
Nik Needham
Keion Crossen
Justin Bethel
Trill Williams

There is talk that they plan on moving Trill to Safety, so that potentially takes him off this list, but its going to be the most difficult year yet for Iggy to stick.

We pretty much knew this was happening two years ago. 2020 draft was bad not just for Miami but for the entire league as a whole, I’m talking the 1st rd.
I guess this makes me feel slightly better about this pick. But overall I still feel absolutely terrible

Back
Top Bottom