Jalen Hurts with Miami's 2nd 1st Round Pick - Why Not? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jalen Hurts with Miami's 2nd 1st Round Pick - Why Not?

TBH, this is where the game is headed. You gotta think progressively and not prehistorically at this point. Jalen can throw. And he throws well too. And he runs well too. Our QB right now runs well too.
Just for fun... give me a list of running QBs that have remained healthy and elite passed the age of 30.

I'll wait...

People have been saying, "this is where the game is headed" since Mike Vick...and it still hasn't gotten there. How many Jacksons are starting in the NFL today? Jackson is a freak talent, like Vick was...but that's not the norm.

People have been saying, "this is where the game is headed" since Mike Vick...and it still hasn't gotten there. How many Jacksons are starting in the NFL today? Jackson is a freak talent, like Vick was...but that's not the norm.

Vick was terrible in every big spot, the moron could never read a defense never mind throwing a blitz at him

That's what most people thought about Lamar Jackson, myself included.

Jackson was good enough in college in all phases for a team that is not as physically gifted as Oklahoma that I thought he could be successful. I actually thought he'd have more chance to be successful when he was drafted than I did after last year - where he was "successful" being Tim Tebow part two and he bowed out when forced to make plays with his arm, becoming completely inept. Somehow, in just one offseason, he went from a guy who couldn't hit a covered received to a guy who could drop dimes and be in perfect sync with his receivers. It's incredible. The running is just icing.

Back in the days when Vick was still playing, I posted at a place called World Crossing with a BUNCH of the elders here.
There was a thread called, The New Breed... that went on for years... it spoke of how running QBs were now the thing.
...and then we watched one after another flame out early.

Cam Newton anyone?

Anyone?

Hey you... back in the back...

Anyone?

Vick was terrible in every big spot, the moron could never read a defense never mind throwing a blitz at him

I should have clarified, he was athletically freakish. Had he finished his career, he probably would've been a HoFer, if injuries didn't derail him.

Steve Young
John Elway

Steve Young spent a few years on the bench and when he became full-time starter was injury-prone and then had his career end due to injuries. Not a great example, and this was before the concussion protocol.

I don't think Elway is really classified as a running QB.

Back in the days when Vick was still playing, I posted at a place called World Crossing with a BUNCH of the elders here.
There was a thread called, The New Breed... that went on for years... it spoke of how running QBs were now the thing.
...and then we watched one after another flame out early.

Cam Newton anyone?

Anyone?

Hey you... back in the back...

Anyone?

I'll raise you an RG3.

Steve Young spent a few years on the bench and when he became full-time starter was injury-prone and then had his career end due to injuries. Not a great example, and this was before the concussion protocol.

I don't think Elway is really classified as a running QB.

the question was elite past 30 and Young was. Not sure what you mean about Elway, the guy ran with the best of em.

what are you drinking tonight?

Well, I AM on Oxy because of surgery...but that's neither here nor there. :)

You don't remember Vick when he was running all over everybody? He was awesome dude. Ran for over 1000 yards one year, and had other high rushing seasons. Injuries prevented him from even more individual success (which is the norm for these types of QBs it seems). I'm not saying he was the GOAT or anything, but he was a high impact player.

I understand those who are enamoured with a Running QB. They are exciting and give an offense an extra threat for a defense to worry about. But in terms of NFL History, running QB's usually have a shorter life span, due to the extra pounding their bodies take. IMHO it's only a matter of time before these kids end up injured or consistently nursing injuries other non running QB's wouldn't ordinarily deal with.

Back
Top Bottom