Jalen Hurts with Miami's 2nd 1st Round Pick - Why Not? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jalen Hurts with Miami's 2nd 1st Round Pick - Why Not?

Well, I AM on Oxy because of surgery...but that's neither here nor there. :)

You don't remember Vick when he was running all over everybody? He was awesome dude. Ran for over 1000 yards one year, and had other high rushing seasons. Injuries prevented him from even more individual success (which is the norm for these types of QBs it seems). I'm not saying he was the GOAT or anything, but he was a high impact player.

if your argument is that he was great at running the ball I’ll have to give you that. However he was a terrible QB and worse at reading a defense

Last edited:
For two or three years, drafting Vick would net you a FFL championship. All those running yards and 6 point TDs were deadly.

I'm still hoping Tua drops to us with out first pick but i've said before i wouldn't mind taking 2 QB's early on to compete with each other.. It would be comical if it happened to be Tua and Hurts competing again though.

For two or three years, drafting Vick would net you a FFL championship. All those running yards and 6 point TDs were deadly.
Yeah how about the lost points for Cross the body interceptions and fumbles.. Guy had so much talent but would make really foolish decisions constantly.. Lamar Jackson is great this year but i have a feeling he is going to struggle more next year when teams have a years worth of gametape on him.

Well, I AM on Oxy because of surgery...but that's neither here nor there. :)

You don't remember Vick when he was running all over everybody? He was awesome dude. Ran for over 1000 yards one year, and had other high rushing seasons. Injuries prevented him from even more individual success (which is the norm for these types of QBs it seems). I'm not saying he was the GOAT or anything, but he was a high impact player.

I think they want to keep the conversion on strictly passing. Ignoring the intangibles.

Yeah how about the lost points for Cross the body interceptions and fumbles.. Guy had so much talent but would make really foolish decisions constantly.. Lamar Jackson is great this year but i have a feeling he is going to struggle more next year when teams have a years worth of gametape on him.

That has happened to almost all of them by year 2 or 3. That and nagging leg injuries. With these guys, a simple ankle sprain can completely derail them.

if your argument is that he was great at running the ball I’ll have to give you that. However he was a terrible QB and worse at reading a defense

Ya I'm pretty much talkin' about his overall impact...definitely didn't scare anybody with his arm.

I understand those who are enamoured with a Running QB. They are exciting and give an offense an extra threat for a defense to worry about. But in terms of NFL History, running QB's usually have a shorter life span, due to the extra pounding their bodies take. IMHO it's only a matter of time before these kids end up injured or consistently nursing injuries other non running QB's wouldn't ordinarily deal with.

Yep...they seem to fall short in one big stat...availability. VERY hard to rely on that long term...but who knows...maybe Jackson bucks that trend? (even though he injured his quad against the Bills)

I would draft hurts in the 2nd round. Sit him next year while we play Rosen, to see what he is. I don't think Hurts is on Lamar's level tho.

Some pretty good "passing" here as well as runs. Dont be scared yall! Im not saying take him with the 1st pick. Im saying take him with 1 of the 1sts other than the 1st lol. Maybe even the second. Hes not gonna last that long though watch.

I would prefer to use a 2nd or 3rd round pick on Steven Montez, coach him up and try to correct some of his short comings that plagued his senior season. You never know how qbs will pan out. Remember when everyond was saying Zack Prescott was Tim Tebow 2.0. Hurts might suprise in the NFL in the right offense. However, I would rather take my chances on Montez, 6'5 qb with NFL arm and mobile. IF you can break him of some of his bad habits I think you'll have a decent NFL starting qb. He might not be the next elite qb, but I think in the right situations he could be a starting qb that can win games in the NFL. I know there will be more no votes for Montz, but if it were up to me I think he's worth a shot. I wouldn't ming going into camp with a NFL vet (maybe Fitzpatrick), Rosen and Montez

Some pretty good "passing" here as well as runs. Dont be scared yall! Im not saying take him with the 1st pick. Im saying take him with 1 of the 1sts other than the 1st lol. Maybe even the second. Hes not gonna last that long though watch.

I hope to god your right.

that he won’t last that long

Back
Top Bottom