James Conner | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

James Conner

Conor is miles ahead of any RB we have on the roster - has gone to the pro bowl. Sign him and draft a RB and let the UW guys compete for the crumbs
I would not say miles ahead. Conor played on a better team with a better line. The UW guys would have looked just as good on the Steelers the past 4 seasons. I still believe that the draft is the best way to go, but I am not a fan of Conor. He is decent, but not an upgrade in my opinion.

No. Hes injury prone. Plus.. look at his longest run. Not a playmaker. He's not an upgrade.

I don't get why so many are high on Gaskin. He wouldn't even make the 53 on more than half of the teams in the league. Sure, he looks good on our current roster but so does a sandwich in an ashtray next to a plate of pig poop.

I don't get why so many are high on Gaskin. He wouldn't even make the 53 on more than half of the teams in the league. Sure, he looks good on our current roster but so does a sandwich in an ashtray next to a plate of pig poop.
😂 it’s finheaven , you don’t remember how most on here loved eggnog, dallas Thomas etc.. and it’s ok because ppl love their team and want even the worst player to succeed. In gaskin’s case he’s solid not a # 1 for sure but he’s tough and can play.

THIS.
Washed up powerback who looked great 2 years ago in a perfect situation for a power back, but who's physical style has caught up with them. It's Howard last year to a T.
Agree 100%, Connor unfortunately is on his way out of the nfl in my opinion. Draft your RB, we have the picks to do it mr Grier, stop signing or trading for RBS.

Connor had 1x good year followed by 2x meh, injury years .... I would not even consider 3-4 MIL for him ... you might be able to get Carson for a little more, and while he has an injury history - dude performs when he plays - UNLIKE Connor!

Gaskin and Ahmed don’t have that ‘burst’, but are certainly average enough to hold what we have to see how FA + Draft plays out ...

Jones would be nice, no doubt, especially with Gaskin + Ahmed; but I would rather pay for a true #1 WR, although the 2x I wanted (Godwin or Robinson were tagged) .... maybe we can get Golladay on a prove it year post those injuries ... there is risk there - and to me, he is just a better version of Parker ... we NEED speed.

And we’ll get that in the draft!

Connor had 1x good year followed by 2x meh, injury years .... I would not even consider 3-4 MIL for him ... you might be able to get Carson for a little more, and while he has an injury history - dude performs when he plays - UNLIKE Connor!

Gaskin and Ahmed don’t have that ‘burst’, but are certainly average enough to hold what we have to see how FA + Draft plays out ...

Jones would be nice, no doubt, especially with Gaskin + Ahmed; but I would rather pay for a true #1 WR, although the 2x I wanted (Godwin or Robinson were tagged) .... maybe we can get Golladay on a prove it year post those injuries ... there is risk there - and to me, he is just a better version of Parker ... we NEED speed.

And we’ll get that in the draft!
I'd definitely rather have Carson than Conner, but he also looked like he was starting to break down last year. It's possible he is just 1 year ahead of Conner on that curve. Physical RBs like that on a 2nd contract scare the crap out of me. If you want a banger, draft em.

Conner would be a nice addation as a short yardage back or for grinding out yards at the end of the game. Depends on what type of back you draft. For example I like the Idea of Conner if your other backs are Gaskin, Ahmad and Travis Etienne.
This is the only way I'm adding Connor (and cheaply) if my plan is for that foursome,which would be pretty dang solid imo

He was pretty much a replacement level RB last year on a good Steelers offense. With cap space at a premium, no thanks.

Love the back story, his toughness. I think he works as a complement to Gaskin and Ahmed.

Wouldn't hate it, but I still would like Miami to get someone more dynamic.

For me I’d welcome signing Conner over Jones because I think with Conner Miami would still draft a running back early.

Back
Top Bottom