James Conner | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

James Conner

I think the safe play is signing Connor for 4-5 million and drafting Harris. Let Connor walk after year one and who knows maybe get a comp pick back.

I think the safe play is signing Connor for 4-5 million and drafting Harris. Let Connor walk after year one and who knows maybe get a comp pick back.
If we sign Connor or Jones... there's no way we draft any RB on the first two days of the draft.

We wouldn't double up on the resources.

I pray to baby jesus that if we did sign connor, it wouldn't be with the intention of making him our premier back. Jones on the other hand, then we're not drafting a rb early which actually puts us in a good position b/c we wouldn't have to worry about reaching for someone or missing out on someone. I wouldn't be against Jones at 3 yrs/27M.

I'd much rather sign a FA RB for under 5M APY than draft one in the first 3 rounds... AINEC

I think we said all the same things about Howard last year. Once bitten, twice shy.
The difference being Howard was considered our #1 going in - Connor should be acquired with the assumption we are also going to draft someone in the 2nd/3rd.

If we sign Connor or Jones... there's no way we draft any RB on the first two days of the draft.

We wouldn't double up on the resources.
I think that's the case with Aaron Jones - the $ would be significant, but I think if we sign James Connor it probably does mean that we invest a high Draft pick on an RB and it could be for Najee Harris, Travis Etienne or Javonte Williams. Connor would be the experienced big RB (he's 6'1", 233 lbs) - played 50 games and Myles Gaskin is the shifty smaller guy to mix it up.
BTW - I can see Miami becoming a solid run Offense in either scenario.

Last edited:
I think that's the case with Aaron Jones - the $ would be significant, but I think if we sign James Connor it probably does mean that we invest a high Draft pick on an RB and it could be for Najee Harris, Travis Etienne or Javonte Williams. Connor would be the experienced big RB (he's 6'1", 233 lbs) - played 50 games and Myles Gaskin is the shifty smaller guy to mix it up.
BTW - I can see Miami becoming a solid run Offense in either scenario.
While I grant that you might be right, I do think that if we draft one of the big three... then they would be expected to be a guy who carried the ball for us 75% of the time... in which case, we've signed Connor to do... very little... especially if we've taken Harris or Williams.

Gaskin/Ahmed have proved they can be back-up and third down backs, and Harris/Williams are big backs... At that point, Conner would be reduced to depth.

Conner is no better than Myles gaskin. Don’t sign Conner. He is always hurt. I get Steelers games every week.

Back
Top Bottom