Jarvis Landry: Browns Qbs A Lot Better Than Dolphins | Page 16 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jarvis Landry: Browns Qbs A Lot Better Than Dolphins

you got me there, but I hope you're not advocating bringing in Kap in.

I'm not. I don't think Kap has the football IQ to run Gase's offense, after everything I heard about him in San Francisco. He's also ALWAYS been inconsistent with his accuracy, probably stemming from awkward throwing mechanics at times. And that's why he's unemployed. I don't believe for a second it's a conspiracy... if he was actually a really good quarterback, he would be employed somewhere. He threw too many worm burners and flubbed too many progression reads for any team to think he's worth the ensuing controversy.

Remember, long before the kneeling controversy, I referred to Colin Kaepernick as a guy I felt comparable to Andy Dalton as someone who posted some impressive numbers but failed miserably in many aspects of quarterbacking. So no, I am absolutely not going to advocate bringing him in here.

As for Landry's career in Cleveland, I think he'll have better luck than guys like Hartline and Bess did. He's a good player and Cleveland has a lot more talent now than they did in 2014. But yeah, there are going to be some fireworks when Josh Gordon and Corey Coleman are getting a ton of targets and Jarvis becomes a checkdown receiver rather than the being force-fed as the focal point of the offense.

Well here's the thing: Cutler played his whole career doing that, and it worked for him because he was accustomed to it and he had phenomenal arm talent. He still made the throws, but he limited his exposure to injury. So I'll never say the guy is cowardly or was just collecting a paycheck (he took way too many hard hits and kept playing with cracked ribs for me to EVER say that), but it's obvious that after his shoulder injury, he wasn't the same. And throwing the way he was accustomed to throwing was not a habit that he could just break.
Fair enough.

I've watched plenty of Cutler over the years and he's always had a tendency to fire off that back foot, but I don't remember him doing it so early in his drop, as often as he did last year. I certainly could be wrong though.

I mean do you seriously think we had a hand in making things the way they are? We haven't been around long enough. Im sure it was all our fault when we were eating Cheerios in high chairs.
Yalls generation inherited the greatest infrastructure we've ever had, sucked it dry, and then left nothing to build upon and say we are the problem. Look in the mirror.

I am sure you do not realize that you have just proved my point. There is not much else I can add to your brilliantly self destructive criticism.

honestly I think Jarvis is a helluva football player. he does have a lot more to show then what we used him for. I think he can go vertical and fight for a ball, can he get separation, helllll to the no, will he fight for the ball in the air, dang skippy, but you don't want every deep throw to have to be a 50/50 that you are relying on landry to out fight the CB for. he ran plenty of plays for us earlier in his career than just +\-5 yards of the LOS, just those were with philbin when not as much thinking or adjustment at the line or mid play might have occurred. i think despite the lack of speed, he does have the physical skill and talent to star in all aspects of gase's offense, I just don't think he has the mental mindset to go much further than what we've seen the last two years IN OUR OFFENSE

honestly read the entire interview (I finally got around to it, not just what the Miami reporters want you to read), yes ive been aggravated with JL's tactics in the past, but the entire interview really isn't bad once put into perspective

https://www.cleveland.com/expo/spor...5810d8191/jarvis_landry_cleveland_browns.html

in regards to us sending him to the debts of Cleveland and them giving him the extension.....

"Did I think it would come that quick? Yeah. A lot of stuff was going on behind closed doors and I was hoping it got done before I even came, but it didn't, but they were working towards it, so I was in high hopes that it was going to happen

sounds like he wasn't really upset about going to Cleveland because they were already working on his extension

this was the actual knock on our qb's and how they are throwing better of course...

which has got me that much more excited about Tyrod (Taylor) and (Baker Mayfield) and the way that they're throwing the ball out here, it makes me that much more excited. It's a lot better than what I had in Miami. I'm excited about that."

of course this is the main thing in article that probably could've been passed over by him, but it could've been a knock on the offense too, the question involved him show casing himself in Haleys offense.

THEN COMES ONE OF THE BIGGEST PARTS EVERYONE IS CAUSING THE MOST FUSS ABOUT, BECAUSE OUR LOCAL GUYS ARENT REALLY FOCUSING ON THE ENTIRE INTERVIEW, AND IT SHOWS SOME OF JARVIS' MINDSET,

this is 2 parts...

in regards to his and TT's plans together ...

Again, I didn't do that in Miami with the quarterbacks because they didn't want to do it. I would say that the chemistry and the type of guys that I'm around here makes me that much more excited because I know I'm going to be pushed at all levels at all times.

this has nothing to do with football and they don't post the next question in the interview, this shows part of his mindset is on the NFL life not the "oh we're practicing outside of camp life"

So you're saying in Miami they just didn't want to do those kinds of workouts?

JL: I'm just saying like, you hear all the time Tom Brady takes his guys to wherever, the Giants take their guys to Duke. You think of quarterbacks, they have that chemistry with their receivers.

this followed the statement about he didn't do those things with his qb's in Miami, one of the reasons I mentioned early on, I thought he was referencing partying with his qb's not working out with them.

and then he talked highly of ryan and didn't speak ill of jay as a person

"I think (Ryan) Tannehill's skill level and the way that he was playing the year we went to the playoffs before his injury was at a high level and he could have took us to a championship or whatever or whatnot, but it didn't happen. Things happen in the NFL and we moved past it and the next season we had Jay Cutler and I love Jay. I love Jay. I really do."

so actually reading the entire article remember the Miami media is pretty much trolls, mando, omar, all those guys, they are in it for the clicks. whats going to piss more people off and have them interested than making the article sound like he is 100% bashing the fins.

I get why we are mad that Jarvis felt the need to run his mouth, but I am not surprised, and I think his statement is right. I would would much rather have Baker and Tyrod over Ryan and Brock or Fales. Gase really liked Baker too, and probably would have chosen him if fell to us. Jarvis isn't the first WR to bad mouth our QB situation on his way out. Didn't Jennings and Mathews do it as well? I know I am forgetting another WR who didn't like our QB room.

I think the main thing here is we are mad Jarvis left, and Jarvis is mad we let him left. There are hurt feelings.

Thanks @crumpdaddy . Being honest I did not read the whole article and after seeing your breakdown I think there is nothing to see here.
Landry is no longer a Fin and i do wish him well but it's pretty clear his time here was up and it was best for both parties to move on.

I still can’t believe he sunk to this level. I used to defend this guy. What a jerk.

I think it would be extremely interesting if things don't go well in Cleveland. How will Landry handle becoming a second or third choice on the offense. What if his antics cost the Browns an important game? He just might end up missing Miami. Thanks for the laugh, C.K., we kind of did draw first blood!! It will fun to take a peek at how Jarvis, Suh and Ajayi are doing.

so actually reading the entire article remember the Miami media is pretty much trolls, mando, omar, all those guys, they are in it for the clicks. whats going to piss more people off and have them interested than making the article sound like he is 100% bashing the fins.

Sorry, don't agree. First he blames his lack of explosive plays on the offensive system. Then there is this:

C: Is there a version of Jarvis Landry that we haven't seen? What does that look like?

JL: "Yeah, absolutely. Hopefully, it's in this offense.

"I think (offensive coordinator) Todd (Haley) is going to give me the opportunities I need to ... not show off my talents, but the things that I can do. I believe that I'm a complete receiver all-around.

"Do I lack speed? Yeah, but a lot of guys lack speed. Jordy Nelson lacks speed, but he goes over 1,000 yards. The quarterback play is so important, which has got me that much more excited about Tyrod (Taylor) and (Baker Mayfield) and the way that they're throwing the ball out here, it makes me that much more excited. It's a lot better than what I had in Miami. I'm excited about that."

Translation?

It's not my fault. It's Gase and Tannehill's (and Moore and Cutler) fault.

Actually I did comment on that. I said it was the negative thing in article he couldve skipped over saying. He said that's what he was supposed to run, those short routes, thats what they wanted so thats what he did. I mentioned at the top of my post that I feel like he could do more than just catch passes plus/minus 5 yards the LOS, just hes not cerebral enuf to handle gases offense. So yes he could potentially explode outside of our offense, he lined up outside in Philbins offense quite a bit I think. Not all offenses are suited for all players....ELITE players do the work...whether in the book or on the practice field to be elite in whatever situation. Hes thinking he can get along on talent alone in this offense, and haley has made some pretty dumb wrs look good
Sorry, don't agree. First he blames his lack of explosive plays on the offensive system. Then there is this:

C: Is there a version of Jarvis Landry that we haven't seen? What does that look like?

JL: "Yeah, absolutely. Hopefully, it's in this offense.

"I think (offensive coordinator) Todd (Haley) is going to give me the opportunities I need to ... not show off my talents, but the things that I can do. I believe that I'm a complete receiver all-around.

"Do I lack speed? Yeah, but a lot of guys lack speed. Jordy Nelson lacks speed, but he goes over 1,000 yards. The quarterback play is so important, which has got me that much more excited about Tyrod (Taylor) and (Baker Mayfield) and the way that they're throwing the ball out here, it makes me that much more excited. It's a lot better than what I had in Miami. I'm excited about that."

Translation?

It's not my fault. It's Gase and Tannehill's (and Moore and Cutler) fault.

Oh look what a surprise. The guy with a shrine of Tannehill in his closet is sticking up for him like he does in every thread,

Can't wait to see what "nonsense" you are spewing in a couple years. No more excuses, it's put up or shut up time for Tannehill.

Back
Top Bottom