Jason Cole report Ross thinking about blowing up FO | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jason Cole report Ross thinking about blowing up FO

It makes sense in the aspect that if Ross wants a proven winner, he is going to have to hand over complete control of all football personnel.

Nobody will take the job with the structures Ross has used in the past, with this one reporting to that one and that one reporting to this one. And another one reporting directly to him.

I'm hoping Ross has FINALLY learned his way hasn't worked. Clean house.

The blow up is probably a condition of the sale...we can only hope
And to think Ross will profit from the sale after doing nothing all these years.
Such is the life of professional sports fans.

I will finish with this. I am totally interested to see how Jackson does with McCarron this week. How does he design a game plan for him? How does he call the game? Very interested.

I have seen Todd Haley do that with Landry Jones and D'Angelo Williams....and injuries upfront and all they do continue to churn up yards and points. Love the job he has done in Pittsburgh.

You are right about all the above. IMO Haley is a very good OC but I'm not convinced he will be a good HC. He has failed once before but others have as well and then succeeded their second time around. But Haley seems to thrive in a position where he can focus on one thing ... offense ... whereas being a HC requires so much more. Haley has that look of a guy that needs to stay a OC in order to be successful.

Report: Steve Ross facing tough decision on whether or not to put jam on his english muffin.

Hope it's true!!!!!
This giant turd needs to be flushed once and for all.
Get rid of the whole bunch,no more left over smells and skid marks.
Start from the ground floor.

I'm hoping that someone else will back this report up, at least if info is coming from more than one source, it can be a 'smoke/fire' situation... But I just can't ever see Ross being smart enough to make the decision to clean house. That would require admitting he was wrong, and Ross, being the billionaire he is, has an ego bigger than his ears.

1. Tannenbaum has had lightyears more success as a GM than the Dolphins organization has experienced since Don Shula coached the team.
2. Like it or not Ross trusts Tannenbaum for football decisions. It is better than Carl Peterson at his ear. Tannenbaum is respected in league circles and is not drunk with power.

PLUS, I bet you a sack of donuts that Ross is not dumping Dawn Aponte, Matt Higgins and Tannenbaum. Hickey will go, but is that a newsflash? Tannenbaum has the ability to get Aponte, Higgins and the new coach he selects to be working in concert with the same vision for the organization. This team has not had that since 2008. It is VITAL going fwd.

Plus, those who believe and support this report, who is this "big name" that Ross is gong to catch?

---------- Post added at 09:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 PM ----------

Sean Payton is a big name? Who else fits this criterion?

Im not sure that Tannebaum will be allowed to hire a GM or coach since we have not done an actual search for his position. The dolphins and NFL have stated what Tannebaum's role is and if he is hiring coaches and GM's that would possibly violate the Rooney rule.
I pesonally think its already been violated and we may find out more if Hickey is fired because Im sure he will not be quiet about his disdain if what we believe is true. Personally I want no part of Tannebaum, I dont see him as a positive and his role fefinately didnt make us better this season.

Probably true. Cole seems to steadfast on his conviction that Ross is going after Peyton for our next HC which means him having control over personnel.

Peyton hasnt looked to hot after getting rid of all his good players. Players make or break coaches. When these types start believing in their own hype, bad things happen, you end up like chip kelley, john harbaugh, mike holmgren and now peyton.

This team was on the right track. We were absolutely gutted of any real talent and leaders and in two seasons, Dennis Hickey got us some nice pieces. As far as i was concerned, the rebuild the day hickey came aboard and i figured it was a 4 year build and thats if we could get 2-3 bonafide starters in each draft and at least 1 exellent f/a each year.

We didnt even have depth. No big time starters outside of wake and no depth. Hickey was right on schedule until.........., mike tannenbum was ushered in. He is a one man team wrecking machine and in one year, our promising young gm is alienated and silenced, rumours of taking over the draft, assinine comments on rookies and horrible contracts.

This is first year!! Can you imagine 5-6 years of him? If this is true, milk shake mike has already ruined himself with the ONLY guy who would give him an nfl job. Like in irelands last year, you could feel the toxicity and bad vibe in the front office through your pc. That same vibe is being felt now. Something stinks. And i see no coincidence in the fact we had a harmonious front office with hickeys first year at the helm and a broken, secretive, back biting, finger pointing over hyped season of lies and mistakes in year one of T-Bum.

Best thing he can do get rid of toxic tannenbaum. However, Ross and this once again, finding the hi profile, mega contract coach is his answer and is willing to give him personel control. That NEVER WORKS!! Their have been MAYBE 3 coach/gm's that actually prospered. We will not prosper untill someone gets it through Boss Ross's feeble head that this is a TALENT driven leauge. We have been bad for so long because we didnt have enough players and depth and leaders due to crappy gm types who couldnt recognise top talent or would trade down leaving a big time prospect on the draft board trading down to collect a bundle of mediocre types instead.

Ross has shot himself in the foot. He is strapped with a bit above average qb who will kill off the next big name, high flying coach who thinks HE will turn tanny into a 37 point per game gun slinger. Todays nfl is to big, to involved, to busy to wear both gm and coach hats. One or both will suffer.

He has the answer in his hands already with Campbell and his ball control, smash mouth philosophy and two star rb's to build around. He has a gm who is a great guy and works well with others and grabs talent. But, once again, it appears Ross just cant get out of his own way. Find the biggest name coach, pay them a hillary/wall street salary and thats the ticket. Getting rid of tannenbum is a must to save our future, but, his get the big name coach philosophy will only make us tread water until tanny ruins the next coach.

This tells me Ross TOTALLY bought into the hype of we have the players, this is a playoff squad nonsense layed on him first of the season. And it appears he still feels that way and its all coaching. Doomed reasoning. 90% of our problem is lack of big time players and leaders. We have a few, but, need a few more. We also nead quality depth. We need to get the hero ball out of tannys hands and surround him with a ball control offense and not once again being forced into gun slinger mode by a new, zelous coach.

Your all going to miss Dan Campbell. So will Ross at some point.

Personally, I root for Dan Campbell. He is a good guy that has tried so hard. I appreciate his honesty in pressers. It is a big change for Joe.

That being said, the team is going to lose nothing if he walks out the door. When Todd Bowles was the interim he had more experience than Campbell currently has. While Bowles was not my first pick to be fair, it was also obvious that he was a fit with Ireland...it would not have been a forced marriage. However, Miami lost out in having Bowles bolt. The guy is a good leader and smart defensive mind.

Campbell offers little outside of motivating players in helping a team win.

Good guy, but the franchise is not losing anything by him leaving.

Personally I don't want any so called Parcells guys near the Miami Dolphins , and especially if we had to compensate the team to get him. That is just a screw job plain and simple. Forget about the draft pick.

And....Zack Taylor is a "real OC?" and Dan Campbell is a "real HC?"

---------- Post added at 08:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 AM ----------

No to either, but how can you make a final determination of Thill if he has to learn another system?

And....Zack Taylor is a "real OC?" and Dan Campbell is a "real HC?"

---------- Post added at 08:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 AM ----------

No to either, but how can you make a final determination of Thill if he has to learn another system?

Hate to say it, but that is why Joe should have been canned at the end of 2013 or most def 2014. Miami knows how to stunt a QB's devo don't they.

Back
Top Bottom