Jason Cole report Ross thinking about blowing up FO | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jason Cole report Ross thinking about blowing up FO

Hayden I hope your right but Aponte has a track record of a black widow at her earlier assignments in the NFL and Tannebaum track record is less than stellar. That being said I can agree with you that Ross will retain them to guide this franchise but IMO we will go no where based on their past track records. What we need IMO is a coach who can come in and elevate the talent we have without needing to blow up the team to impliment their own scheme. We have been through a ton of coaching changes since Shula and basically everyone of those changes involves schemes changes which means we have to wait at least 3 years while they aquire the talent to run their schemes before we can determine if they are capable of coaching our team. A waste of time of time and draft picks. This is how is works on offense its ground or pound or SCO and on defense it the 3/4 or 4/3. While Cambell might be over his head he is on the mark we need to focus on the running game to assist RT who is simply good and rest our defense to move forward. Hayden if Tannebaum is the man he should be looking for a guy that can take our current talent and add to it withour rebuilding it. We are a guard, cb and MLB away from being a competitive team IF we have the right coaching. If we have to rebuild yet again and wait at least another 4 years then we have made another mistake to add to all the others since Shula left.

I dont see Ross ditching Tannenbaum at this juncture. Unless the coach of his dreams (as if he even has one) made it a stipulation, "Tannenbaum goes or I don't sign the dotted line" then maybe yea, but I just dont see it. The way I think his business brain works, he's gotta hold on to somebody, hence all the half-measures.
I do think Ross will definitely drop Hickey without hesitation if the new coach wants an approved guy as GM.

We need a coach with a track record like Payton. End of story.

The first problem is that you have Payton and.........as options. I doubt Harbaugh leaves Baltimore.

The second problem is that I doubt Payton will come to Miami to work with Tannenbaum. And I think the chances of Ross actually moving on from Tannenbaum are nil.

Exactly. Cole has been pulling crap from his wazzu for years. Last year he had us firing Joe and hiring Adam Gase or Pep Hamilton. Cole was the guy that said Manning would never throw again before going to Denver. He got the scoop wrong on who Andrew Luck (both from Stanford mind you) was going to pick as an agent.

Cole has sucked with his scoops in the past few years.
Cole also reported that Mike Wallace was going to be traded long before Wallace sat out the second half of that Jets game. I thought he was nuts too, but we all saw what happened there.

Consensus seems to be THill gets 1 more year to prove he's the guy. So why not stay with the status quo with the only change being hire a real DC.

Cole also reported that Mike Wallace was going to be traded long before Wallace sat out the second half of that Jets game. I thought he was nuts too, but we all saw what happened there.

Cole is terrible. You know he has nothing to offer.

Does Kevin Sumlin classify as a big name for people here?

For some reason I can't paste the link from Cole's twitter but there's a story where he is saying Ross is considering getting rid of everyone in the front office including Hickey and Tannenbaum. The reason is he wants to hire a proven and experienced HC and is willing to give him power over personnel. Interesting listen. You can find it on Cole's twitter or Orlando Alzugaray"s twitter.

Personally I am shocked if this is true but I hope it is.
I am not saying its going to happen but where there is some smoke, there may be some fire. The one thing I agree on with him is it would get out front office chain of command structure in order. The times that I have heard Jason on XM Sirius NFL Channel he has brought up some interesting conversations. We would also put a a new GM and coach in together rather than just replacing one at a time. I am just saying. Thanks for posting bro.

Folks, it is not a half measure if Tannenbaum is allowed to hire his guy. Ross is the one that forced marriages...first, it was Ireland and Tony after Ireland went behind Tony's back to hire Harbaugh, then it was Ireland and Joe....after Ireland wanted McCoy, but Ross wanted Joe. Then, it was Hickey and Joe mashed together. Then Tannenbaum was brought in, but he was not allowed to hire his own GM or coach.

Letting Tannenbaum hire his own guy would do wonders for the progress on the field.

Plus, Ross needs Tannenbaum. Does anyone have any faith that Ross can clean house and go out and create an organization on his own? Allow Tannenbaum to put the pieces in place and broker the deals to put this organization together.

Consensus seems to be THill gets 1 more year to prove he's the guy. So why not stay with the status quo with the only change being hire a real DC.

And....Zack Taylor is a "real OC?" and Dan Campbell is a "real HC?"

---------- Post added at 08:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 AM ----------

Folks, it is not a half measure if Tannenbaum is allowed to hire his guy. Ross is the one that forced marriages...first, it was Ireland and Tony after Ireland went behind Tony's back to hire Harbaugh, then it was Ireland and Joe....after Ireland wanted McCoy, but Ross wanted Joe. Then, it was Hickey and Joe mashed together. Then Tannenbaum was brought in, but he was not allowed to hire his own GM or coach.

Letting Tannenbaum hire his own guy would do wonders for the progress on the field.

Plus, Ross needs Tannenbaum. Does anyone have any faith that Ross can clean house and go out and create an organization on his own? Allow Tannenbaum to put the pieces in place and broker the deals to put this organization together.

I'm one of the few that's with you on the Tannenbaum thing. Fire everyone and let him put together everything from scratch!

And....Zack Taylor is a "real OC?" and Dan Campbell is a "real HC?"

---------- Post added at 08:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 AM ----------

I'm one of the few that's with you on the Tannenbaum thing. Fire everyone and let him put together everything from scratch!

I know I keep saying this, but it VITAL that the team creates an organization that buys into the same philosophy, vision or mission statement....whatever you want to call it. This organization has been running in so many directions for about 7 years now.

Plus, I think people fail to understand that Tannenbaum is the type of guy that would yield power if it meant landing the right coach. He is not some power hungry type.

Say you had something like this:

VP of Ops: Mike Tannenbaum
GM: Chris Grier (let Tannenbaum pick his own guy that is essentially a lead scout)
HC: Hue Jackson
OC: Al Saunders
DC: Jim Schwartz (Schwartz can bring with him Jim Washburn to get the most out of Suh).

We go from a completely neophyte coaching staff to one that is sophisticated, confident and respected.

---------- Post added at 08:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:46 AM ----------

I will state too, however, it is not certain that Jackson would pick Miami. He is going to have a choice.

Well it's definitely wouldn't be considered a half measure in my mind if Mike is the only left standing after the season ends. (Ross loves Aponte she had a chance to leave for the NFL front office job last time think she stays also IMO).

Mike is put in charge as Ross invisioned all along when he made this move and gets control for a few years to see what he can do for better or worse, that's how I see it, anything different would be a shock to me to be honest.

1. Tannenbaum has had lightyears more success as a GM than the Dolphins organization has experienced since Don Shula coached the team.
2. Like it or not Ross trusts Tannenbaum for football decisions. It is better than Carl Peterson at his ear. Tannenbaum is respected in league circles and is not drunk with power.

PLUS, I bet you a sack of donuts that Ross is not dumping Dawn Aponte, Matt Higgins and Tannenbaum. Hickey will go, but is that a newsflash? Tannenbaum has the ability to get Aponte, Higgins and the new coach he selects to be working in concert with the same vision for the organization. This team has not had that since 2008. It is VITAL going fwd.

Plus, those who believe and support this report, who is this "big name" that Ross is gong to catch?

---------- Post added at 09:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 PM ----------

Sean Payton is a big name? Who else fits this criterion?

Yeah he was so "respected" that no one else in the league would touch him for even a lateral position before Ross salvaged him from the sports agent dump heap... and prior to that, when Woody Johnson wanted to retain him in another position because he personally liked him, the Jets had trouble getting qualified GMs to interview because he'd still be in the picture.

Don't forget the hole so deep he left his successor in that he himself got fired before being able to dig out from it. Thanks but no thanks on Tannenbum.

Back
Top Bottom