Jason Cole report Ross thinking about blowing up FO | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jason Cole report Ross thinking about blowing up FO

First of all, I understand that Ross is making the decision and not me as I bang away on my laptop here in Maine. We have that established.

Secondly, once and for all folks, Bill Cowher is not coaching again. Ross can ask...he is done. Secondly, Jon Gruden is at best highly unlikely to coach again.

So, if I may, I will make a value judgement and state, "outside of Sean Payton, who is the big name that is possibly out there"?

your presumed knowledge of the availability of big names does not trump the need for Ross to hold out all hope

I can absolutely see him put it out that all options are on the table

Gruden and Cowher do not even appeal to me at this time anymore. Maybe a few years ago, but not now.

If you told me that John Harbaugh could be pried from the Ravens? That is a big name. However, is he really leaving Baltimore?

Those college coaches are not leaving. I like Jim Mora Jr. but he is not in the Meyer, Kelly, Shaw group.

He had more success in New York then we have experienced in decades my friend.

"he has had more success than a losing organization"

did you study logic at the George W Bush community college?

your presumed knowledge of the availability of big names does not trump the need for Ross to hold out all hope

I can absolutely see him put it out that all options are on the table

You start listing "big names" and we can debate whether they are available or not.

I agree Sean Payton is a big name. I need to know the comp before I cheer this one though.

BTW, Hue Jackson will have some choices this winter and is not a slam-dunk for Miami. There are some attractive jobs out there.

---------- Post added at 10:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 PM ----------

"he has had more success than a losing organization"

did you study logic at the George W Bush community college?

Okay...two trips to AFC Champ games. Fin fans should not toss stones at people by calling them losers at this point.

Guys like todd haley failed jim mora jr failed the current oc in new england failed miserably in denver

I think if ross strikes out on big fish and the next alternatives require tannebaum as part of the package to come you are gonna be in the former failed boat

I dont see tannebaum as an assist to this at all...i see him as a detriment

If im sean payton im not coming to miami to report to anyone other than ross...hue jackson might be in the same boat cause i expect him to have suitors and options

Gruden and Cowher are done coaching. They have cushy jobs and have been away from the game for too long now.

I mean aren't we at the point that their names shouldnt even be brought up - whats the statue of limitations on them?

Gruden and Cowher are done coaching. They have cushy jobs and have been away from the game for too long now.

I don't doubt this BUT knowing Ross he is not going to close the door on a 1% chance of a "big name" when the alternative is retreads and "hot coordinators"

Guys like todd haley failed jim mora jr failed the current oc in new england failed miserably in denver

I think if ross strikes out on big fish and the next alternatives require tannebaum as part of the package to come you are gonna be in the former failed boat

If im sean payton im not coming to miami to report to anyone other than ross...hue jackson might be in the same boat cause i expect him to have suitors and options

Sean Payton is starring at two consecutive sub .500 records. I do not consider him a failure, but he is not coming here hot. Plus, I have to give up compensation for him? Wow. I think he can coach, but I am not blown away by it.

Some very successful coaches failed their first time. People learn the most from failure. Nothing wrong with it.

I completely agree that Jackson will have multiple teams interested. He is not a slam dunk to come in here and I admit that.

You start listing "big names" and we can debate whether they are available or not.

I agree Sean Payton is a big name. I need to know the comp before I cheer this one though.

BTW, Hue Jackson will have some choices this winter and is not a slam-dunk for Miami. There are some attractive jobs out there.

---------- Post added at 10:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 PM ----------

Okay...two trips to AFC Champ games. Fin fans should not toss stones at people by calling them losers at this point.

Yes and he was fired 2 years later. There was an element of luck to those sorry ass Jets teams making it that far. Tannenbaum is a loser.

Payton will be the hot name if he hits cause he has a respect in nfl coaching circles and a track record that none of these other options can sniff

And he always has sound gameplans and shows terrific game management...

The only thing that might deter that is compensation price if it goes that route...some may balk at the price but im sure he will have his pick of all my chips on the table suitors

Plus payton rocks a visor and as a fellow visor guy myself thats just straight up pimp

Payton will be the hot name if he hits cause he has a respect in nfl coaching circles and a track record that none of these other options can sniff

And he always has sound gameplans and shows terrific game management...

The only thing that might deter that is compensation price if it goes that route...some may balk at the price but im sure he will have his pick of all my chips on the table suitors

He will be the first domino. Remember the Browns were flirting with the Niners a few years back about Harbaugh and they did agree on a 3rd rounder in consecutive drafts. I could live with a pair of 3's for Payton. Though I would say Harbaugh is higher on the totem pole than Payton.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...early-had-harbaugh-for-two-third-round-picks/

We know a loser when we see one. After all, the Dolphins have been losers for many years.

It will certainly be an interesting January with the coaching search...an interesting February as the staff is filled....an interesting March with FA...April/May with the draft.

Hey the offseason is the best time to be a Fins fan.

Back
Top Bottom